Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 10-15-2013, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I am having issue sending out LPCM 7.1 from my Dune HD Dou, firmware version 130515_2104_b6. My Audio settings are Digital audio output mode: PCM(decode), audio decoding mode: 7.1. HDMI audio: enabled. Bluray audio: Best quality. I am ony able to send out 5.1 LPCM, on known 7.1 Blurays set to DTS MD 7.1. Any assistance appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-15-2013, 08:57 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The Dune HD Max does not decode DTS-HD MA 7.1 - it's the one limitation it has in terms of audio decoding (it's also unclear whether it can decode DTS-HD MA 6.1). What I'm not sure is what it is actually doing - i.e. i'm not sure if it just drops the two rear channels or decodes the lossy DTS track. In any case, if you want 7.1 DTS-HD MA you need to output bitstream to an AVR that can do the decoding.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-15-2013, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Are there published specification wrong?

Here is a paste and copy from Dune website

"- HD audio support: pass-through (up to 7.1 channels) and decoding (up to 7.1 channels) of Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA audiotracks (Blu-ray, TS, MKV), pass-through (up to 7.1 channels) of multichannel LPCM audiotracks (Blu-ray, TS, MKV), decoding (up to 7.1 channels) of FLAC audiotracks (MKV, external)

and

"Extended support for Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio: output bitstream (up to 7.1 channels) or decode to LPCM (up to 7.1 channels) for maximum flexibility when connecting audio equipment, and for extended support of advanced playback features (such as Picture-in-Picture)."
post #4 of 10 Old 10-18-2013, 09:10 AM
EVT
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I don't know what to say other than I experienced the same limitation you did but it's been a couple of years since I tried it last.

I can't remember the movie but I experienced a bunch of drop outs when bitstreaming so I set the player to PCM and the drop outs went away, however the soundtrack was output as 5.1 rather than 7.1.
post #5 of 10 Old 10-18-2013, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Yes very frustrating, dune is claiming it works perfectly, however this is not the case, at least as far as what I am experiencing
post #6 of 10 Old 10-18-2013, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post

Yes very frustrating, dune is claiming it works perfectly, however this is not the case, at least as far as what I am experiencing

That's interesting you got it working with the stock firmware.....I couldn't get that to happen until I installed a patch......

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28070&page=6

after that, it worked fine for everything I've thrown @ it....I had an old NAD receiver that doesn't decode the HD bitstreams.....but I only have a 5.1 setup there so have never worried about the 7.1 factor. I remember reading that it decodes to 7.1 properly playing under BD-Lite but if you play a disc normally, it only does 5.1.
post #7 of 10 Old 10-19-2013, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

OK great we are getting somewhere let me try playing disc BD lite and see what happens
post #8 of 10 Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 AM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

OK great we are getting somewhere let me try playing disc BD lite and see what happens

Hi LJG ; the bottleneck here if it's anything like my oppo 83 is the processing power available for dtshdma7.1 which is more than other codecs . My 83 has a dts essentials decoder not the full dts hd version . Testing the decoding with Prometheus ma 7.1 the output is lpcm 5.1 . Later models got the full decoder . dolby truehd 7.1 is fine [why they've fudged the up to 7.1 line I suspect ;not that that's an excuse rolleyes.gif]

Bd lite is less processing without the full menus so chances are it will do the right thing playing the file smile.gif
post #9 of 10 Old 10-20-2013, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Special Member

Nope no luck even with bd lite
post #10 of 10 Old 10-20-2013, 11:14 PM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Nope no luck even with bd lite
No grunt in the processor frown.gif Hope it downmixes to 5.1lpcm properly so you dont lose any information . Their not as rigorous as dolby when they certify decoders with different oem's with a couple of permutations available iirc rolleyes.gif
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page