Netgear R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 Router Review and Comments Thread - Page 25 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 742 Old 02-11-2015, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Was reading through this forum and gathering some info online about Netgear R7000 vs Asus RT-AC68U and still cannot make my mind which one to choose. In regards to smallbuilder.net website R7000 is faster on all network speed tests :
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wirel...-asus-rt-ac68u

But I heard Asus has a better support and better mobile app than Netgear. And overall Asus is more for multimedia and netgear for office type set-ups ?

Anyone can give advice which one to choose if my main purpose would be stream movies wirelessly to my tv ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 742 Old 02-11-2015, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by marka01 View Post
Was reading through this forum and gathering some info online about Netgear R7000 vs Asus RT-AC68U and still cannot make my mind which one to choose. In regards to smallbuilder.net website R7000 is faster on all network speed tests :
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wirel...-asus-rt-ac68u

But I heard Asus has a better support and better mobile app than Netgear. And overall Asus is more for multimedia and netgear for office type set-ups ?

Anyone can give advice which one to choose if my main purpose would be stream movies wirelessly to my tv ?
Both routers are going to do a good job for you. The R7000 has been around for a while now and is rock solid. Netgear is also planning enhancements for it in the near term to add features through firmware updates. They are planning on continuing development of the R7000 for the foreseeable future. It is not a static product.

The bigger question is what client are you using? Most are N based clients so the router difference here will mean which performs best in the N band. The SNB review is pretty extensive and does rank the R7000 as fastest. But again the differences will more be determined by your client device and environment.

I am sure you will be happy with either.

Bob Silver
Netgear Networking Advisor
post #723 of 742 Old 02-12-2015, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsilver View Post
Both routers are going to do a good job for you. The R7000 has been around for a while now and is rock solid. Netgear is also planning enhancements for it in the near term to add features through firmware updates. They are planning on continuing development of the R7000 for the foreseeable future. It is not a static product.

The bigger question is what client are you using? Most are N based clients so the router difference here will mean which performs best in the N band. The SNB review is pretty extensive and does rank the R7000 as fastest. But again the differences will more be determined by your client device and environment.

I am sure you will be happy with either.

Bob Silver
Thanks Bob. Well the biggest speed difference I've noticed was USB 2.0 - 3.0 tests. when you connect external HDD to router. When you enable in asus 'Reducing USB 3.0 interference setting' the speed is almost twice faster in R7000. As well R7000 processor is better (R7000 - Broadcom BCM4709A, Asus a68u - Broadcom BCM4708A).
In regards to a client band these days is not hard to upgrade your laptop to AC for ~20£ (30$) adding pci-xpress card to your laptop. I believe ASUS as well does pretty often firmware updates too and is not a static router as well ? Correct me if I'm wrong.
But what is most important for me is streaming abilities to stream HD movies from laptop to my Samsung smart TV. So I was wondering if there is any difference between those routers in this area ? As well I heard someone mention Netgear mobile app to control your router online does not work properly compated to Asus which works well ?
post #724 of 742 Old 02-12-2015, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks Bob. Well the biggest speed difference I've noticed was USB 2.0 - 3.0 tests. when you connect external HDD to router. When you enable in asus 'Reducing USB 3.0 interference setting' the speed is almost twice faster in R7000. As well R7000 processor is better (R7000 - Broadcom BCM4709A, Asus a68u - Broadcom BCM4708A).
In regards to a client band these days is not hard to upgrade your laptop to AC for ~20£ (30$) adding pci-xpress card to your laptop. I believe ASUS as well does pretty often firmware updates too and is not a static router as well ? Correct me if I'm wrong.
But what is most important for me is streaming abilities to stream HD movies from laptop to my Samsung smart TV. So I was wondering if there is any difference between those routers in this area ? As well I heard someone mention Netgear mobile app to control your router online does not work properly compated to Asus which works well ?
I can't speak to Asus as I don't have the experience with them as I do Netgear. The bottleneck in client upgrades happens to be the usb port. You need a usb 3.0 adapter and port to get a fast client update. Your need was streaming movies and such. Are you using a pc to do that? If so if you use an AC client with 864mbs (which is a 2 radio client (not 2 bands but 2 radio AC) and in a usb 3.0 port you will have great success. The other element to look at is range though. Be sure you get a good signal otherwise a low signal will reduce speed.

