*Official* Google Chromecast owners thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2014, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Sure, that's one example. I've not used any of them so I don't have specific experience to offer as to which are better/worse. An important issue to consider is HDMI handshaking between the source and the destinations is involved. As in, the device handling the output is involved in negotiations with the source. If the output device handles only stereo then it'll signal the source and that's what the source will provide. You'd have to check whether devices like that bump the output down to only right/left stereo or not. Otherwise you'd be stuck using only that for ALL output from the Chromecast. This would be a bad thing for movies that have surround-sound features. It's entirely possible that the splitter device could accept multi-channel and convert that internally, but that would require the splitter to have support for that (and presumably pay Dolby licensing).

So, check as to how the source audio is negotiated and understand whether or not that's a problem for you or not.

As for watching TV while guests are over.. not sure that's the most hospitable approach to things, but hey...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2014, 04:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Guest Mode (can connect without WiFi) is now active for Android devices. Here are the details. https://support.google.com/chromecas...c=6109288&rd=1
Old Today, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The updated Android app let me mirror my 2012 Nexus 7 with my Chromecast.

Neil

Tags
Google Chromecast Hdmi Streaming Media Player , Logitech Harmony 650 Remote Silver