Need help with iso make by clownbd and tmt6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-26-2013, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been successfully using clownbd to make an iso from blu-rays for years. My purpose for using Clownbd is to remove the menus and extras, saving disk space. ( I also use anydvdhd to remove aacs key.) To play I use virtrual clone drive to mount and have no problem with powerdvd or vlc to play. I recently started getting 3d bds, and for those I dont use clownbd, I use anydvdhd to create the iso. I downloaded the free tmt6 to try as a player for the 3d iso, and it works fine. But when I try to play one of my older clownbd produced 2d iso, some work fine, but some dont. Those that don't work appear to begin okay, I get the tmt6 window change color and 'rotating clock' symbol, but after a couple of seconds the app just exits. If I take the same bd and make an iso by using anydvdhd, it does play. So it appears something that clownbd removes makes some bd discs not able to play with tmt6.
Are others still using clownbd, or is there something better to strip extras? And does anyone else have the tmt6/clownbd problem?
Thanks to all that respond.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-26-2013, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Since I don't need menus I'm using MakeMKV to rip the main movie with all the streams I need. The container is more efficient than ISO too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Things can only get better
post #3 of 3 Old 10-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Which movies are not working? I use clown and anydvd for my blu rays to strip extras as well but i don't watch anything 3d. Try Dvdfab media player for your 2d isos and see how you like it.

http://www.dvdfab.com/media-player.htm
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page