Enjoy your music on a Dune with Dune Music Manager (DMM) - Page 11 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #301 of 309 Old 02-28-2016, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

This programs does not interfere or break my Dune yaDis, right?

I have spent a lot of time building the yaDis Movie and TV DB for the Dune.

But this program of yours sounds perfect for the "Music section" of all my Dune albums....

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 309 Old 02-29-2016, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
There shouldn't be any problem. Other users have Yadis and DMM working together

Alberto
Flash_Gordon likes this.
post #303 of 309 Old 02-29-2016, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by otreblaelasac View Post
There shouldn't be any problem. Other users have Yadis and DMM working together

Alberto
Excellent - Thank you.
post #304 of 309 Old 03-02-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Is there any reason to think this software would have a problem running on the new dune solo 4K coming out soon?
post #305 of 309 Old 03-03-2016, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

(Disclaimer: I'm only voicing some questions and frustrations, but please know that I'm grateful for anyone like otreblaelasac who writes software like this for the benefit of others...I'm a software engineer, and I know how difficult this stuff can be)

I tried DMM last night with my Dune Base 3.0, and didn't have a good experience at all. I eventually (sort of) got it to work.

1) Am I correct in saying that the point of DMM is to improve music library navigation? Because once I play a song, I'm presented with the normal vanilla Dune interface showing the track name on the screen (and nothing else). I would love if the Dune would show me how long the song has been playing, cover art, etc....DURING playback. That may not be possible, and I realize it may be outside of the scope of what DMM is trying to provide.

2) The DMM windows app is quite buggy. I would change settings in my menu definition, and I would do an export, and get a menu that was half of my old settings, and half of my new (as if things were being cached). I would delete the entire DMM app installation and re-install it (unzip it), and old settings would still be lingering.

3) For me (running Hanewin NFS server on Windows 8), when connecting to an NFS share, I have to put a ":" after the share name. The DMM app doesn't do this by default, and it took me FOREVER to track this down. Until I figured this out, I couldn't get any music to play at all.

What I'm really looking for is a better experience on the Dune during music PLAYBACK. I actually don't mind the default Dune navigation (scroll through a bunch of folders, pick a song). Are there any recommendations out there for this?

Thanks,

Chris

Theater 1: LG OLED55E6P 4K TV, Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu-ray player, Dune HD Solo 4K
Theater 2: Epson 5020UB (won on AVSForum!) on Elite Sable 16:9 100", Oppo BDP-83 / 93 (ISO firmware) / 103D (CFW), Dune Base 3.0 / Smart units, Darblet, Sony MDR-DS7500 Wireless Surround Headphones & Onkyo TX-SR707
post #306 of 309 Old 04-07-2016, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Fatherrom,

I think you simply lack a basic understanding of how this software works. It took me a couple of tries to get the basics down, but boy once I did DMM is as easy and intuitive to use as Zappiti. I have exchanged many emails with Otreblaelasac and he is both enthusiastic and responsive to legitimate concerns. I would encourage you to read the documentation thoroughly and then give DMM another shot.

Otreblaelasac is now working on a 3.0 release that will include play list creation which will pretty much make DMM the one stop shop for all things music on a Dune.
post #307 of 309 Old 04-08-2016, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzboray View Post
Fatherrom,

I think you simply lack a basic understanding of how this software works. It took me a couple of tries to get the basics down, but boy once I did DMM is as easy and intuitive to use as Zappiti. I have exchanged many emails with Otreblaelasac and he is both enthusiastic and responsive to legitimate concerns. I would encourage you to read the documentation thoroughly and then give DMM another shot.

Otreblaelasac is now working on a 3.0 release that will include play list creation which will pretty much make DMM the one stop shop for all things music on a Dune.
I'm a software engineer and have been using computers for 30 years. I understand what the software is doing.

I'm asking if there's a way to enhance the playback experience, which is much more important to me than the navigation experience. I have over 40,000 tracks so navigating by album or artist can be an arduous process. That's why I prefer alphabetical folder navigation, which the native dune interface does well already.

The Windows software you use to create the jukebox interface is super buggy. I tried to change the layout to something like 10 columns and 5 rows and the fonts and icons and everything that appeared on the dune was all messed up. I have been writing applications for years for work so trust me I know what I'm doing.

I'm glad others enjoy using this. But it doesn't fit my use case. I navigate folders and pick random tracks while a song is playing. Can't do that with the dune. I basically want a more elaborate playback experience, which I know this software isn't trying to do, which is fine. It's just not what I need.
post #308 of 309 Old 04-09-2016, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Browsing your collection while listening has always been a problem on the dune, but if you use a combination of DMM with Dune Media Controller (DMC). DMC is actually a different product and available on the AppStore. You can load them both up on your favorite tablet or phone and away you go. In combination these two product allow you to browse your collection by artist, title, date, or recently added while listening to your currently selected track. Just as an FYI you can also use DMC with Zappiti and do the same thing.
post #309 of 309 Old 08-11-2016, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherom View Post
I'm a software engineer and have been using computers for 30 years. I understand what the software is doing.

I'm asking if there's a way to enhance the playback experience, which is much more important to me than the navigation experience. I have over 40,000 tracks so navigating by album or artist can be an arduous process. That's why I prefer alphabetical folder navigation, which the native dune interface does well already.

The Windows software you use to create the jukebox interface is super buggy. I tried to change the layout to something like 10 columns and 5 rows and the fonts and icons and everything that appeared on the dune was all messed up. I have been writing applications for years for work so trust me I know what I'm doing.

I'm glad others enjoy using this. But it doesn't fit my use case. I navigate folders and pick random tracks while a song is playing. Can't do that with the dune. I basically want a more elaborate playback experience, which I know this software isn't trying to do, which is fine. It's just not what I need.
Hi there,

Sorry,longtime I haven't checked the forum. The playback experience you're looking for isn't possible with the dune on the tv with the remote control.

You can achieve it with either dmm+dmc using an android device to run dmc or dmm+dmm webapp using any browser on a pc,smartphone or tablet (no app to download in this case)

If you're still interested, drop me an email to albertocasale@yahoo.com
Cheers
Alberto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Netgear Ntv550
Gear in this thread