First, Sorry if this has already been covered, I've been trying to search through the forum for some help on this. I found a few threads about it, but there are over 140 pages, and most if it doesn't apply. So I figured I'd just ask the questions.
I currently have a Windows 7 HTPC setup in my theater. I'd like to have the same interface/setup on the tv upstairs.
I use a HD Homerun prime for the tv signal. I also use Media Browser (Which I love by the way!) to browse my movie collection and My Channel Logos for the TV Channel guide.
I was considering building an entire new PC for upstairs and just share the libraries. As I added up the cost, I found it to be around $400.
I've seen the Ceton Echo advertised that it can be setup as a media extender off the main HTPC for less than half of building a pc.
So here are my requirements or questions.
1. Must be able to view HD Homerun prime tv signal.
2. Must be able to DVR back to the main HTPC and be read by both devices.
3. Must be able to extend the Media browser interface.
4. Must be able to play mpg, avi, mkv etc movies.
5. Must be able to use the My Logo's channel Icons.
So my qeustion is, will the Ceton Echo do all that I want? or am I stuck with building a seperate HTPC and sharing drives?