Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 411 Old 07-21-2014, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post
What is your display device? I'm very disappointed with KDLinks support. I reported this issue many months ago and it was never fixed when I tried in more recent firmware updates. I reported many other problems as well and don't think any of them have been fixed, none of them ever mentioned in firmware "release notes" (I put that in quotes because the release notes are a few words with etc thrown on end, stupid, but nothing I reported ever mentioned in any firmware update release notes). I was told by support that this product would be evolving with a lot of changes but never happened, very frustrating.
I have a Pioneer Elite Plasma.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 411 Old 07-25-2014, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,
I have bought a Kdlinks HD720 recently and I have tried 3 different external HD models on the USB port:

1 WD My Passport 2TB Portable External USB 3.0
2 Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0
3 Seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0

The first one was OK and could watch all the movies perfectly.
The other two (Seagate models) had serious stuttering problems. All the movies, no exception. It happened with small files (3-8 Gbs) and big files (20-30 Gbs). It also happened with mkv files and m2ts files. I also tried all the USB ports in the media player.
Can anyone help me? Any ideas?
I have upgraded the firmware to v1.4 but the problem persists.
Is it something related to the HD format? Because I think it is no coincidence that happened with the same HD manufacturer.
Thanks in advance !

Last edited by wjlussier; 07-25-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Spell mistakes
post #393 of 411 Old 07-25-2014, 12:17 PM

Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjlussier View Post
Hi everyone,
I have bought a Kdlinks HD720 recently and I have tried 3 different external HD models on the USB port:

1 WD My Passport 2TB Portable External USB 3.0
2 Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0
3 Seagate Backup Plus 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0

The first one was OK and could watch all the movies perfectly.
The other two (Seagate models) had serious stuttering problems. All the movies, no exception. It happened with small files (3-8 Gbs) and big files (20-30 Gbs). It also happened with mkv files and m2ts files. I also tried all the USB ports in the media player.
Can anyone help me? Any ideas?
I have upgraded the firmware to v1.4 but the problem persists.
Is it something related to the HD format? Because I think it is no coincidence that happened with the same HD manufacturer.
Thanks in advance !
I don't know what cables come with seagate usb drives but I have a WD my passport 1tb and a WD my passport ultra 2tb and if you use anything longer than a 2 foot usb 3.0 cable "I've tried 6 different brand cables" they give problems either connected to pc, laptop , xbox one or tv. It's either use a short cable or else use a usb 2.0 cable... even tried an active extension cable and even when plugging in the dc adapter to give extra power to the usb cable they still problems as well.. it's either use a really short cable or a usb 2.0 cable :-\ but with the short cables they work 100% reliable

kinda gets aggravating when you need to plug in the drive to tv's usb ports which are always either on top of the tv or on the side the dang 1.3 foot cables are not long enough to reach the shelf the tv is on so you end up needing something to put the drive on so it's not hanging in mid-air
post #394 of 411 Old 07-28-2014, 03:04 PM

won't recognize a hard drive.... my pc will recog the drive and then lets me copy files back and forth working like an external enclosure but the stupid a200 won't recognize the drive. if you try to format the drive through the a200 it just says unformatted hdd not found... I've tried a 2tb WD Black sata 3 and a 1tb WD Blue sata 3 drive still can't get the a200 to find or use files off the hdd
post #395 of 411 Old 07-29-2014, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Howdy all!

Just bought an HD720 a couple of months ago and I must say I'm VERY pleased with this device. It doesn't have all the "bling" in the menus and structure that other units have and the wireless is weak as hell, BUT!, with that being said, it plays EVERY FORMAT in my collection and with the drive installed in the unit, gives me absolutely no grief! I read a lot from folks who complain about this unit or that unit or this or that feature. Honestly? This is the FIRST unit of many I've bought so far that has played EVERYTHING I own without fail. My collection is 10 years in the making with over a thousand titles in Divx 3, 4, 5, and Pro alone and my BD rip count is now up to 400 not including all the youtube flash leeches, etc. Thankfully, these guys concentrated on what was the most important feature first. Format compatibility and "playability"! Hopefully, they'll get the wifi issues under control with subsequent models. I have been looking for 2 years for a device that lived up to it's claims of format compatibility, but every one I've used has come up short. I can't throw around $2-300 dollars on bull**** that doesn't live up to the manufacturers hype or is selective on what it wants to deal with. I could care less about pretty menus and nifty bells and whistles when the damn thing won't play the most basic (and older) formats.

KDLinks keep it up!! I'll be back for more!

Fish

P.S.
Your inline subtitle menu and download feature is THE BOMB!!!!! And it recognizes SRTs!!!! My deaf sis-in-law thanks you!
P.P.S. I'm still using the initial v1.1 firmware...

