*Official* KDLinks HD*** Streaming Media Player Thread - Page 10 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 624 Old 04-01-2014, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
that is absolutely correct it's a hardware issue and can not be corrected by software and anything with that realtek chip set will be just as slow ... But Kdlinks will be coming out with a unit that will correct the network speed issue and the ui will be improved because it will be an android platform it will have everything and more that the kdlinks hd-720 has iy will also come with a air mouse and keyboard with android it will be a open platform so it will be unlimited as to how you can use it

you can visit the actual unit to see It here http://www.amazon.com/KDLINKS-A200-Android-Media-Player/dp/B00J9080PY/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396410690&sr=1-19

Panasonic SC-htb770, kdlinks hd720, LG 60ln6400 led, netgear neotv max
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 624 Old 04-02-2014, 06:30 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesr1980 View Post

that is absolutely correct it's a hardware issue and can not be corrected by software and anything with that realtek chip set will be just as slow ... But Kdlinks will be coming out with a unit that will correct the network speed issue and the ui will be improved because it will be an android platform it will have everything and more that the kdlinks hd-720 has iy will also come with a air mouse and keyboard with android it will be a open platform so it will be unlimited as to how you can use it

you can visit the actual unit to see It here http://www.amazon.com/KDLINKS-A200-Android-Media-Player/dp/B00J9080PY/ref=sr_1_19?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396410690&sr=1-19

cool, so looks like that's available now? but I wonder what chipset it uses and whether it will be as compatible as the current one is with a variety of formats.

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 w/ Denon AVR-1612, Polk Audio RM6750 | BenQ W1070 Projector w/ Silver Ticket 120" Screen & Onkyo HT-S770 | Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 w/ Sony HTCT550W 3D Sound Bar | Sony SXRD KDS-R70XBR2 | Sony PS3 (Slim) | DIRECTV Genie HR44-500, C41s | Harmony 700
post #273 of 624 Old 04-02-2014, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 39
The Dune HD Max "claims" high network speeds and Full BD Menu support from ISO or Folder - but for $540 it better be at least gold plated. Not sure what chip set etc. it has in it.
post #274 of 624 Old 04-02-2014, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post

The Dune HD Max "claims" high network speeds and Full BD Menu support from ISO or Folder - but for $540 it better be at least gold plated. Not sure what chip set etc. it has in it.

Thanks. I was looking at dune-hd.com, and the HD max is listed as a discontinued product. Their new premium product appears to be the "HD Base 3D" and its specs are much better than the older "HD max". Yet, you are correct in that they list the "HD Max" at $540 and the "HD Base 3D" at $299.

If I am reading correctly, it appears the HD max has a built-in DVD/Bluray player, that could be the reason for it to cost more, though not that much more rolleyes.gif

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 w/ Denon AVR-1612, Polk Audio RM6750 | BenQ W1070 Projector w/ Silver Ticket 120" Screen & Onkyo HT-S770 | Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 w/ Sony HTCT550W 3D Sound Bar | Sony SXRD KDS-R70XBR2 | Sony PS3 (Slim) | DIRECTV Genie HR44-500, C41s | Harmony 700
post #275 of 624 Old 04-02-2014, 08:46 AM

I am also not sure about 3D support on that product. There was some talk about a Dune HD Max 3D model at one point, but I don't know if it ever got off the ground or not.

http://www.cir-engineering.com/bin/dune/Shipping%20Q1%202013-Dune%20HD%20Max%203D.pdf
post #276 of 624 Old 04-02-2014, 08:48 PM

Hey Bigcat from the brief converstion i had with the kdlinks developer which couldnt tell me much to the actual spec because it wont be completly ready until mid may

If it has everything the hd720 has and more with a andriod platform best beleave the unit will grow with you for a while which means to me money saved its 1.6 million free andriod apps to pick and choose from so unlike the A200 predecessor, Now netflix can be added i will beable to torrent files straight from the unit itselfs basically its my new computer... read my emails from unit and beable to actually view any attach document word, excel, etc... I could go on but i think i made a small point...

this is whats installed the the Hd720 now

Realtek '6' Series 2011-10 1186 750 10/100/1000 DTS, DD, DTSMA, TrueHD HDMI 1.4 + 3D support. Dual boot Android.

