Roku not streaming Netflix correctly - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-07-2013, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Roku 3 and cannot get it to stream Netflix correctly. If I have it set to display type of 720p, it fairly quickly ramps up to the 3000 stream. However, if you set it to 1080p display, it starts at 235 and takes forever to get to 1050, which it then never gets any better.

I've also tried this on a Roku 2 with the same results. If I use my AppleTV 3, it almost immediately jumps to the 5800 stream.

I have plenty of bandwidth and all of the devices are plugged in to the same wired switch.

Anyone else seen this? It's rather frustrating as I prefer the Roku interface to the AppleTV.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-07-2013, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Are you using 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wifi?
post #3 of 4 Old 11-12-2013, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bai Shen View Post

I have a Roku 3 and cannot get it to stream Netflix correctly. If I have it set to display type of 720p, it fairly quickly ramps up to the 3000 stream. However, if you set it to 1080p display, it starts at 235 and takes forever to get to 1050, which it then never gets any better.

I've also tried this on a Roku 2 with the same results. If I use my AppleTV 3, it almost immediately jumps to the 5800 stream.

I have plenty of bandwidth and all of the devices are plugged in to the same wired switch.

Anyone else seen this? It's rather frustrating as I prefer the Roku interface to the AppleTV.

Thanks.

I just recently bought my first video streaming device, a Roku 1. How can I tell which stream I'm getting? If I knew how to check I'd gladly report what I'm getting. I do notice that Netflix starts out pretty fuzzy, then clears up after 10 secs or so (I'm using a 60" plasma).

post #4 of 4 Old 11-13-2013, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I found the Roku to be very inconsistent regarding quality with Netflix. Your measurements seem to confirm what I was seeing. Much as I liked the Roku, I had to return it and go back to the Chromecast.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Roku

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page