Chromecast not recognized on laptop - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-09-2013, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've got a T420 Lenovo laptop running Windows 7 prof. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. The Chromecast is up and running fine on the tablet and my wi-fi network. But it won't work on the laptop after setup. The laptop is on the same wi-fi. I have checked that the software is up to date, I have the Chrome Browser extension. The Chromecast icon doesn't show up in YouTube, and in the Chrome browser, the icon is there, but shows No Cast Device Found when I click on it. I don't have a Netflix account. I have Avast antivirus running and just the Windows Firewall. I think I had both of them off unless there's some trick I'm missing, and that didn't remedy the situation. I tried the various reboots and restarts, etc, to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions? I've been reading your threads and you guys are a lot more techie than I am, but I'm willing to try things!

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-15-2013, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Have you tried re-installing chrome cast extension in the affected PC ?
Is extension enabled + verified in browser settings?
firewall permissions ?

The Soviet people feared the KGB was watching them through their TV's ........or listening to them through their radios, so they kept them turned off often when they wanted privacy .

Now the NSA/ DHS are in fact watching us with our computers cell phones surveillance cameras drones,satellites etc !
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page