This is the only option i can see used as a chipset for a 3d capabable media player at the moment

HiSilicon Hi3716C V200ES1 - Aug 2013 - Dual-core A9 CPU. Single-core Mali-400 GPU. Built for media playback. 7.1 HD-Audio and 3D ISO.

If your looking for a player that has growth make sure its andriod or be stock waiting for frimware updates

post #277 of 624 Old 04-03-2014, 06:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am thinking of purchasing the HD720 so my kids can watch movies int he car. Does anyone know if it is possible to hook up the analog outputs and HDMI output so video and audio will be transmitted simultaneously? I have a set of headrest monitors that have analog inputs. I also have an HDMI to analog convert that works well.
post #278 of 624 Old 04-03-2014, 07:47 AM

this might be over kill for the car Kdlinks makes a compact version no drive but you can hook a flash drive and micro sd also with WiFi your able to use Netflix the dc to a.c. current that is converted will create surges and might burn your drive or unit out altogether but if I had to go with something for my car I would get the netgear neotv max great ui fast transfer speeds and continuous updates...

post #279 of 624 Old 04-03-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:

Hey Bigcat from the brief converstion i had with the kdlinks developer which couldnt tell me much to the actual spec because it wont be completly ready until mid may

If it has everything the hd720 has and more with a andriod platform best beleave the unit will grow with you for a while which means to me money saved its 1.6 million free andriod apps to pick and choose from so unlike the A200 predecessor, Now netflix can be added i will beable to torrent files straight from the unit itselfs basically its my new computer... read my emails from unit and beable to actually view any attach document word, excel, etc... I could go on but i think i made a small point...

this is whats installed the the Hd720 now
Realtek '6' Series 2011-10 1186 750 10/100/1000 DTS, DD, DTSMA, TrueHD HDMI 1.4 + 3D support. Dual boot Android.

This is the only option i can see used as a chipset for a 3d capabable media player at the moment
HiSilicon Hi3716C V200ES1 - Aug 2013 - Dual-core A9 CPU. Single-core Mali-400 GPU. Built for media playback. 7.1 HD-Audio and 3D ISO.

If your looking for a player that has growth make sure its andriod or be stock waiting for frimware updates

Cool. Looks like I'll just wait for this to come out.

post #280 of 624 Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts1977 View Post

i have the hd700 and lately it's been giving me a problem with my external hard drives.  a week ago, i plugged one into it and powered it on.  i left the room for two minutes and came back and the screen was black.  the display on the unit showed it was still on.  i shut it off and powered it back on and was able to watch whatever after no problem.  next time i plugged my external hd into my computer, i got a message saying something about the drive needing to be scanned for broken files.  i did the scan and fix and nothing was listed as corrupt afterwards.  i just trying playing off a different external hd and watching some boxing for a couple hours and all of a sudden it happened again.  same exact thing.  this time when i plugged into my pc with the external hd, i did get a corrupted file that was fixed.    however, it didn't say which file and only that it was put into a "Found" folder.   there was no found folder anywhere on the drive.   wtf is going on?  anyone else having issues with external usb powered hard drives and the hd700?  when it goes black, it actually makes a noise through my tv speakers that's similar to what i hear when it shuts off completely.  i'm afraid to plug in my external hd's now and possibly corrupt tb's worth of stuff.

I have the HD700 as well and when I asked about this issue this is the response Eric gave me.

Quote:

I think your issue is about this USB Device. Somehow during the hot swap in your PC,
something corrupted. You can run a quick test with a newly formatted usb flash drive, to isolate
the root cause.

To resolve the issue, please do it in this way:

1. Insert that USB device to your PC. It may ask you to do Scan and fix. Just Scan and Fix,
usually it would not find any error. 
2. Delete .part file and 4 other folders which are created by this media player.
3. Turn on player, wait for couple seconds then connect this HDD. Let it do the auto scan, don't
interrupt it. You can see status changing at the bottom left corner. Once it's done, please try it
again, check if that helps. If your HDD has a lot of files, this process may take a little time.

Please let me know how that works?

