Enjoy your music on a Dune with Dune Music Manager (DMM) - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
post #271 of 298 Old 02-13-2015, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hi Bob

This is due to the way your tablet handles multitasking. When you do shuffle all or play a playlist that hasn't been saved, the web app pings the dune every second to check the play status and position. This is done to detect the end of a song in order to start the next (or a random one when shuffling).

When the browser is not the application running on the forefront it cannot do this check and therefore loses track and stops.

The solution is to save the playlist before playing it. However playlists saved via the webapp are limited to 300 songs as it will take too long to save. You could possibly create a playlist within DMM (pc application) containing all the songs and play that in shuffle mode from within the webapp.

To keep you informed, I'm working on the new version of PC/Webapp of DMM.

On the WebApp side the new features will be (limited) :
  • multilanguage (english, french, portuguese)
  • possibility to adjust the size of various elements (lists, covers, buttons, header/footer) to cope with the variety of display resolution, e.g. tablets
  • Vol - / Vol + buttons
  • Possibility to add songs to a playlist without having that playlist being played

If you have other ideas, let me know
Alberto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 298 Old 02-13-2015, 12:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by otreblaelasac View Post
Hi Bob

This is due to the way your tablet handles multitasking. When you do shuffle all or play a playlist that hasn't been saved, the web app pings the dune every second to check the play status and position. This is done to detect the end of a song in order to start the next (or a random one when shuffling).

When the browser is not the application running on the forefront it cannot do this check and therefore loses track and stops.

The solution is to save the playlist before playing it. However playlists saved via the webapp are limited to 300 songs as it will take too long to save. You could possibly create a playlist within DMM (pc application) containing all the songs and play that in shuffle mode from within the webapp.

To keep you informed, I'm working on the new version of PC/Webapp of DMM.

On the WebApp side the new features will be (limited) :
  • multilanguage (english, french, portuguese)
  • possibility to adjust the size of various elements (lists, covers, buttons, header/footer) to cope with the variety of display resolution, e.g. tablets
  • Vol - / Vol + buttons
  • Possibility to add songs to a playlist without having that playlist being played
If you have other ideas, let me know
Alberto
That makes sense and is not a big deal really. What you have accomplished is outstanding. Any new features would just be icing on the cake. I did prefer the color scheme of the 1.2.8 web app, but that is minor thing. It was just easier on my old eyes

Thanks Alberto,
Bob
post #273 of 298 Old 03-30-2015, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hi there

I'm working still on DMM

Specifically I'm adding the following features (see below). I wanted to ask the community if you are interested in these features or if current DMM is just enough for you.
BTW, this will most likely be the last DMM release apart bug fixes and apart if I get a lot of requests for new capabilities

PC APP
  • Composers page
  • Alphabetical access
    • Global ABC page (pointing to Albums or Artists), as for now ... or
    • Choose if you want to have an alphabetical access for Albums, Artists/Composers, Genres. If this option is not checked, then you go straight to the full list of covers/pictures
  • Possibility to always create a Folder page for folder-based navigation
  • Report after scan + View db infos. This allows to have detailed info about the content and changes in the database (e.G. albums, songs, artists added, etc)
  • Import/Export of m3u playlists
  • Upgrade from previous version. choosing this option a previous release is migrated to the new ones automatically (apart the export that should still be done).

WEB APP

• UI customization (size of various components for better look on smartphones/tablets)
  • MultiLanguage support (English, French, Portuguese)
  • Volume - / Volume +
  • Add items to a playlist (or create a new one) without having something being played

Let me know
Alberto
tightrope likes this.
post #274 of 298 Old 03-31-2015, 12:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Hi there

I'm working still on DMM

Specifically I'm adding the following features (see below). I wanted to ask the community if you are interested in these features or if current DMM is just enough for you.
BTW, this will most likely be the last DMM release apart bug fixes and apart if I get a lot of requests for new capabilities
Hi Alberto, for me option 5 "Import/Export of m3u playlists" will be much useful and appreciated.
Thanks for your continued efforts and support
post #275 of 298 Old 03-31-2015, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Hi there

I'm working still on DMM

PC APP
  • Composers page
  • Report after scan + View db infos. This allows to have detailed info about the content and changes in the database (e.G. albums, songs, artists added, etc)
  • Import/Export of m3u playlists
  • Upgrade from previous version. choosing this option a previous release is migrated to the new ones automatically (apart the export that should still be done).

