*Official* KDLinks HD*** Streaming Media Player Thread - Page 15 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #421 of 423 Old 09-11-2014, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got AirPlay working but it does not support Mirroring so can't display photos. Did get upnp working which is really nice. I downloaded VLC Player to my ipad and was able to connect to XBMC, select a movie and play it. Only issue I had is I have so many movies, that it struggles to list them (is better with filtering, like by genre, year or actor).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 423 Old 09-13-2014, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HDMI Output issues

I am having some issues with the HD-720 HDMI. I switch my home theater HDMI to the HD-702, start some file transfers, then switch my home theater system back to another source. After an hour or more, when I expect the file transfers have completed, I switch the home theater system back th the HD-720 and after a short wiat, I receive an error that the soruce cannot be found.

I press the home button on the HD720 remote several times, and switch the home theater back and forther between sources, and suddenly the HD720 is back.

I know this sounds confusing but it almost appears the HD720, if left unconnected to a HDMI
device, disconnects the HDMI output entirely.

This has gone as far as sometimes I have to power cycle the HD720 just to get my display back. This is concerning because the file transfers I mentioned are being done via the USB port and an external hard drive. I am concerned about the external hard drive becoming corrupted.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what is causing this behavior?

I don't see what I am doing any different than switching (via the home theater) between my PlayStation, DIRECTV, or any other source. only the HD720 seems to not switch back correctly after a period of time.

Hope this is not to confusing, and I would appreciate any suggestion.

Ken
post #423 of 423 Old 09-13-2014, 02:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having some audio problems. Whenever I leave the HDMI audio output on RAW, it will only play DTS or Dolby Digital streams. It will also play FLAC files. Anything mpeg or MP3 will not play. It also wouldnt play any HD audio streams. I have to switch to auto which then switches to Multi-Channel LCPM which I would rather have my receiver decode. The same files using the same HDMI cable work fine on my Asus Oplay and my PS3 with their audio setting set to RAW. I am using a Yamaha 673.

Any ideas?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Kdlinks Hd720 Extreme Full Hd 1080p 3d Media Player With Internal Hdd Bay Gigabit Network Built In W
Gear in this thread - Hd720 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page