Last edited by Fishman1; 07-29-2014 at 11:37 AM.
post #396 of 411 Old 07-29-2014, 12:22 PM

I must have just got a lemon unit. mine refuses to detect it has a hard drive in it. and the air mouse controller even if you lay it flat on a table pointing directly at the unit on the same level the mouse hurries and jumps to the top left of the screen.. I'll just send it back to amazon for refund and either order another one or just get a mede8er 800x3d and give up on the android features.
post #397 of 411 Old 07-29-2014, 10:28 PM

I've played around with the unit all day and still won't work with any of the internal drives I tried along with a 500gb sata 2 seagate drive I found in my drawer from an older pc build. But so far external drives will work fine. I've played about 34 different files from shows , movies , rips , torrent grabbed movies all with no problems So I'm guessing I have a unit with a bad hard drive bay.

External drives I've tried that work "all usb 3.0" Seagate My backup plus slim series 2tb. , WD my passport 1tb , wd 2tb my passport ultra , muskin 64gb usb 3.0 thumb drive, patriot X series 32gb. have not run into a file I cannot play yet but still would like to return the item for one with a working drive bay and and motion controller remote that doesn't have a mind of it's own. 've also tried formatting all the sata drives with ntfs , exfat and unformatting the drives to raw with no partition and still won't recognize them :-\
Fishman1 likes this.
post #398 of 411 Old 07-30-2014, 03:06 PM

Most definitely a defective drive bay or supporting electronics (controller). Have you looked into the bay to see if it is "obstructed" (not completely seating) or if the receiving connectors are out of position? Either way return it! You've done all you can.
post #399 of 411 Old 07-30-2014, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman1 View Post
Most definitely a defective drive bay or supporting electronics (controller). Have you looked into the bay to see if it is "obstructed" (not completely seating) or if the receiving connectors are out of position? Either way return it! You've done all you can.

yup tried everything and it fully seats all the 3 drives and my pcs and network will recognize the drives inside the kdlinks so it lets me send or receive files from the drives when they are installed in the a200 just like any other external drive enclosure so the bay works but the controller inside the a200 isn't detecting a drive.. Sent it back to amazon for refund "they didn' offer a replacement option for the return" and will either buy another or just go mede8er.... but I kinda liked the kdlinks it worked with every file I threw at it it just has a bad drive controller and a bad remote "jumps up and left on the screen like it had a mind of it' own"

sent 4 emails so far to "Care@kdlinks.com" never heard back... they sent my an message through amazon telling me to contact them as they want to make things right and make me a happy customer but they don't reply to emails so it's a ~~~~ kinda situation.
post #400 of 411 Old 08-06-2014, 08:35 AM

Liked: 0
Hi,

Can you tell me how configure the user for NFS network? I can view shared folder but then when try to go in, its show me FAILED and I cant do anymore..

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
post #401 of 411 Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ALL, How are You??

I've read your posts about "WD TV Live Plus HD" related to handle main movie BR rips with seamless branching (.ISO BluRay or BDMV structure)

I don't want to remux the discs...Have you solved it without using tsMuxer or similar?
I mean, according to the new official firmware -year 2013- (1.06.42_B), WD TV Live Plus uses the .MPLS files from the BluRay disc or what?
How WD TV Live works to handle seamless branching issues?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #402 of 411 Old 08-07-2014, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Hello. I have an older Micca Player without WiFi and am looking to upgrade to one that does. Do the kdLinks 700 or 720 have Cinavia protection (my search on this thread indicated they might)? If so, what current media players don't? Thanks
post #403 of 411 Old 08-08-2014, 11:30 AM

Liked: 15
Neither - your good with either one.
post #404 of 411 Old 08-08-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks for the quick response...now to decide if I want the internal HDD bay or not. I also assume that these only work on 2.4 GHz?
post #405 of 411 Old 08-08-2014, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
im not sure if this will help you but its listed as usb1 instead of hdd why I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernsorrow View Post
won't recognize a hard drive.... my pc will recog the drive and then lets me copy files back and forth working like an external enclosure but the stupid a200 won't recognize the drive. if you try to format the drive through the a200 it just says unformatted hdd not found... I've tried a 2tb WD Black sata 3 and a 1tb WD Blue sata 3 drive still can't get the a200 to find or use files off the hdd

Panasonic SC-htb770, kdlinks hd720, LG 60ln6400 led, netgear neotv max
post #406 of 411 Old 08-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
until the new firmware is listed here are the cons for the a200

1.. hard drive bay is listed as usb1 for the internal bay
2. folder can only be viwed in listed order rather the group so no photos unless I missed the function for this
3 for center control for your mouse the box should be placed almost center with tv but with some use not a big deal
4. in order to use the mouse it has a dedicated usb which mean your down to one available usb slot was under the impression it was built in with the unit... so now you have two remote although the mouse can handle everything the orginal can and more
5. no option for the Linux version from the 720

for those who complain about the apps there will be more options on the table soon if there an app the you would like to see work with the unit send the developer an email with the unit spec and eric_liubo@yahoo.com email address and he will help that developer with his needs

been very busy with work will list any more as I come to it

most of these issue will be address and fixed in the first firmware update...