Let me know
Alberto

Hi Alberto
I will vote for
  • Composers page
  • Report after scan + View db infos
And if you could made it possible not to play the songs alphabetic in the collections, when I use the tablet version of DMM.

/Dan
post #276 of 298 Old 10-19-2015, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I tried DMM 2.2.4a today, and it looks to have a lot of promise to finally enable one to use a Dune to play music!! However, I did have a major problem. I could not get it to sort using the right artist names. It appears to be sorting using the file directory artist names, rather than the artist names contained in the tags. The file structure of my music is first artist-oriented and then song-oriented, as the top folder in the structure is the artist name in first name, last name order. Then the file for each song by that artist is contained in that directory. However, I manage the music collection (8,000 songs) using Media Monkey ("MM"), and in MM, I rename each artist using the order that I want them sorted by (usually last name, first name and deleting articles in the beginning of group names), and MM tags the individual song files using that artist name along with all the other tagging material including album names, album artist, year, album covers, etc.

When I created the menu in DMM, I checked the box for artist name and under the sorting options, I checked the "first name" option thinking it would use the first name in the tag. However, after it goes through and sorts and compiles its database, the end result is that it generally sorts by first name of the artist as contained in the file structure, not the first name in the tag, although it is not consistent. For example, one tag contains an artist name of "King, Evelyn "Champagne"", and DMM sorted using the "Champagne" part of the name. I also tried to modify the menu by having it sort by the second word, but I got the same result.

What am I doing wrong, or do I have to change my file structure by renaming my artist directories using the name that I want DMM to sort by?

A couple other minor observations.
[LIST]
[-]Using the backspace key to go back seemed somewhat non-intuitive to me, perhaps because I have used Zappiti for so many years, and Zappiti uses the escape key to go back.
[-]Also, it appears that you cannot use the scroll wheel on the mouse to scroll through lists; instead you have to use the page-up or page-down keys to scroll.
[-]Lastly, if you have scrolled down several pages of say the artists, and you want to go back to the main menu, it appears that you have to back space or page-up through each page to get to the top menu, rather than going directly to the main menu.
post #277 of 298 Old 10-19-2015, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Hi there

let first see the UI navigation.
After having created a menu, DMM shows by default a full screen page representing what your menu would look like on the dune. In this mode you can navigate by
  • point and click (current and total number of pages of a given section are shown at the bottom left)
  • change page within the same section (page down, up, home, end)
  • go back (backspace)
  • change section with shortcuts (S=start, A=Albums, T=Artists, G=Genres)
You can then directly export the menu and DMM will show you a full preview of the result (same way to navigate)
Additionally you can work a bit more with your menu to edit the template, change images, etc.). To do that you can reveal the Template Editor and the Library panes (toolbar buttons to the right). Actions on one of the two panes allow also to navigate through the menu pages
  • clicking on a Template Editor tab change the section
  • Changing the Library view (Albums, Artists, Genres, Playlists, Collections) changes the section
  • clicking on a Library list item goes to the corresponding page
Now about Artists sort. Normally DMM only uses tag values for artists. If you asked DMM to scrape images (i.e. looking for covers, pictures, backgrounds using last.fm, fanart, google, etc.), you can ask DMM to also look for sorting names.

