*Official* KDLinks HD*** Streaming Media Player Thread - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 435 Old 09-11-2014, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got AirPlay working but it does not support Mirroring so can't display photos. Did get upnp working which is really nice. I downloaded VLC Player to my ipad and was able to connect to XBMC, select a movie and play it. Only issue I had is I have so many movies, that it struggles to list them (is better with filtering, like by genre, year or actor).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 435 Old 09-13-2014, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDMI Output issues

I am having some issues with the HD-720 HDMI. I switch my home theater HDMI to the HD-702, start some file transfers, then switch my home theater system back to another source. After an hour or more, when I expect the file transfers have completed, I switch the home theater system back th the HD-720 and after a short wiat, I receive an error that the soruce cannot be found.

I press the home button on the HD720 remote several times, and switch the home theater back and forther between sources, and suddenly the HD720 is back.

I know this sounds confusing but it almost appears the HD720, if left unconnected to a HDMI
device, disconnects the HDMI output entirely.

This has gone as far as sometimes I have to power cycle the HD720 just to get my display back. This is concerning because the file transfers I mentioned are being done via the USB port and an external hard drive. I am concerned about the external hard drive becoming corrupted.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is causing this behavior?

I don't see what I am doing any different than switching (via the home theater) between my PlayStation, DIRECTV, or any other source. only the HD720 seems to not switch back correctly after a period of time.

Hope this is not to confusing, and I would appreciate any suggestion.

Ken
post #423 of 435 Old 09-13-2014, 02:50 PM

Liked: 10
I am having some audio problems. Whenever I leave the HDMI audio output on RAW, it will only play DTS or Dolby Digital streams. It will also play FLAC files. Anything mpeg or MP3 will not play. It also wouldnt play any HD audio streams. I have to switch to auto which then switches to Multi-Channel LCPM which I would rather have my receiver decode. The same files using the same HDMI cable work fine on my Asus Oplay and my PS3 with their audio setting set to RAW. I am using a Yamaha 673.

Any ideas?
post #424 of 435 Old 09-21-2014, 05:13 PM

I was able to get all of my issues with the A200 worked out... Except the controller issue.

I changed all of xbmc settings off of imdb and everything seems to be working fantastic.
post #425 of 435 Old 09-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
USB blu-ray dvd drive

Hello has anyone tried a bluray external drive to the usb ports?? the HD720 works with a dvd burner drive hooked to usb ports.UPDATE............ UNIT WILL PLAY BLU-RAY drives and dvd drives through the USB via external drive adapter.

MickinCT

Last edited by mickinct; 10-03-2014 at 05:44 PM.
post #426 of 435 Old 10-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Kd hd720

USB blu-ray dvd drive
the HD720 works with a dvd burner drive hooked to usb ports.UPDATE............ UNIT WILL PLAY BLU-RAY drives and dvd drives through the USB via external drive adapter.

MickinCT
post #427 of 435 Old 10-05-2014, 07:11 PM

NUPGRADE Message

I have been enjoying both of my (2) KDLINKS 720now for over 6-months. No issues. Fantastic product. Last night however myhome unit displayed 'NUPGRADE' on the front screen and I am unable to get outof this and back to the regular operating menu. All I did was to transfer somemovies onto the KD720 from my laptop and which I downloaded a few days ago. (FYI:My laptop is always 'online' when in use) Did the 720 requested by itself to beupdated? Is there such a thing? I do not recall ever having programmed internet access into the KD720! Sowhat are my options to get back to the normal menu? Am I obligated or forced ofsorts to update the firmware to V1.4? I am not really poised to upgrade to the suggested and latest firmware. The 720 presently does what I need it to do. Any advise is welcomed! Thanks!
post #428 of 435 Old 10-13-2014, 06:04 AM

I have one drive that works fine over nfs with my computers but even though the Kdlinks sees files & folders on it the media files are not playable. If I transfer those same files to another nfs share from a different drive they play just fine in the Kdlinks...It can neither play nor copy files from that drive.
post #429 of 435 Old 10-21-2014, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman1 View Post
Howdy all!