Smart TV's are not the best clients and most likely 802.11 N not AC. So in that case it doesn't matter. N speeds can vary from 150mbs to 450mbs (based on number of radios) AC speeds 450mbs to 1.7gbs (up to 4 radios in AC)

Don't get hung up on the specs as with wifi it comes down to real world performance. Many variables here such as walls. interference, placement etc. The R7000 does really well in the real world. That is evidenced by the many many comments on it. I would have no hesitation buying one.

Bob

Bob Silver
post #725 of 742 Old 02-12-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
I can't speak to Asus as I don't have the experience with them as I do Netgear. The bottleneck in client upgrades happens to be the usb port. You need a usb 3.0 adapter and port to get a fast client update. Your need was streaming movies and such. Are you using a pc to do that? If so if you use an AC client with 864mbs (which is a 2 radio client (not 2 bands but 2 radio AC) and in a usb 3.0 port you will have great success. The other element to look at is range though. Be sure you get a good signal otherwise a low signal will reduce speed.

Smart TV's are not the best clients and most likely 802.11 N not AC. So in that case it doesn't matter. N speeds can vary from 150mbs to 450mbs (based on number of radios) AC speeds 450mbs to 1.7gbs (up to 4 radios in AC)

Don't get hung up on the specs as with wifi it comes down to real world performance. Many variables here such as walls. interference, placement etc. The R7000 does really well in the real world. That is evidenced by the many many comments on it. I would have no hesitation buying one.

Bob

Bob Silver
I didn't quite get your comment on usb 3.0 bottle neck. Maybe you can explain a bit more about it? If I have WD USB 3.0 HDD and I plug it into r7000/asus router's USB 3.0 port how a bottle neck happens if both are USB 3.0 capable ?

I have never done DLNA streaming. But how I see it:
1) plug USB 3.0 HDD into router and download movies straight to HDD and your smartTV which is plugged into router by cable picks up HDD as DLNA device after you configure it in router settings.
2) you download movies to laptop and as you have laptop with ac adapter and TV connected with LAN cable the same router you can make media traffic stream into TV with a help of a router ? Am I missing something ? I'm not sure if there is any other way how to stream movies ? My TV is in the same room where laptop is and where all media stream will happen.
sorry to be a pest with my questions.
post #726 of 742 Old 02-13-2015, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
I didn't quite get your comment on usb 3.0 bottle neck. Maybe you can explain a bit more about it? If I have WD USB 3.0 HDD and I plug it into r7000/asus router's USB 3.0 port how a bottle neck happens if both are USB 3.0 capable ?

I have never done DLNA streaming. But how I see it:
1) plug USB 3.0 HDD into router and download movies straight to HDD and your smartTV which is plugged into router by cable picks up HDD as DLNA device after you configure it in router settings.
2) you download movies to laptop and as you have laptop with ac adapter and TV connected with LAN cable the same router you can make media traffic stream into TV with a help of a router ? Am I missing something ? I'm not sure if there is any other way how to stream movies ? My TV is in the same room where laptop is and where all media stream will happen.
sorry to be a pest with my questions.
What I mean by the USB 3.0 is this. If you try and add an AC adapter to a pc with USB 2.0 its maximum throughput is 480mbs. Buying a high speed AC client adapter that is say 1gbs wont ever achieve that because it exceeds what the usb port is capable of. I made this comment to you because in your first post you mentioned as I recall using a pc client and getting an adapter. Maybe I misunderstood. But it is something users need to be aware of as they look to upgrade existing pcs and laptops to the AC standard.

Now USB 3.0 is also really important for hard drives particularly when used for streaming. The drive throughput of usb 3.0 is significantly faster then usb 2.0.