Checking with your example I may have found a misbehavior here. If the menu has been created with Last word sorting in the first place it keeps that option for any menu using the same library. Could you check the following
  • open the library Pane
  • select Artists view
  • click on the A-Z button. Change to First Word and push Apply and then OK.
If the problem does not go away, I suggest you to send me an email (albertocasale@yahoo.com) and we'll "sort" it out
Alberto
post #278 of 298 Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Hi there

let first see the UI navigation.
After having created a menu, DMM shows by default a full screen page representing what your menu would look like on the dune. In this mode you can navigate by
  • point and click (current and total number of pages of a given section are shown at the bottom left)
  • change page within the same section (page down, up, home, end)
  • go back (backspace)
  • change section with shortcuts (S=start, A=Albums, T=Artists, G=Genres)
You can then directly export the menu and DMM will show you a full preview of the result (same way to navigate)
Additionally you can work a bit more with your menu to edit the template, change images, etc.). To do that you can reveal the Template Editor and the Library panes (toolbar buttons to the right). Actions on one of the two panes allow also to navigate through the menu pages
  • clicking on a Template Editor tab change the section
  • Changing the Library view (Albums, Artists, Genres, Playlists, Collections) changes the section
  • clicking on a Library list item goes to the corresponding page
Now about Artists sort. Normally DMM only uses tag values for artists. If you asked DMM to scrape images (i.e. looking for covers, pictures, backgrounds using last.fm, fanart, google, etc.), you can ask DMM to also look for sorting names.

Checking with your example I may have found a misbehavior here. If the menu has been created with Last word sorting in the first place it keeps that option for any menu using the same library. Could you check the following
  • open the library Pane
  • select Artists view
  • click on the A-Z button. Change to First Word and push Apply and then OK.
If the problem does not go away, I suggest you to send me an email (albertocasale@yahoo.com) and we'll "sort" it out
Alberto
Alberto:

Thanks for your quick response. Your explanation above about the navigation makes a lot more sense now to me. I wasn't aware of the Home, End and shortcuts features. I still need to retrain myself not to use escape to go upwards, but I think I am trainable!!

Regarding your proposed solution to my sorting problem, there must be something else that I am missing. When you say "Library pane", I assume you mean the screen that has the Albums, Alphabet, Genres, Years, Artists, etc. icons. When I click on the Artists icon, it takes me to the screen with all the artist names. I see no "A-Z" button on this screen. The only way I can see to change to first word is by clicking on the action button and selecting "Modify menu configuration. What am I missing?

Jerry
post #279 of 298 Old 10-20-2015, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Jerry, with "Library Pane" I mean the pane that appears to the right. Give a look at the user manual on dropbox for a longer explanation of the various features.

Here is a picture that shows the Template Editor pane, the Library Pane and the window about Artists sort

post #280 of 298 Old 10-20-2015, 04:31 PM

Alberto:

OK, now I understand. I tried your solution and it worked. It now sorts the artist by the first word in the tag name. One thing that is kind of odd is that in the "Artists Sort Name" dialog box, it list each artist's name twice per line with a semicolon separating the duplicate name. But it doesn't appear to be duplicated in the other panes.

It appears to have picked up the vast majority of the album covers from the tags, but some appear to be missing, even though according to Media Monkey, the tag does contain an album cover. Do you know of any reason why they wouldn't have picked up all album covers from the tags? It's not a major problem, as I can easily scrape new images in DMM for the missing ones.

I had already downloaded your user manual and even printed it out in color!! Unfortunately I quit reading after the part about creating menus, because I wanted to try it out!!

One last question about playlists. I plan to use the TV or an Android device to play the lists. It appears that you cannot import m3u playlists into DMM, except maybe through the Webapp. Is that correct? The manual says that you create a playlist and then browse and pick songs or albums to add to playlist, and that sounds very logical. But I would like to first create several playlist names, and then browse through the songs and select a playlist to assign each song to. Will it work that way also, or do I have to have a playlist open in order to add a song to it?

Thanks again for your prompt (and patient) responses to my questions.