I have had to REPEATEDLY tell my pc to scan my hdd every single time I disconnect it from the HD700 because my computer keeps thinking that it is corrupted. When the scan finishes, I can access my files and I always force the pc to eject the hdd by the usb icon in the bottom right hand corner of my task manager for safe removal. I am also forced to REPEATEDLY delete the folders/files suggested in this email response therefore forcing my player to re-read/re-write these items to the hdd. So for my conclusion, it cannot be my computer that is the problem but the HD700 that is corrupting items on my hdd.

I have stopped the storage from within the player, turned off the player and waited for it to fully shut down/stop using the hdd, I have pulled the hdd from the player when it was done reading and on the home menu of the player. Nothing has worked. It constantly forces my pc to think there is something wrong with my hdd. There has to be some type of fix for this to stop the player from either writing those files and/or to simplify the library process or to stop eject the media from the player so that it can allow for disconnection. My brothers Micca doesn't do this to any of his hdd's or to mine, so it must be the player. Only thing I can think of at this point.

post #281 of 624 Old 04-04-2014, 04:48 AM

Not sure I agree it is overkill. Having WiFi, I can setup my Samsung Galaxy as a hot spot, the built in hard drive is ideal cause I don't have to worry about shuffling around flash drives or SD cards, and it is compact enough I can put it under a seat or on the back shelf of the car. The DC/AC converter I am looking at has surge protection built in and a lot for other people have setup hard drive docking bays in their cars without issues. So, my original question, can it output on all AV ports at the same time?
post #282 of 624 Old 04-04-2014, 05:30 AM

post #283 of 624 Old 04-04-2014, 09:12 AM

Ok.
Here is my issue after the firmware upgrade to 1.2.

It seems one of the 'FIX' was to stop the player from automatically playing the next file.
This auto play of the next video file was a great feature for me to play various video files in a loop. Also various music videos one after the other without having to hit 'play' after every song.

I tried to see in the setup if there was an option to turn the feature on/off. Could not find it.

If this has been removed without the option to turn off/ on, my usability of the player is doomed for my purpose.

Could someone tell me how to get the feature back short of reverting to the old firmware.

Thanks
post #284 of 624 Old 04-04-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoering View Post

@MisterWilson - please try using the eject function on your PC before removing the drive from the PC.
http://www.howtogeek.com/184640/ask-htg-windows-always-wants-to-scan-and-fix-my-usb-drive-should-i-let-it/

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post

I have the HD700 as well and when I asked about this issue this is the response Eric gave me.

I have had to REPEATEDLY tell my pc to scan my hdd every single time I disconnect it from the HD700 because my computer keeps thinking that it is corrupted. When the scan finishes, I can access my files and I always force the pc to eject the hdd by the usb icon in the bottom right hand corner of my task manager for safe removal. I am also forced to REPEATEDLY delete the folders/files suggested in this email response therefore forcing my player to re-read/re-write these items to the hdd. So for my conclusion, it cannot be my computer that is the problem but the HD700 that is corrupting items on my hdd.

I have stopped the storage from within the player, turned off the player and waited for it to fully shut down/stop using the hdd, I have pulled the hdd from the player when it was done reading and on the home menu of the player. Nothing has worked. It constantly forces my pc to think there is something wrong with my hdd. There has to be some type of fix for this to stop the player from either writing those files and/or to simplify the library process or to stop eject the media from the player so that it can allow for disconnection. My brothers Micca doesn't do this to any of his hdd's or to mine, so it must be the player. Only thing I can think of at this point.

I've done that and just in case I didn't word it properly, that's what I was referring to. The problem is, this is not working. After I do this, i can plug my hdd into ANY computer, laptop or even any of my friends media players and then when I plug it into my computer again, there is no issues at all. ONLY when I plug my hdd into the HD700 and later on try to plug it into my computer does it give me problems and force me to have to follow the steps again.

This still makes me believe that it is the players problem to be fixed and not the consumers. This is just my theory, but, I believe that there is something stopping the player from properly ejecting the media from itself. I've tested the "Stop Media" function within the menus and this does nothing in the form of properly ejecting. It still causes errors when the hdd is plugged into a computer.

post #285 of 624 Old 04-07-2014, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Soooooo, 2 new problems.

1. Popping. Played backup ISO rip of American Hustle. Bad popping throughout movie. Some were low, others were very loud. Like a static pop. Very bad. Hooked up the wdtv live smp to the same gear and it did not pop. Also playing on the pc it's being served from in PDVD & VLC and no popping.

