Seagate central NAS 4tb - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-12-2013, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sukumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forthworth,Texas
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I ordered the following Seagate central NAS 4tb.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178320

However, I did not find in the online manual if it supports NFS or SMB. I plan to use with Dune Smart player. Is anybody using this Seagate central NAS with media players like Dune?
sukumar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 09-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
met64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar View Post

I ordered the following Seagate central NAS 4tb.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178320

However, I did not find in the online manual if it supports NFS or SMB. I plan to use with Dune Smart player. Is anybody using this Seagate central NAS with media players like Dune?

Hi, I just purchased the same item. So far, so good and I am using it with my PCH A400.
met64 is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 09-13-2013, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
sukumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forthworth,Texas
Posts: 1,132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by met64 View Post

Hi, I just purchased the same item. So far, so good and I am using it with my PCH A400.

Thanks for the reply. I called seagate few minutes back. They said it supports SMB out of the box but not NFS. I read that NFS is lot better than SMB. However, I can live with SMB. I also bought 2tb wd live that supports NFS. I thought of returning it, but thiking to keep it.

Are you using SMB to connect from PCH400? Looking at reviews for either Seagate or WD live NAS are scary. Hope they are worth for the price.
sukumar is offline  
post #4 of 4 Old 09-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
met64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 538
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukumar View Post

Thanks for the reply. I called seagate few minutes back. They said it supports SMB out of the box but not NFS. I read that NFS is lot better than SMB. However, I can live with SMB. I also bought 2tb wd live that supports NFS. I thought of returning it, but thiking to keep it.

Are you using SMB to connect from PCH400? Looking at reviews for either Seagate or WD live NAS are scary. Hope they are worth for the price.

Just noticed you are in Fort Worth- We are neighbors (kinda). I live in Denton County (Flower Mound). Anyway, I use SMB and have had no problems. To be honest, I had decided not to buy the Seagate Central based on the negative reviews but found the 4TB on ebay (locally) for a steal. Figured it was worth the risk- so far pleasantly surprised.
met64 is offline  
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off