Jerry
post #281 of 298 Old 10-21-2015, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter

Jerry,

the window with the artists sorting works like this. Each line shows Sortname;Tagname
You can edit the first part (before ";") as you wish and then enter OK

About the intag covers, I just found that by introducing a new feature recently, I've broken the initial behavior.
I've uploaded the full new version 2.2.4b on dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ig62phxie...Km4_RzIPa?dl=0

You don't need to install it all again. On dropbox there is also just the new exe.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...4b_exeonly.zip

Download it, unzip it and run it instead of the current one (you need to rescan the library). BTW there is an option in the DuneMusicManager_Options.xml file (in the DMM folder) that allows you to define the minimum size a intag cover must have, default is 300x300
<EmbeddedCoverMinSize>300</EmbeddedCoverMinSize>

About Playlists. 2.2.4 for the TV does not allow to browse through songs and and then attach songs to a playlist. There is a fully dedicated Playlists window where you create a playlists and then (in the same window) have access to the entire library to add songs or entire albums, artists, genres. If you have trouble with this feature let me know and I'll post a tutorial. BTW the upcoming new release will be able to import m3u playlists as well as the playlists created with the webapp.

Using the web app is more flexible. You can create playlists and dynamically add songs to them. Limitation is that you can only do this to the playlist currently being played. Basically you start listening to something, you can add stuff to the playlist and then save under a name.
The web app for the new release will allow you to create playlists independently of what is being played.

Hope this helps and you'll have fun with your Dune thx to DMM
Alberto
alveola likes this.
post #282 of 298 Old 11-15-2015, 02:17 PM

Wonderful application

I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful application. I really appreciate how well thought out the application is. I downloaded and installed DMM about a week ago. Since then I have been enjoying so many old'er CD's that I had forgotten about but can now easily see and access. I am very excited about the upcoming ability to add .m3u playlists and if I could make one request; I know it's trivial, but I would like to second the idea of using the ESC key instead of the BACKSPACE key to move back. I too have been using Zappiti for years and it's second nature.

Thank you again for your hard work. I sent a little something your way and I hope your passion for DMM continues.
otreblaelasac likes this.
post #283 of 298 Old 11-16-2015, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thx a lot Kzboray, your comment is very much appreciated !

I'll publish soon a slightly revised 2.2.4 version which fixes few bugs, adds few minor additions and ... implements the [ESC] button to go back .
Stay tuned.

The next version (with .m3u playlists Import/Export capabilities), is being tested and should be available before Year End if all goes well, otherwise in January

Alberto
post #284 of 298 Old 11-16-2015, 12:09 PM

Multi Artist album sort order

otreblaelasac,

Again thank you for this amazing application. The more I use it the more I love how intuitive it is. I did have a question about multi-artist albums. For example:

The DB shows #1 Hits of the 70s as the first entry in Albums, and yet when I change to the ALBUM view it's listed by one of the artists names (Robert John). Here's a screen shot of the first page of the ALBUM view where I would expect #1 Hits of the 70s to be the first album as it is listed in the DB. But it's not, it's actually listed alphabetically under Robert John"

I have verified that the Album name is consistent in all tags from that album. Here's the ID tag info for the song with Robert John as the artist.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I would like a single album in ALBUM view for the title #1 Hits of the 70s listed alphabetically. In the ARTIST view I see all the songs listed by each artist alphabetically, but I can't seem to get the album view to show in alphabetical order by album title. This is happening on three compilations CD's that I currently have added via DMM. They show up in the DB view correctly, but in the album view they are listed by one of the artists on the album and not the album title.

Last edited by kzboray; 11-16-2015 at 12:14 PM.
post #285 of 298 Old 11-16-2015, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Hi there,

Check the options tab (bottom pane to the left where the template editor is located with various tabs).

Decide which sorting rule you want to apply to the albums. It could be,e.g., artist/title/year, title/artist/year, etc. The album view will update accordingly.

In a realease I'm about to publish the db view and the album view will be consistent. Currently they are not.

Hope this helps
Alberto
post #286 of 298 Old 11-16-2015, 03:25 PM

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I went ahead and setup options as follows:

Then I re-scanned and checked both the DB view and the Album view. As you can see, the album view still isn't showing the albums by album name. For albums with multiple artists it shows them by one of the artists names. In this case it is using Robert John's.