Just bought an HD720 a couple of months ago and I must say I'm VERY pleased with this device. It doesn't have all the "bling" in the menus and structure that other units have and the wireless is weak as hell, BUT!, with that being said, it plays EVERY FORMAT in my collection and with the drive installed in the unit, gives me absolutely no grief! I read a lot from folks who complain about this unit or that unit or this or that feature. Honestly? This is the FIRST unit of many I've bought so far that has played EVERYTHING I own without fail. My collection is 10 years in the making with over a thousand titles in Divx 3, 4, 5, and Pro alone and my BD rip count is now up to 400 not including all the youtube flash leeches, etc. Thankfully, these guys concentrated on what was the most important feature first. Format compatibility and "playability"! Hopefully, they'll get the wifi issues under control with subsequent models. I have been looking for 2 years for a device that lived up to it's claims of format compatibility, but every one I've used has come up short. I can't throw around $2-300 dollars on bull**** that doesn't live up to the manufacturers hype or is selective on what it wants to deal with. I could care less about pretty menus and nifty bells and whistles when the damn thing won't play the most basic (and older) formats.

KDLinks keep it up!! I'll be back for more!

Fish

P.S.
Your inline subtitle menu and download feature is THE BOMB!!!!! And it recognizes SRTs!!!! My deaf sis-in-law thanks you!
P.P.S. I'm still using the initial v1.1 firmware...
This post convinced me to buy it. Thanks
post #430 of 435 Old 10-21-2014, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
glad it works for you. I have retired my kdlinks720 to the downstairs guest room. For me the menu is part of the enjoyment. I like the flash. But why this unit was demoted was because of an extremely loud pop hear through occasional movies. Almost blew my speakers. That and the lack of support/updates from the manufact. But this thing also has smb transmission, which means you could always use it as a remote backup NAS. Although the 100mbps NIC would be a bummer.
post #431 of 435 Old 10-21-2014, 03:31 PM

A200 Factory Reset?

Does anyone happen to know how to do a factory reset on the A200 or if there is a recovery or maintenance mode? Mine locked up on me while searching the Google Play Store, and after doing a hard reset, the unit won't boot. It just displays "LOADING" on the front. I've e-mailed kdlinks but heard nothing back. Not real pleased with the support.
post #432 of 435 Old 10-23-2014, 03:59 AM

From today YouTube stopped to work on Kdlinks HD700.
It displays "Youtube on TV is not supported on this device"

I have latest firmware 1.3.
post #433 of 435 Old 10-27-2014, 08:38 PM

Unhappy KDLinks HD 720

Does anyone know of any software that will autopopulate the jukebox on the KDLinks HD 720? I am using Media Center Master to get the info and artwork. I can see it in the FileManager and Movies but not the Jukebox, I have to manually get the info for each movie to get it to work.

Thanks

Ron
post #434 of 435 Old 10-28-2014, 06:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Try MyMovies Collection Management - read back a few pages on how to set it up.
post #435 of 435 Old 10-28-2014, 06:09 PM

Unhappy KDLinks HD 720

Thanks for the reply. I have tried Thumb Gen, Movie Center Manager and the one described in the YouTube video. All work well and have pros and cons.

At the moment, I have movies with the correct meta data. The folders contain MovieTitle.nfo, MovieTitle.jpg and fanart. But the only way I can get them into the Jukebox is thru Info/Get Movie Info in FileManager.

What I'm looking for is a program that will scan my folders for the movie info and update the file called movie.db in the JukeBox folder. I would be tedious to do that for all the movies that I have.

The JukeBox has some nice sorting features and will show movie info before you watch the movie.

Thanks,

Ron
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Kdlinks Hd720 Extreme Full Hd 1080p 3d Media Player With Internal Hdd Bay Gigabit Network Built In W
Gear in this thread - Hd720 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page