Now on to dlna and your tv. You would attach the usb 3 drive to the router usb 3.0 port on the R7000 as example. You would copy your movies to a folder on that drive. Connecting your TV via a cat 5/6 cable would be best as TV's dont for the most part have AC wifi. So the cat cable with mitigate the network bottleneck.

On the router you turn on "Media Streaming" in the usb section of the R7000. That in essence turns on the DLNA server. DLNA is a base level media server technology. Your TV now connected to the network should see the media on the router/hard drive. Then you should be able to stream.

Your laptop can be used as a client to watch movies. You will need a client application to play them. Look at VLC or Kodi/XBMC as clients. There are many options using a pc as a clent.

I hope this helps. Net is if you get a R7000 and a usb 3.0 drive you can get started streaming.

Bob Silver
post #727 of 742 Old 02-16-2015, 02:17 AM

[QUOTE=bobsilver;31748313]What I mean by the USB 3.0 is this. If you try and add an AC adapter to a pc with USB 2.0 its maximum throughput is 480mbs. Buying a high speed AC client adapter that is say 1gbs wont ever achieve that because it exceeds what the usb port is capable of. I made this comment to you because in your first post you mentioned as I recall using a pc client and getting an adapter. Maybe I misunderstood. But it is something users need to be aware of as they look to upgrade existing pcs and laptops to the AC standard.

hi. well I was thinking about this mini pci-express bluetooth 4.0 adapter. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/802-11ac-B...item27f21bc06c do you know anything about it's internal speeds ?
post #728 of 742 Old 02-18-2015, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

[quote=marka01;31819905]
Quote:
What I mean by the USB 3.0 is this. If you try and add an AC adapter to a pc with USB 2.0 its maximum throughput is 480mbs. Buying a high speed AC client adapter that is say 1gbs wont ever achieve that because it exceeds what the usb port is capable of. I made this comment to you because in your first post you mentioned as I recall using a pc client and getting an adapter. Maybe I misunderstood. But it is something users need to be aware of as they look to upgrade existing pcs and laptops to the AC standard.

hi. well I was thinking about this mini pci-express bluetooth 4.0 adapter. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/802-11ac-B...item27f21bc06c do you know anything about it's internal speeds ?
Bluetooth is much slower then wifi. Plus you cant use bluetooth to connect to your network via a router. Why are you looking at this? Bluetooth is fine for accessories, media and connection from a mobile device to accessory or tether.

Bob Silver
Netgear Advisor
post #729 of 742 Old 02-18-2015, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Excellent Results and an Idea to Improve Speed

I purchased and installed an R7000 last November and then gave one of my sons an R7000 for Christmas. Both routers provided significant improvements in performance, mine is over AT&T DSL and my son's is on COX. The routers were very easy to setup and configure. In each case Wi-Fi range coverage improved with the new routers.

These latest model routers from Netgear, (and ASUS) using the Broadcom chip with two ARM processers, have incredible power. I see no reason why they will be a limiting factor in performance on a home network, or a reasonably sized office for a long time.

To improve your Internet performance:

DNS access speeds are a limiting factor in Internet performance. To improve your DNS performance I suggest downloading this software (free, from a top programmer who wrote SpinRite), which will test the speed of the DNS servers you use and 50 more. You can then select the fastest performers to put in the R7000.

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

In my case I found that the AT&T DNS servers that I received as a default from AT&T were much slower than other DNS servers. They were the slowest in my tests. Their response time was 50% longer than the fastest DNS servers, which has a huge effect on performance. Using faster DNS servers revolutionized the speed of my Internet access. My son found that the Cox DNS servers he was using were 15th in speed after the tests. Changing to faster DNS servers made a significant improvement in his Internet access as well.

The R7000 is fast. It provides DNS service just as fast as the DNS servers it is using for the actual service. This makes using the fastest servers even more important.
post #730 of 742 Old 02-18-2015, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyca View Post
I purchased and installed an R7000 last November and then gave one of my sons an R7000 for Christmas. Both routers provided significant improvements in performance, mine is over AT&T DSL and my son's is on COX. The routers were very easy to setup and configure. In each case Wi-Fi range coverage improved with the new routers.