The DB shows the albums in this order:

#1 Hit of the 70s (Robert John)
20 (TLC)
21 (Adele)
A Night at the Opera (Queen)
etc

The actual order when viewing albums is very different:

3LAU
Above & Beyond
Adele
Aerosmith
etc

What should I check next? Is there any other information I can provide that will make it easier to track down what I am doing wrong? Thank you again for your help.
post #287 of 298 Old 11-17-2015, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Could you, please, send me an email (albertocasale@yahoo.com) ? We'll sort it out and report back to the forum.

DMM, always define a main artist for an album. If the AlbumArtist tag is not empty, this is the one used. Otherwise DMM takes the first artist in the list it creates using all artists entered in the artist tag of all songs.
For a compilation, usually you have "Various artists" (or equivalent) as Album Artist. In your case is Album Artist empty for your compilations ?

Alberto
post #288 of 298 Old 11-17-2015, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Actually you do not need to rescan when you change the options.
Run again Dmm, check that the options are ok, if not change them again and save the template (button save beside template name).

No go back to the home page and then to the albums. Any change ?
Close and run dmm again, any change ?

Still be good if you send me an email. Next 2.2.4 minor release improves sorting and options handling.

Alberto
post #289 of 298 Old 11-23-2015, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Hi there,

thanks to the input and tests of some very helpful users, I was able to improve the current release and fix few bugs.
I called this new release 2.2.5 and you can find it here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m60w233mz...DrtUnIaea?dl=0

The 2.2.x main page with the (yet to be updated) user manual is here
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkrbgwzp4...rBd3RzaIa?dl=0

If you don't have issues with the release you're currently using, do not jump to 2.2.5 to intall it .
If you already have a 2.2.4 release installed and have some issues with it, you can also simply install the exe/xml/dll you'll find on dropbox

This will be last change/improvement I'll do to 2.2.x version.

I'll focus now on finishing/testing the new version which I'll probably call 3.0.

3.0 will very likely be my last version !

Enjoy
Alberto
tightrope likes this.
post #290 of 298 Old 12-04-2015, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

hi there

it seems that the Google search API I'm using are no longer available (get an exception and no results). Is it the same for you out there (no results) ?

Alberto
post #291 of 298 Old 12-12-2015, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all,

the new version (2.2.5d) is available at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m60w233mz...DrtUnIaea?dl=0

it brings:
  • a new way to search images with Google given that the API I used became obsolete
  • a new menu action to fully rescan the library and not just search for new files
  • an improved check on cue files
  • a corrected WebAPP (it didn't play correctly albums linked to cuefiles)
  • a way to reduce the size of the images used by the webapp to speed up download and navigation
  • Druid DuneScope template in portuguese
  • bugs fixing
If you don't have flac music with CueFiles, don't use Google to find new images and your WebApp isn't slowed down by images that are too big then you don't need to upgrade.

I'll soon post a message explaining how to upgrade your 2.2.5 setup without reinstalling the all thing from scratch.

Thanks a million to Druid for his patience, tests and suggestions !!!
Thanks a lot also to Krow for his tests, suggestions and translations

Enjoy DMM
Alberto

P.S. When I'll get time I'll update the user manual
PP.SS. Next and last step for DMM will be version 3.0 but for that you'll need to wait a bit more
tightrope likes this.
post #292 of 298 Unread 01-06-2016, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all,

I uploaded the latest version (2.2.6) to Dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pm87qisx7...A1GXdbzBa?dl=0

root folder is : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkrbgwzp4...rBd3RzaIa?dl=0

This new version consolidates the various changes/improvements recently made. In particular it fixes an issue with albums consisting of one image audio file with Cuesheet embedded in the tags. It also has a feature allowing to seamlessly use the menus you've created with previous (only 2.2.x) versions.

If you don't have issues with DMM, there is no need to jump on 2.2.6. If you do, then
  • download the zip
  • unzip it in a folder
  • run the program
  • the 1st time it runs it will show you a window to upgrade your current menus. Select the folder where you have your current DMM setup, keep checked the menus you want to upgrade and click OK. You'll then need to restart the program. The upgrade option is also available through the action menu.
    The upgrade copy/adjust the relevant files from the previous setup into the new one without destroying anything in the previous folder. After the upgrade, just use the newly installed DMM
Any problem, let me know
Alberto

Last edited by otreblaelasac; 01-06-2016 at 04:45 AM.
post #293 of 298 Unread 01-08-2016, 05:06 PM

Liked: 3
Thank you for such a wonderful piece of software!
I own Dune Base 3.0 for some 8 years now and i did not know things like that existed.
Please don't stop at version 3!

