Options for surfing the web on my TV? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-17-2013, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What are the options for surfing the web on my TV, similar to what Google Chromecast does?

Some things to consider are:
1) I don't have a laptop or a tablet, but I like the idea of surfing the web on my TV in a similar fashion to the Chromecast
2) I want a full browser that the content networks can not or do not block (again, like the Chromecast..so that means GoogleTV is out as the networks block that)
3) Wired ethernet is preferred.
4) Is actually available in Canada. As a Canadian, my only option for Hulu on my TV is with Hulu+ on my PS3, but I already pay for Netflix + Unblock-us to get American Netflix

Any ideas? Or am I stuck with using an HDMI cable connecting my computer to my TV (Not ideal for me).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-18-2013, 04:03 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Cant think of a viable option (also Chromecast is hard wired to Google DNS servers), there are Android TV devices you can get but Android web browser doesn't do Flash which is no longer supported, you could go through Android apps perhaps if the likes of Unblock-us work with them.

There are loads of cheap Android sticks on dealextreme, might want to try the Rockchip quad or dual core ones, at least they dont cost too much so you don't waste a ton of money on something that might not work out so well.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page