Can't get AirPlay to work on my Denon receiver, Help! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so my setup is a Windows laptop with the latest iTunes update, Denon 3313ci receiver and a Netgear WNDR4000 wireless router. I'm pretty decent with using wireless connectivity. I've already used WinAmp with an Airplay plugin, and it had no problem connecting to my Denon receiver. But when I go to iTunes and select the speaker output to my Denon receiver, it will try and connect and then it will just time out. I looked in my router settings and made sure wireless isolation was unchecked, and UPnP is on. I honestly think it's an issue with iTunes, maybe it doesn't like some setting in my router.

Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Could be some conflict with the winamp airplay plugin if it has something running in the background, you could try removing that.

Also try with airfoil which makes any app send it's audio over airplay, just see if that works.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-06-2013, 03:45 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I'd agree with Alx330 in that it's likely to be a problem with the installed AirPlay plugin for Winamp, interfering with 'approved' Apple software's ability to use AirPlay for streaming. If that is the case, it's possible that simply fully stopping the plugin may not work, so you may need to actually uninstall the plugin to sort the problem out.

You could also try another Airplay 'speaker', to check to see that it's not the Denon itself having a problem with 'proper' AirPlay from iTunes, if you have one. You could use the excellent Shairport4w AirPlay speaker emultator application on another Windows computer on the network to test if iTunes can play to that, for example.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-06-2013, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Make sure multicast is enabled in your wireless router.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-06-2013, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techphil View Post

Make sure multicast is enabled in your wireless router.
Router multicast setting should be ok, since the OP's got AirPlay streaming & working already. If multicast were a problem, then it's unlikely that even AirPlay speakers would be available to play to from iTunes, since Apple's Bonjour protocol requires multicast enabled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming