Can't fast forward or reverse movie files. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2013, 11:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got a Sharp LC60C6500U; my first "smart" TV. I got my wireless network all set up and it's playing the movie files from my PC great. The only problem is I'm limited to pause, play, and "skipping" which only forwards the video a minute or so each time I press it. When I do hit the FFWD or REV button it simply restarts the video from the beginning. So how do I make it so I can FFWD to a later part of the movie, say an hour in without having to "skip" a million times to get there? I know this is a very basic question that's been asked before, but when I search for information, the discussions are way over my head.

Pretend you're explaining this to a child...or maybe a monkey...or maybe a baby monkey...

Sorry for my newbie-ness and I appreciate anyone taking pity on me to help walk me through this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2013, 03:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
1. Try running the files through MKVmerge and mux a new copy of the video then see if those work.

2. Change your DLNA server, try Mezzmo first and if that doesnt work try TVMobili or Serviio after that.

It might be your DLNA server does not have an up to date Sharp TV profile which is what makes certain thing work like rewind/pause etc, DLNA can be messy sometimes so the server and client have to be on the same page so to speak.