I just have few things to say/wish:

1. First of all, Sorting of artists. Whether you sort by first word or second word, you still get Pink Floyd listed under F as "Floyd, Pink". All other bands as well: "Mode, Depeche", "Corporation, Thievery", etc.
I understand it's not possible for the machine to distinguish whether it's a person or a band, but maybe it would be possible not to invert the names.

2. The separators for Artist names (/ or do not seem to work. If i separate them, in the artist list i still get one artist: "Arturo Sandoval/Irakere"

3. Genres. in the second post of this thread there is a link to a collection of genres icons. But those icons are no match for the ones originally used in the application. Maybe someone knows where to get the extended collection of this style used in DMM?

4. Export folder size is somehow weird. I have some 95 discs exported and the meter says:
Size: 101 MB (106 331 456 bytes).
Size on Disc: 2,38 GB (2 560 622 592 bytes)

5. Backgrounds. I am not using a lot of different backgrounds, but in export, in every discs folder i find the same file "background". Maybe it would be more efficient to use a default background if there is no chosen background. This could shorten export times as well.

6. Folders. I understood that if you choose "Folders" in configuration then you can't get genres or artists anymore. Is there no workaround?

7. For what reason in configuration there is a field for "tagger". I am using mp3tag from mp3tag.de. I entered this in the field, but i did not notice any change in the behaviour of DMM.

8. After export everything displays nicely on the Dune, but once i click a song to play, the screen changes to the same default Dune screen while playing a song (all black with song info). Then i dont understant why there is "Use all pics in folder for slideshow" option.

Sorry for such a long list. But i really liked the application. Otherwise i would not care so much
post #294 of 298 Unread 01-10-2016, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the nice words !

Let's look at the various points

1) Sorting
You can influence/change the artists sorting in various ways.
  • when you create a menu using the field in the configuration window
  • after creation when you look at the artist lists in the right pane. You'll find there a button A-Z in the toolbar. Click on it and a window appears allowing you to change the rules and also to edit individual artists sorting
  • when scraping images you can also ask DMM to look for artist sortnames in the online databases
  • in the Template options tab you can decide if the artists label should be shown as they are in the tags or according to the sortname. This way you can have Rolling Stones written as is and not as Stones, Rolling

2) Separators
This works for me. Do you mean that you have in the artists tag "A/B" and you get a single "A/B" artist ? I'll check. If you can, send me (albertocasale@yahoo.com) an audio file with such a tag and I'll test

3) genres icons
You can change genre icons in 2 ways
  • changing the default images in the folder MyMusic\genres. You need to name the files "genre-xxx" where xxx is the name of the genre
  • using Change Images and look for other images

4) Export folder
Sorry, I didn't understand your point here

5) Backgrounds
for an album, the file background is a composited image which combines the default or custom background with other "decoration" like, album title, artist names, Cover, etc. Unless you have no "decorations" for an album and just the list of songs, you need to have a different background.jpg file for each album

6) Folders
what you mention will be possible in 3.0

7) tagger
in the configuration window you need to use the select button on pick the mp3tag.exe program navigating in your PC folders. After that, when you select an album in the album list (right pane) you'll have a tagger button in the toolbar. Clicking the button opens the tagger program right on the album you selected. You can edit the tags and after do a rescan

8) playback
to have the Dune displaying the album cover while playing an album you need to make sure that the template you use has the options "Playlist with images" checked (in the options tab).
In addition, if you also have "Use all pics in folder for slideshow" selected in the configuration menu, you can have more picture in the album folder and the Dune will use them all while playing the songs.
To have more pictures in the album folder (the folder in your music library where you have the songs) you can either put them in there manually or use "Change Images", select an album, search for images, right click on the images you want and select "save to album folder"

When I'll find some time I'll definitely need to write a better user manual since I added many things in the recent times. DMM has a LOT of options !

