Dune HD TV-303D USB Slave Non-Functional - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-06-2013, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi. I am having problems with the USB slave port on my Dune HD TV-303D media player (brand new). Namely, when I have my media player on standby (red indicator on) and I plug the USB 3.0 Standard A (into my laptop USB 2.0) to Standard B (into the media player USB 3.0) I cannot get my laptop to recognize the internal HDD installed in the media player. The odd thing is that it sometimes works. Maybe ~20% of the time when I restart my laptop and/or re-plug the USB A to B, I eventually get my laptop to recognize the internal HDD and be able to successfully read/write onto it. This process is annoying and I am hoping someone can give me a solution that allows my laptop to recognize the internal HDD 100% of the time.

Details Of My Setup

Laptop: MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) running OS X 10.8

Internal HDD: WD Blue 1 TB 2.5" Internal HDD (WD10JPVX) - New

Internal HDD Format: NTFS - Partition 1: System storage (2 GB); Partition 2: My Bluray rips (remaining GB)

Mac NTFS Writing Software: Tuxera NTFS version 2012.3.6

USB Plug: USB 3.0 A to B - Included with the Dune HD TV-303D

Dune HD TV-303D Firmware: 130515_2104_b6

Notes

- Irrespective of whether my laptop recognizes the internal HDD, I always hear the HDD begin to spin when I plug the USB 3.0 A to B

- My Dune HD TV-303D has no problems recognizing the internal HDD

- I have 0% success rate of my laptop recognizing the internal HDD when I plug the USB 3.0 A to B while the media player is on (blue indicator on)

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page