Window 7 WMC, Asus rt n66u dropping networked HDHR Prime networked tuner & internet streaming simultaneously - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-12-2013, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Currently using RT-n66u Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.370_172, not sure if I had the problem below before this upgrade, only have had this Asus router for month or so.

I have a Windows 7 Asus ROG Laptop with WMC and I use three Xbox 360 Slim as extenders connected to each TV. Have been hardwired via Powerline Ethernet to each Xbox using Netgear WNDR3800 router. Setup worked great. Recently I purchased an Asus RT n66u router and I have the same setup in place. Now I am getting this "Viewing and listening conflict tuner unavailable" error interrupting viewing for minute or two whenever I watch WMC either directly on the laptop, which acts as WMC server to the Xboxes, or when using the Xboxes. Some are hardwired some 5 GHz wireless but problem is same with all.

Here's another thing. As I watched TV directly on laptop WMC, which is hardwired Ethernet to router port as is HDHR Prime TV tuners, I also had browser window open watching MLB.TV which is an Internet video streamed live broadcast. WMC connects to the Silicondust HDHR Prime tuners via my local network (laptop and tuner Ethernet wired into same Asus rt n66u router), & the HDHR Prime connects to coax from my cable tv provider. When I had the viewing/listening conflict error message on WMC the MLB.TV stream stopped simultaneously. Happened three times like that. The WMC error ruins recordings and viewing of TV shows and happens with almost every TV viewing now. The fact that it occurs simultaneous with interruption of the MLB.TV Internet stream makes me think my router is the issue interrupting/affecting both local home network as well as Internet access, just periodically disconnecting any laptop, tuner, or xbox whether it is wired or wirelessly connected to the RT n66u.

Does anyone have any experience with similar problems and know how to set up the Asus RT n66u correctly to avoid this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-12-2013, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 592
I've got the ASUS AC66U, and I set up the 2.4 and 5 hz with different SSID and broadcasting channels. I also have the 2.4 for N broadcast, and the 5 for everything else. Haven't had an issues with connectivity.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

post #3 of 5 Old 08-13-2013, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Already did that but the Viewing Listening conflict continues
post #4 of 5 Old 09-09-2013, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

bump
post #5 of 5 Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 592
I wish I could be of more help, but I never had that type of setup. The only think I cold recommend would be to put your old router back and see if that solves the issue. If this is the case then the ASUS router might be the culprit as you have mentioned before. Have you contacted ASUS customer service? May be they can help you out.

Media Server: UnRaid Server: 15TB of storage and growing :).

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8599

Home Theater Set Up:

http://www.avsforum.com/lists/display/view/id/8597

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Asus Rt N66u Dual Band Wireless N900 Gigabit Router
Gear in this thread - N900 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page