Thank you for such a wonderful piece of software!
I own Dune Base 3.0 for some 8 years now and i did not know things like that existed.
Please don't stop at version 3!
I just have few things to say/wish:
1. First of all, Sorting of artists. Whether you sort by first word or second word, you still get Pink Floyd listed under F as "Floyd, Pink". All other bands as well: "Mode, Depeche", "Corporation, Thievery", etc.
I understand it's not possible for the machine to distinguish whether it's a person or a band, but maybe it would be possible not to invert the names.
2. The separators for Artist names (/ or
do not seem to work. If i separate them, in the artist list i still get one artist: "Arturo Sandoval/Irakere"
3. Genres. in the second post of this thread there is a link to a collection of genres icons. But those icons are no match for the ones originally used in the application. Maybe someone knows where to get the extended collection of this style used in DMM?
4. Export folder size is somehow weird. I have some 95 discs exported and the meter says:
Size: 101 MB (106 331 456 bytes).
Size on Disc: 2,38 GB (2 560 622 592 bytes)
5. Backgrounds. I am not using a lot of different backgrounds, but in export, in every discs folder i find the same file "background". Maybe it would be more efficient to use a default background if there is no chosen background. This could shorten export times as well.
6. Folders. I understood that if you choose "Folders" in configuration then you can't get genres or artists anymore. Is there no workaround?
7. For what reason in configuration there is a field for "tagger". I am using mp3tag from mp3tag.de. I entered this in the field, but i did not notice any change in the behaviour of DMM.
8. After export everything displays nicely on the Dune, but once i click a song to play, the screen changes to the same default Dune screen while playing a song (all black with song info). Then i dont understant why there is "Use all pics in folder for slideshow" option.
Sorry for such a long list. But i really liked the application. Otherwise i would not care so much