2. Audio cutting out. Whenever I pause, RW, FF, or jump to a scene the audio cuts out and all I hear is this faint buzzing. I blamed it on my receiver. While this buzzing was going on I would power-cycle the receiver and the audio came back on. Used the wdtv live smp with that gear and it did not cut out.

Not sure if my kdlinks 720 is defective or if it's this new firmware. It could also be some of my equipment is not playing nice with the kdlinks. What is clear is that the kdlinks is no longer working for me.

Gonna retire this unit to the bedroom. At least I could use it as a poor man's NAS or something.
post #286 of 624 Old 04-07-2014, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

did someone say their pc is pulling 1000 watts? Highly unlikely. Did you check with a kill-o-watt meter? My pc, which I thought was a total hog on power is pulling about 150 watts on peak.
post #287 of 624 Old 04-07-2014, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 31
guys - i bought Kdlinks HD700. I own a WDTV Live hub and it has been good thru the years.

Lack of support for 3D ISO drove me towards HD700.

I miss iOS app for HD700 compared with WDTV.

Does anyone know if there is any app exists for this
post #288 of 624 Old 04-07-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay0222 View Post

Does anyone know if there is any app exists for this

The only thing that I can possible think of off the top of my head is the AirFun app. Not quite sure how that would co-inside with your phone/tablet. Haven't had the time to actually check it out and play with it. Just from a quick glance, I'm not sure of how much control over the device you would actually have.

I'm sure if there is something else, someone might chime in and explain.

post #289 of 624 Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post

The only thing that I can possible think of off the top of my head is the AirFun app. Not quite sure how that would co-inside with your phone/tablet. Haven't had the time to actually check it out and play with it. Just from a quick glance, I'm not sure of how much control over the device you would actually have.

I'm sure if there is something else, someone might chime in and explain.

Thanks MisterWilson. I have installed AirFun app on my iphone and I get a basic functionality of 'arrows' to navigate;

Something's better than nothing; but when you find another app which supports full functionality, pls let me know
post #290 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 07:00 PM

@johnBlanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post

Ff or skipping ahead chapters and my audio went out.

Exact thing happening to me. [FF'ing] Started a second movie just to replicate the issue = no sound.

This is aggravating.

EDIT: doing the audio switching button doesn't seem to fix

Will add... this FF thing's a VERY minor inconvenience. My friends at the Mede8er forums might
not believe me, but this 720 can run head-2-head with it
post #291 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Yup. I thought it was might old pio receiver. Its about 6 year old. Hdmi and dtshd and all that but perhaps something isnt meshing well with kdlinks. This wouldnt be a fault of the kdlinks. Maybe just a compatibility issue with certain gear.

I put the kdlinks on the upstairs system. This system uses a new yamaha v673 receiver. No audio cutting-out issues. But it did do the pops. If u dont need the hhd bay i would seriously rec the wdtv live smp. Its got some shortcomings but the community is awesome. Its got a lot of people as well as western digital backing it. All we have is eric with the kdlinks. And he is helpful but he is the end of the line.
post #292 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post

Soooooo, 2 new problems.

1. Popping. Played backup ISO rip of American Hustle. Bad popping throughout movie. Some were low, others were very loud. Like a static pop. Very bad. Hooked up the wdtv live smp to the same gear and it did not pop. Also playing on the pc it's being served from in PDVD & VLC and no popping.

2. Audio cutting out. Whenever I pause, RW, FF, or jump to a scene the audio cuts out and all I hear is this faint buzzing. I blamed it on my receiver. While this buzzing was going on I would power-cycle the receiver and the audio came back on. Used the wdtv live smp with that gear and it did not cut out.

Not sure if my kdlinks 720 is defective or if it's this new firmware. It could also be some of my equipment is not playing nice with the kdlinks. What is clear is that the kdlinks is no longer working for me.

Gonna retire this unit to the bedroom. At least I could use it as a poor man's NAS or something.

Did you upgrade to the 1.2 final firmware

post #293 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillycat View Post

@johnBlanker
Exact thing happening to me. [FF'ing] Started a second movie just to replicate the issue = no sound.