Panasonic SC-htb770, kdlinks hd720, LG 60ln6400 led, netgear neotv max
post #407 of 411 Old 08-09-2014, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombai View Post
Hi,

Can you tell me how configure the user for NFS network? I can view shared folder but then when try to go in, its show me FAILED and I cant do anymore..

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
Anyone had this problem through NFS?
post #408 of 411 Old 08-18-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeynavy1 View Post
Hello. I have an older Micca Player without WiFi and am looking to upgrade to one that does. Do the kdLinks 700 or 720 have Cinavia protection (my search on this thread indicated they might)? If so, what current media players don't? Thanks
Go with the HD720 and USE the internal drive bay. Only stream from the PC or network if you have a hard line connection. The wifi sucks and stutters on anything it plays and constantly drops the connection which then requires a reboot most times to re-acquire. Admittedly, I'm still using firmware 1.1, but no update is going to fix an "iffy" chipset and weak radio. I use a Netgear Dual 600 N-type wireless that's 20 feet away and it works great on everything I own except this. It does great for youtube streaming and lower bitrate, but BD rips of 2 gigs (not sure of bitrates) or so won't stream smoothly at all. Be ready for a hard network connection or use the internal bay. All that being said, THIS THING IS THE BOMB!! I love it over everything else I've had. Klunky menus, weak wifi, and all.
Why?
Cuz it plays everything I own!

Last edited by Fishman1; 08-23-2014 at 08:27 AM.
post #409 of 411 Old 08-18-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombai View Post
Anyone had this problem through NFS?
Check your sharing security permissions. When serving from the PC, I could not make any changes to the drive from the unit other than "read/execute". I assumed this was normal, but due to the crappy radio in the 720, I put the drive into the unit and "no worries" since. It does great for youtube streaming and lower bitrate, but BD rips of 2 gigs (not sure of bitrates) or so won't stream smoothly at all.
post #410 of 411 Old 08-19-2014, 03:07 PM

A200 Help

Hey all I recently picked up an A200 and I am having some issues. I previously and still have the HD700 and maybe that's why I am having the learning issues. I moved my 3TB ext usb drive contacting 200+ iso dvd movies from that HD700 to this new A200.

1. On the HD700 I was able to set the USB drive so that other devices on my network could see it. I was able to play from it to my laptop, phone, & tablet using XBMC. I can't seem to figure out how to network the usb drive with the new A200. Is it possible?

2. If using XBMC on the A200 I get the movie scrapes just fine but if I use the built in media player I just just the generic icon. All movies are named like this (Abduction.iso or A_TEAM.ISO) any help there.

3. I have a couple movies that played fine on the HD700 as well as thru the network from the HD700 to my other devices using XBMC but will not play on the A200. They will get thru the previews but the media player will crash when the main feature starts.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give!!!

Shawn

Last edited by starbiker99; 08-19-2014 at 03:58 PM.
post #411 of 411 Old 08-23-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman1 View Post
Go with the HD720 and USE the internal drive bay. Only stream from the PC or network if you have a hard line connection. The wifi sucks and stutters on anything it plays and constantly drops the connection which then requires a reboot most times to re-acquire. Admittedly, I'm still using firmware 1.1, but no update is going to fix an "iffy" chipset and weak radio. I use a Netgear Dual 600 N-type wireless that's 20 feet away and it works great on everything I own except this. It does great for youtube streaming and lower bitrate, but BD rips of 2 gigs (not sure of bitrates) or so won't stream smoothly at all. Be ready for a hard network connection or use the internal bay. All that being said, THIS THING IS THE BOMB!! I love it over everything else I've had. Klunky menus, weak wifi, and all.
Why?
Cuz it plays everything I own!
Thanks. That helps. Does the Wifi see both 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands? If not, could that be the problem? What size hard drives are you using internally (or externally)? I've read on here, and their site, that it looks like it supports up to 4TB drives. I wonder if anyone has bought (yet) or tried a 6TB drive?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Kdlinks Hd720 Extreme Full Hd 1080p 3d Media Player With Internal Hdd Bay Gigabit Network Built In W
Gear in this thread - Hd720 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page