Enjoy your music on a Dune with Dune Music Manager (DMM) - Page 10 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #271 of 272 Unread Today, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hi Bob

This is due to the way your tablet handles multitasking. When you do shuffle all or play a playlist that hasn't been saved, the web app pings the dune every second to check the play status and position. This is done to detect the end of a song in order to start the next (or a random one when shuffling).

When the browser is not the application running on the forefront it cannot do this check and therefore loses track and stops.

The solution is to save the playlist before playing it. However playlists saved via the webapp are limited to 300 songs as it will take too long to save. You could possibly create a playlist within DMM (pc application) containing all the songs and play that in shuffle mode from within the webapp.

To keep you informed, I'm working on the new version of PC/Webapp of DMM.

On the WebApp side the new features will be (limited) :
  • multilanguage (english, french, portuguese)
  • possibility to adjust the size of various elements (lists, covers, buttons, header/footer) to cope with the variety of display resolution, e.g. tablets
  • Vol - / Vol + buttons
  • Possibility to add songs to a playlist without having that playlist being played

If you have other ideas, let me know
Alberto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 272 Unread Today, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by otreblaelasac View Post
Hi Bob

This is due to the way your tablet handles multitasking. When you do shuffle all or play a playlist that hasn't been saved, the web app pings the dune every second to check the play status and position. This is done to detect the end of a song in order to start the next (or a random one when shuffling).

When the browser is not the application running on the forefront it cannot do this check and therefore loses track and stops.

The solution is to save the playlist before playing it. However playlists saved via the webapp are limited to 300 songs as it will take too long to save. You could possibly create a playlist within DMM (pc application) containing all the songs and play that in shuffle mode from within the webapp.

To keep you informed, I'm working on the new version of PC/Webapp of DMM.

On the WebApp side the new features will be (limited) :
  • multilanguage (english, french, portuguese)
  • possibility to adjust the size of various elements (lists, covers, buttons, header/footer) to cope with the variety of display resolution, e.g. tablets
  • Vol - / Vol + buttons
  • Possibility to add songs to a playlist without having that playlist being played
If you have other ideas, let me know
Alberto
That makes sense and is not a big deal really. What you have accomplished is outstanding. Any new features would just be icing on the cake. I did prefer the color scheme of the 1.2.8 web app, but that is minor thing. It was just easier on my old eyes

Thanks Alberto,
Bob
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Netgear Ntv550
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page