Streaming blu-ray backups to a Samsung UN32EH5300 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I may be in the wrong location but I figure I will start here. I currently have an Oppo BDP103, Synology DS413j and a wireless router that all reside in my living room. Both the BDP 103 and the DS413j are hard wired directly to my wireless router. The DS413j contains backups of all my blu-ray movies (avchd/bdmv/certificate folder structure) and I am able to watch my blu-ray backups on my TV in the living room. My question is, I just recently purchased a TV for my bedroom (Samsung UN32EH5300) which is a smart tv and I was wondering how I can go about playing those same blu-ray backups on the TV in the bedroom? Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Connect the TV to the same router. A hard-wired connection would be best, either ethernet or a power-line network interface. A WiFi connection probably will be OK if there isn't too much RFI. If you run a DLNA service on your Synology NAS, then, in principle, that should be all you need. The TV should see the DLNA server and let you browse through the available movies.

However....

1) The movie files (container formats, video formats and audio formats) have to be in formats that the TV's DLNA client recognizes. Check its manual for details.

2) They might be subject to Cinavia copy protection depending the movie and on the client software implementation in the TV.

Selden
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Samsung Un32eh5300 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Oppo Bdp 103d Universal 3d Blu Ray Player Darbee Edition , Synology Ds413j Diskstation
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page