This is aggravating.

EDIT: doing the audio switching button doesn't seem to fix

Will add... this FF thing's a VERY minor inconvenience. My friends at the Mede8er forums might
not believe me, but this 720 can run head-2-head with it

post #294 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:

yeah
post #295 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mee too. Mine did the audio drop out before with the older fw too. I just wish this was more supported. You are sort of on your own. I dont really like that.
post #296 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 09:46 PM

A200 hhd media player replacement for hd720 media player

~~Specification Hardware

Updated: April 17, 2014 CPU: Rockchip RK3288 Quad Core Cortex-A17 Dual Channel 64bits DDR3 3D GPU Quad Mali-T7 series

-/+ OS: Android OS 4.3

Memory: 1GB DDR3

Flash: 4GB NAND

A/V Out HDMI Interface up to 1080p Composite Audio/Video

SPDIF Coaxial (Digital Audio) SPDIF Optical TOSLink (Digital Audio)

Other Ports USB 2.0 Host x 3 USB 3.0 x 1

Internal SATA (Support 2.5" & 3.5" SATA HDD Hot Swap)

Updated: April 17 2014 100M/1000M RMII/RGMII Ethernet interfaceRJ45 Ethernet Internal PCIE 802.11N Wifi

Storage: Supports 3.5" internal HDD up to 4TB, supports SD card up to 64GB USB Flash Drive

-/+ Video Format rm,rmvb,mpeg~~BDMV, BD-ISO, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, M2TS, MTS, FLV, AVI, DVD-ISO, VOB, M2P, MP4, MPG, DAT, ASF, TP TRP, SWF

-/+ 3D Video Side-by-side, Up and Down, Blue-ray 3D

-/+ Video Codec MPEG1/2/4,H.264/AVC,MVC,VC1,XVID,DiVX,Readvideo 8/9/10,VP6 VP8

Video System PAL/NTSC/720p/1080i 520Hz/1080i 60Hz/1080p 520Hz/1080p 60Hz

-/+ Audio Format DTS/DTS-HD MA, Dolby AC3/True-HD, LPCM, ADPCM, FLAC, APE, LC-AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, OGG, WAM, WAV

Picture Format JPEG,GIF,BMP,PNG

Subtitle Format SRT,SMI,SUB,SSA,IDX+SUB,PGS

File System NTFS,FAT32,EXT3,EXT2

UI Language English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Polish, Dutch, Italian, French, German

-/+ Support:

AirPlay and DLNA

HiControl, HiShare

DTS,Dollby Digital Plus,

TUREHD 7.1 passthrough

2D/3D Games 3D Blue-ray

Google browser.HTML5

Thunderbolt download remote

~~What's Included: - A200 Player - ir Remote -~~What's Included: - A200 Player - IR Remote -Air Mouse keyboard  110-240V AC Adapter - HDMI Cable - User Manual

(-/+) this means that its not totally complete there could be some addition or subtractions to each field..

this is not a official release of the specification's to the A200 the official specification will not be release until late April early May

(Confrimed update: april 17 2014 the unit will have a chipset that will be better then what I have listed here infact better then the latest chipset rockchip 3188 furthermore a chipset that exceeds the latest chipset and current for this year now I wasn't given the actual name of the chipset and he compared it to being better then the rockchip 3188 and haven't been used yet, so I contact rockchip to see if they had chip that was released but unused here is the link to it for review beyond there website) http://rk3288.com/

Looks to me will be excellent I have posted some additional add on that you can buy for this future player

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-android/

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Webcam-Business-Product-90-degree/dp/B00CRJWW2G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1397017851&sr=1-1&keywords=Logitech+Webcam+C930e

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mlc.webcam

post #297 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 09:58 PM

I did not have those same issues until I did a firmware update my player was ok, so maybe tomorrow I will try to downgrade my firmware back to beta 1.2 I don't need the karaoke app and the autoplay was fine with me I only updated hoping for a ui change   

post #298 of 624 Old 04-08-2014, 10:33 PM

I didn't have those issue @ all with the older firmware but I only had my player since October but another thing is I have a 1tb drive and I have 67gb left,  I had also thought maybe it had something to do with my drive it is WD basic model since it has gotten 90% full I have notice a lag it reminded me of my sd card on my Samsung phone I had a class 4 sd card I had issues with very slow transfers lagging during searches thru sd storage once I upgraded to a class 10 memory card everything became much more of a smoother process.. well for right now I don't have the issues often but once I stop the movies then resume replay everything is back to normal for me So unless I find a better unit then the A200 ill keep dealing with what I got... I don't think eric will put to much more focus on the hd720