These latest model routers from Netgear, (and ASUS) using the Broadcom chip with two ARM processers, have incredible power. I see no reason why they will be a limiting factor in performance on a home network, or a reasonably sized office for a long time.

To improve your Internet performance:

DNS access speeds are a limiting factor in Internet performance. To improve your DNS performance I suggest downloading this software (free, from a top programmer who wrote SpinRite), which will test the speed of the DNS servers you use and 50 more. You can then select the fastest performers to put in the R7000.

https://www.grc.com/dns/benchmark.htm

In my case I found that the AT&T DNS servers that I received as a default from AT&T were much slower than other DNS servers. They were the slowest in my tests. Their response time was 50% longer than the fastest DNS servers, which has a huge effect on performance. Using faster DNS servers revolutionized the speed of my Internet access. My son found that the Cox DNS servers he was using were 15th in speed after the tests. Changing to faster DNS servers made a significant improvement in his Internet access as well.

The R7000 is fast. It provides DNS service just as fast as the DNS servers it is using for the actual service. This makes using the fastest servers even more important.
Hey nice tool. Thanks for this. I have been using the Google DNS for a few years. Find it works well. A lot of times friends have trouble with the speeds and I will suggest they change the DNS server. Most times problem solved.

Thanks again.

Bob Silver
post #731 of 742 Old 02-18-2015, 04:38 PM

[quote=bobsilver;31898521]
Quote:

Bluetooth is much slower then wifi. Plus you cant use bluetooth to connect to your network via a router. Why are you looking at this? Bluetooth is fine for accessories, media and connection from a mobile device to accessory or tether.

Bob Silver
Netgear Advisor
I think what it says is that this mini pci-xpress wifi card has a bluetooth ability but it's not bluetooth it's an wifi ac adapter. Check this official intel link about Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth* : http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/u...bluetooth.html
it says : Delivers dramatically faster Wi-Fi speeds (up to 867 Mbps1). Seamless HD movie streaming and WiDi technology (if your laptop supports it) well mine does as I have 4gen Intel processor.
But I was wondering if anyone had real life experience with this adapter and what are real speeds and bottle necks to be concerned about ?
post #732 of 742 Old 02-19-2015, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

[quote=marka01;31910793]
Quote:

I think what it says is that this mini pci-xpress wifi card has a bluetooth ability but it's not bluetooth it's an wifi ac adapter. Check this official intel link about Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 Plus Bluetooth* : http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/u...bluetooth.html
it says : Delivers dramatically faster Wi-Fi speeds (up to 867 Mbps1). Seamless HD movie streaming and WiDi technology (if your laptop supports it) well mine does as I have 4gen Intel processor.
But I was wondering if anyone had real life experience with this adapter and what are real speeds and bottle necks to be concerned about ?
Well by looking at its specs it's a 2 radio AC adapters. In AC each radio in a band is capable of up to 433mbs. When you add 2 you get 866mbs (its actually a little higher then 433 that's why its rounded to 867).

If you have a good AC router like an R7000 you will get near the 867 speeds. I have a Macbook Air with a 2 radio AC client and sitting in the same room with my R7000 I see speeds from 750-860mbs. Range and speed are dependent. So when you place an internal card you may (or may not) see signal drop based on internal placement etc.

I would give it a try.

Bob
post #733 of 742 Old 03-15-2015, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi guys,

I've been battling a throttling issue with my r7000 ever since I got it a month ago, and I'm at my final straw almost. I cannot get any of my apple products, like the iPhone 6, to go anywhere above 29mbps over wifi (5ghz) no matter what.

I've tried factory reset, I have disabled and enabled QoS , I've flashed the latest firmware, I've renewed the wifi connection multiple times, I've tried it on 2.4ghz, etc, etc, etc, and the stupid thing will not work!

