Confused about best streaming option, mediaplayer or Samsung Blueray with wifi - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-2013, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone. I am new with all the streaming and networking options available . I have a Samsung BD-D5700 blueray attached to my Samsung tv and networked with my home computer. I do not use internet streaming since I have a wireless internet and is very expensive. (The blueray does have a Netflix app if i want to stream a movie but only once in a while.) For the best picture quality steaming from my computer ( or an ext usb hardrive) is a separate mediaplayer better than the internal streamer on the bluray? I cannot see for the price of a blueray player (with its extra hardware, drives, etc.) comparing to a separate mediaplayer in terms of performance or quality . Since I dont really want internet streaming maybe what I only need is an ext usb hardrive connected to a mediaplayer or the blueray, but I am not sure. Any suggestions or tips? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-09-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 392
If your computer has an HDMI, DVI or DisplayPort output, you might consider connecting it directly to your TV or receiver instead of going over the network through a Blu-ray player or media streamer. (Adapters from DVI or DisplayPort to HDMI are readily available.)

DLNA streaming support tends to be fragile. Too often a video or audio format which plays OK on a computer can't be played through a Blu-ray player. Also, connect your systems together using ethernet cable if you can. Wireless networking is prone to problems, especially dropouts. Wired connections are much more reliable.

Selden
post #3 of 3 Old 07-10-2013, 07:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Samsung Bd D5700 Blu Ray Disc Player Black
Gear in this thread - D5700 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page