If the A200 player does not meet the standards im looking for the only other unit I been able to find that comes close to it is this one

http://himedia.en.alibaba.com/product/1517192384-218720949/Arm_Cortex_A9_Android_4_2_HDD_drawer_google_Internet_TV_box.html

post #299 of 624 Old 04-09-2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:

A200 hhd media player replacement for hd720 media player

~~Specification Hardware
CPU: HUAWEI HiSilicon ARM Cortex A9 1.6G Dual Core
GPU: Mali-400
-/+ OS: Android OS 4.2
Memory: 1GB DDR3
Flash: 4GB NAND
A/V Out HDMI Interface up to 1080p Composite Audio/Video
SPDIF Coaxial (Digital Audio) SPDIF Optical TOSLink (Digital Audio)
Other Ports USB 2.0 Host x 3 USB 3.0 x 1
Internal SATA (Support 2.5" & 3.5" SATA HDD Hot Swap)
10/100M RJ45 Ethernet Internal PCIE 802.11N Wifi
Storage: Supports 3.5" internal HDD up to 4TB, supports SD card up to 64GB USB Flash Drive
-/+ Video Format rm,rmvb,mpeg~~BDMV, BD-ISO, MKV, MOV, WMV, TS, M2TS, MTS, FLV, AVI, DVD-ISO, VOB, M2P, MP4, MPG, DAT, ASF, TP TRP, SWF
-/+ 3D Video Side-by-side, Up and Down, Blue-ray 3D
-/+ Video Codec MPEG1/2/4,H.264/AVC,MVC,VC1,XVID,DiVX,Readvideo 8/9/10,VP6
Video System PAL/NTSC/720p/1080i 520Hz/1080i 60Hz/1080p 520Hz/1080p 60Hz
-/+ Audio Format DTS/DTS-HD MA, Dolby AC3/True-HD, LPCM, ADPCM, FLAC, APE, LC-AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, OGG, WAM, WAV
Picture Format JPEG,GIF,BMP,PNG
Subtitle Format SRT,SMI,SUB,SSA,IDX+SUB,PGS
File System NTFS,FAT32,EXT3,EXT2
UI Language English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Polish, Dutch, Italian, French, German
-/+ Support:
AirPlay and DLNA
HiControl, HiShare
DTS,Dollby Digital Plus,
TUREHD 7.1 passthrough
2D/3D Games 3D Blue-ray
Google browser.HTML5
Thunderbolt download remote

~~What's Included: - A200 Player - ir Remote -~~What's Included: - A200 Player - IR Remote -Air Mouse keyboard  110-240V AC Adapter - HDMI Cable - User Manual

(-/+) this means that its not totally complete there could be some addition or subtractions to each field..
this is not a official release of the specification's to the A200 the official specification will not be release until late April early May

Looks to me will be excellent I have posted some additional add on that you can buy for this future player
http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-android/
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Webcam-Business-Product-90-degree/dp/B00CRJWW2G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1397017851&sr=1-1&keywords=Logitech+Webcam+C930e
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mlc.webcam

so no gigabit ethernet frown.gif

post #300 of 624 Old 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

These devices are the furthest thing from "set and forget". There will always be issues, tweaks, random problems you will need support for. IMO, it's a good idea to buy a unit that has been around for a while, is still being supported by the manufacturer, and by a commonly-known manufacturer. I know I keep mentioning the wdtv but I will just use that as an example. The AVS forum wdtv thread is HUGE with tons of very helpful members. The WD forum website is even bigger, and has people who develop themes for the thing. Then there is also the WD support if those two forums can't help you. I would look for a player with those kinds of resources.

just my 2¢
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Kdlinks Hd720 Extreme Full Hd 1080p 3d Media Player With Internal Hdd Bay Gigabit Network Built In W
Gear in this thread - Hd720 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page