Here is my modem speed as tested from any PC/laptop:
http://i.imgur.com/GZAoOb7.png

Here is the same test on my iPhone 6 (same with iPad mini):
http://i.imgur.com/W7rtuEp.jpg

Here is what the wifi sweetspot reading says:
http://i.imgur.com/KsUSajV.png

I'm hoping any of you, including bob silver, can point me to something I may have not thought about before returning this router.
post #734 of 742 Old 03-15-2015, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
^^^

Are you sure you are connecting to the same server when using Speedtest.net?

Have you done a Factory Reset after updating Firmware?
(remember you must hold down the reset button for about ten seconds until the power light starts to blink.)

Are you saving and restoring settings? Don't do this. Write down the settings and reenter them after a firmware update.

What version of iOS are you running? Even if it is the latest, 8.2, you might want to turn off WiFi, reboot and turn WiFi back on before running your speed test.

Bob Holmes
Curmudgeon
post #735 of 742 Old 03-16-2015, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDHolmes View Post
Are you sure you are connecting to the same server when using Speedtest.net?
I've tried many servers, and have tried the same one over and over as well...same result

Quote:
Have you done a Factory Reset after updating Firmware?
(remember you must hold down the reset button for about ten seconds until the power light starts to blink.)
no, I have not done this... I will try tonite I suppose.

Quote:
What version of iOS are you running? Even if it is the latest, 8.2, you might want to turn off WiFi, reboot and turn WiFi back on before running your speed test.
I haven't quite dont this procedure, but I did turn off wifi, turned it back on, rebooted, etc.
I didn't turn off -> reboot -> turn back on yet, but will also try that.
post #736 of 742 Old 03-16-2015, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post
I've tried many servers, and have tried the same one over and over as well...same result

no, I have not done this... I will try tonite I suppose.

I haven't quite dont this procedure, but I did turn off wifi, turned it back on, rebooted, etc.
I didn't turn off -> reboot -> turn back on yet, but will also try that.

I want to echo the fact that you do not want to restore settings that may have been backed up. More then once this has created issues for me when I restore settings. Start clean.

Also there is new firmware for the R7000 that just released. This firmware adds new features and performance enhancements to the R7000. I will be posting momentarily on the updates. But in your case the firmware is not the cause of your issue.

Bob Silver
post #737 of 742 Old 03-16-2015, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Thanks for posting the update. Do you have the build number you can share. I currently have V1.0.4.18_1.1.52
post #738 of 742 Old 03-16-2015, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

New R7000 Firmware V1.0.4.18 adds new features and enhancements

Netgear released last week new firmware for the R7000 that will build on the Nighthawk performance and feature set. The Nighthawk product line is expected to be around for a while and Netgear plans to continue to enhance the products through new firmware that will add features, capabilities and performance enhancements. The R7000 was the first in line of these updates with the R8000 up next.

A big part of this firmware is a Genie that helps new users who have service provider combined modems and routers setup a new R7000 walking them though the configuration after the R7000 itself analyses the existing configuration. Many folks who have these setups run into big issues trying to configure the best setup. The new system handles all the heavy lifting. Rather cool actually. I have 2 friend buying R7000 for this very reason now.

For detailed info on this release here is a link to an internal Netgear presentation
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ppx8jqxqfv...22615.pdf?dl=0

New V1.0.4.18 Firmware Features and Enhancements

- Genie with remote access to provide you network management even when you are away from home

- Easy & automatic installation of the NETGEAR router with Internet provider gateway to upgrade your WiFi: New Installation wizard to make installation much easier

- Genie now supports:

o Chromecast as player in MyMedia

o Desktop genie now includes MyMedia and WiFi analytics

o Registration of router with Netgear

Bob Silver

Last edited by bobsilver; 03-16-2015 at 10:47 AM.
post #739 of 742 Old 03-16-2015, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytvstosee View Post
Thanks for posting the update. Do you have the build number you can share. I currently have V1.0.4.18_1.1.52
What I have I shared. Just use the auto update and you should get the latest. Haven't updated mine yet so not sure of the build.

