Netgear R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 Router Review and Comments Thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #841 of 843 Old 04-14-2016, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hoping I can get a bit of assistance. Just picked up the R7000 and it's great! But I can't seem to play music off it.

My setup is the router, an Android phone running Retune, PCs running iTunes, and an iPhone and macbook running iTunes.
My speakers are Pioneer A4 speakers, which have airplay capability. I was able to play the library off my PC and Android phone with Retune on my older Netgear WNR3500.

I couldn't get anything to work with the R7000 (current firmware) until I turned off QoS. Once I did that, I could easily play to the speakers from my PC using itunes and its locally stored music.
However, on the PC I cannot play the iTunes library on the USB stick I've plugged into the back of the router. When I try to play it from retune, I get Error (Code 400 I think). When I try from my PC, nothing happens. If I try to sort everything by artist or album, none of it works.

Is this a typical issue? Is there a quick fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 843 Old 04-14-2016, 11:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
For the heck of it got the "new" Netgear Genie app, use to be junk, and it lets you stream anything, except video.
post #843 of 843 Old 04-15-2016, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I now use this firmware. Version 3.1-132
Runs better than Kong DD-WRT which was annoying with its constant updating that would always break something and way better than the butt ugly stock Netgear firmware which is updated if lucky once a year.
I love the bandwidth meter of Advanced Tomato better than when I using Merlin firmware when I had the Asus router.

EarthLink Extreme powered by Time Warner Cable Brooklyn.
Netgear R7000 - Advanced Tomato 3.3-138 K26ARM USB AIO-64K.
Toshiba 39L2300U - Apple TV (4th Gen), Fire TV (2nd Gen), PS4 (1st Gen), TiVo Roamio OTA.
Cats are the best pets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Netgear R7000 100pas Ac1900 Gig Router
Gear in this thread