Blueray Quality over Stream(HTPC)? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
HI all

so i'm basically very anal about watching movies lately and only want to watch them on bluray.. Now i do have a HUGE library on my PC ( I use PLEX media server as i think it is incredible) and some of my PLEX movies are .MKV which is very sharp looking.. BUT,

If I am going to build a dedicated HT, and watch some 3D content is it the same exact image in your opinion, whether i am watching on a bluray player with the disc, or streaming it to my Projector through a PC or sorts? Thanks a lot

i am willing to convert every bluray i own to .mkv if the quality would be the same...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-09-2013, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ike12 View Post

HI all

so i'm basically very anal about watching movies lately and only want to watch them on bluray.. Now i do have a HUGE library on my PC ( I use PLEX media server as i think it is incredible) and some of my PLEX movies are .MKV which is very sharp looking.. BUT,

If I am going to build a dedicated HT, and watch some 3D content is it the same exact image in your opinion, whether i am watching on a bluray player with the disc, or streaming it to my Projector through a PC or sorts? Thanks a lot

i am willing to convert every bluray i own to .mkv if the quality would be the same...

As long as you don't compress your Blu-Rays, your MKVs will be identical. I prefer MakeMKV for my Blu-Ray rips.

I also use PLEX Media server, for my Dune HDTV 303D Media player. Works wonders.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 59
If you want the best quality on your HTPC you can use powerdvd for your 3d files, and use mpc-hc with madvr for your mkv files that quality will be amazing.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
TY Both!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Dune Hd Tv303d Wifi 3d Streamer
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version