Bob
post #740 of 742 Old 04-22-2015, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I wanted to thank Bob for all of the information. I was coming from an ASUS RT-AC66U running Merlin. On a whim, I decided to upgrade to an Airport Extreme. Within a few hours, I noticed a drop in the wireless signal. I initiated a return and tried an ASUS access point, which did little to nothing. That too was targeted for return.

I then started hours of research and settled on the ASUS RT-AC68U. I figured it being the natural successor to the AC-66U, it would be a good bet. Waiting for a good deal on the AC68U, I noticed a deal on the R7000. Being a Mac household, we've been using CrashPlan to backup to an NAS. That's proven difficult for my wife, so the idea of what is effectively a TimeMachine, was interesting.

I received my R7000 on Saturday. I immediately connected to my computer, upgraded the firmware and initiated a lease break from Verizon. The wireless range was quite good, but I became obsessed with reaching new levels. Unfortunately, my main router has always been placed in the basement, behind a metal door. I'm going to mount it in the stairwell, which will allow it to penetrate the sheetrock and provide excellent coverage in our main living area.

I made use of my AC66U as an access point for my second floor. Never one to pass up a good deal, I placed an order for a second R7000, which will also be used as an access point. The combination of the three will provide stellar wireless coverage throughout the house and I'm thinking, my outside as well.

The only issue thus far has been our TiVo mini not seeing the TiVo Roamio (host DVR). I've set them up with dedicated IPs and wired the Roamio directly to the R7000. The TiVo minis go through two switches.

So far, so good. I expect a few bumps, as with any major transition. Once dialed in, I'm expecting to take full advantage of my 75/75 plan from Verizon.
bobsilver likes this.
post #741 of 742 Old Today, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeinck View Post
I wanted to thank Bob for all of the information. I was coming from an ASUS RT-AC66U running Merlin. On a whim, I decided to upgrade to an Airport Extreme. Within a few hours, I noticed a drop in the wireless signal. I initiated a return and tried an ASUS access point, which did little to nothing. That too was targeted for return.

I then started hours of research and settled on the ASUS RT-AC68U. I figured it being the natural successor to the AC-66U, it would be a good bet. Waiting for a good deal on the AC68U, I noticed a deal on the R7000. Being a Mac household, we've been using CrashPlan to backup to an NAS. That's proven difficult for my wife, so the idea of what is effectively a TimeMachine, was interesting.

I received my R7000 on Saturday. I immediately connected to my computer, upgraded the firmware and initiated a lease break from Verizon. The wireless range was quite good, but I became obsessed with reaching new levels. Unfortunately, my main router has always been placed in the basement, behind a metal door. I'm going to mount it in the stairwell, which will allow it to penetrate the sheetrock and provide excellent coverage in our main living area.

I made use of my AC66U as an access point for my second floor. Never one to pass up a good deal, I placed an order for a second R7000, which will also be used as an access point. The combination of the three will provide stellar wireless coverage throughout the house and I'm thinking, my outside as well.

The only issue thus far has been our TiVo mini not seeing the TiVo Roamio (host DVR). I've set them up with dedicated IPs and wired the Roamio directly to the R7000. The TiVo minis go through two switches.

So far, so good. I expect a few bumps, as with any major transition. Once dialed in, I'm expecting to take full advantage of my 75/75 plan from Verizon.
Glad to hear that things are working out with the R7000's. Tivo's are known problems with their networking. Tivo wants users to use Moca for their connections. Unfortunately thats not practical for most. So it can be a challenge.

There is another new firmware coming for the R7000 that is being beta tested now that will add Cloud NAS features to the R7000. This is in line with Netgear's commitment to keep adding value to the Nighthawk line of products, In fact there is a roadmap of firmware enhancements for all the Nighthawk products over the next 12 months that will enhance the entire lineup.

Bob

Bob Silver
post #742 of 742 Old Today, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Any chance the DLNA Media server facility will work anytime soon? It's never worked properly, there's loads of posts around the net with folk complaining about it.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Netgear R7000 100pas Ac1900 Gig Router
Gear in this thread - R7000 by PriceGrabber.com