Not seeing the drive and folder where my MKV rips are. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Didn't want to further hyjack someone elses thread so I'm starting this one that will probably be short lived because I think it's a simple problem that someone with Win7 experiance can solve in a heartbeat. I have two drives on this PC. The C: drive has the OS and other applications on it. I believe I have set permissions correctly for Windows Media center as the two sample videos provided in it play from a WD media player. However, my MKV files are on drive M: in a folder named "MKV". I think I need to set additional permissions for that drive and folder for those files to stream. I have no Win 7 experiance and don't see how to set the additional permissions for the second drive.
Thanks,

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 115
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fu0LtdVmGw

post #3 of 5 Old 07-08-2013, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks, tried it. Still no go. I'm writing to the drive (M:) and folder (MKV) OK. I can go to the PC and see that the 6 BD's and 2 DVD's I ripped are actually there. I just can't see them from the WD player.

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #4 of 5 Old 07-09-2013, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This must be a "permissions/security" issue. I switched gears and looked through all the settings options on the WD. In file management I do see my folder "MKV" but when I select it I get a message "no media present" or something to that effect. Should have wrote it down.
BUT it does at least see the folder and I know there is 8 movies contained in that folder.
When I right click that folder, it does say that it is shared, In a earlier post I was told to make sure that "everyone is enabled in sharing AND in security". I did not see that option in security.

Might this older WD require movie files in their own folder?
Do I have a path issue?
Do I have a permissions or security issue?

post #5 of 5 Old 07-09-2013, 04:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel View Post

When I right click that folder, it does say that it is shared, In a earlier post I was told to make sure that "everyone is enabled in sharing AND in security". I did not see that option in security.
?

Your folder is shared with Homegroup, but that is not good for the WD, it requires open sharing (i.e. everyone). Right click on the folder you want to share, select properties, then share folder, then add "everyone" to the sharing list.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Western Digital Wd Tv Live Streaming Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page