Any additional questions let me know by posting here or sending me an email
Alberto
post #295 of 298 Unread 01-10-2016, 06:21 AM

Hi otreblaelasac,

Thank you for exhaustive answer.

1) Sorting.
I figured this out recently.
As well as some other nice features. I ought to read the manual more carefully

2) Separators.
It does not work for any file where i have separators (I even left only " / " in configuration).
I tried also to tag the "Album artist" only. But the result is the same. I attached a snapshot. You will see: Arturo Sandoval/Irakere, then Paco de Lucia/Al Di Meola, then Tony Bennet/K.D. Lang.

3) Genres.
I understood how to add more genres. But i was asking about those nice default pictures that you had. I cannot find anywhere this style of icons (with the record sticking out of an envelope).

4) I am not very much of an IT person, but it seems strange that all those small files (101 MB) take up so much space in the disc (2.38 GB)

7) tagger
found it.

8) Another problem that i've noticed recently: When playing an album on dune, it takes around 15 seconds after the button press until the song actually starts. Also the breaks between songs are unusually long.
But if i play from a native dune interface, then the song starts immediately.

9) How could i have the Export folder displayed on the Home screen of Dune?

10) I did not quite figure out how to use web app. Actually i did not find Dune Music Manager in Google Play.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-10.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1175346  
post #296 of 298 Unread 01-10-2016, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,

Separators
I tested it and it works for me. The only thing is that you cannot mix separators in a single tag. Please send me a sample file and I'll test

Export size
Don't quite understand what metrics you're referring to. Did you look at the size of the exported folder ? How many Albums/Artists/Songs/Genres do you eventually have in DMM ?

Start playback
Usually there is no difference in latency. Could you send me the dune_folder.txt which you can find in one of the exported folders below Albums ?

Export Folder in the Home Page
make the export folder a Dune favorite. Make the Dune launching this favorite at startup. Use the pop menu button of the remote control to show the various options

WebApp
there is no iOS or Android app. DMM exports all is needed directly into the export folder. You need however to install on the Dune the DMM WebApp plugin that you'll find here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkrbgwzp4...rBd3RzaIa?dl=0

To do so
  • put the zip on a disk reachable by the Dune
  • navigate there with the Dune File Browser
  • select the zip to install the plugin

You then need to make your exported DMM folder a Dune Favorite (Note: do not use spaces in the folder name). After that you can point any browser to
http://Dune_IP_Address//plugins/dmm/...e_of_your_menu

that's it

Alberto
post #297 of 298 Unread 01-10-2016, 03:55 PM

Requested info+files sent by email

as for the last point. I never power off my dune (it serves as a network drive). So "Start on Power On" is not an option for me.

But how can i get a shortcut to exported folder on the home screen of DUne, that is called Sources (in Dune Base 3.0)
post #298 of 298 Unread 01-12-2016, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all,

let me summarise few things after having discussed with Mindaugas that could be of help for others.

Separators
the separators work as expected when multiple artists are entered (with separators) in the Artist or Composer tags. However the Album Artist tag is assumed to be a single name (can be of course a name like Various Artists or equivalent) and it is not separated by DMM

Start playback
The problem appears when you're accessing from your PC (using DMM) an internal disk of the Dune. By default DMM assumes this is a network resource and proposes a dune path using SMB as a protocol.
If this is the case, you need to change the dune path to be either storage_name or storage_label.
If you don't know what to put, do the following
  • On the TV with your remote control, use the file browser and make the root folder of your music library a Dune Favorite.
  • then on the home page point to that favorite and use the info button to show the properties.
  • What you'll see is the dune_path you need to make sure DMM will use.
  • In the Menu configuration window make sure to have that as the dune path. You can edit it manually or use the [>>] button to enter the various pieces (storage_label or storage_name, etc.)
Hope this helps
Alberto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Netgear Ntv550
Gear in this thread