*Official* KDLinks HD*** Streaming Media Player Thread - Page 21 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #601 of 627 Old 03-02-2015, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
jB,

I have a few (4) Q's about your B1 if you don't mind. Happy to move to a more appropriate thread if you know of one.

1. I've seen no image of the Dune remote; know of one or could you post one?
2. What 3D support does the B1 have; the specs have me confused.
3. Do you have any idea if the Dune can play TP files?
4. Do you know any example of a 30' redmere HDMI cable being used (I have a Panny PT 8000) on a Dune of any model?

Thanks,
Andy
Sure thing.
http://www.dune-hd-players.com.ua/im...te-control.jpg

2. It doesnt. The dune hd base 3d does but u lose full bd menu support and i think some ISO support.
3. Not sure. Idk what those are.
4.those monoprice ones? No. But i can't imagine why it wouldnt work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 627 Old 03-02-2015, 03:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnBlanker View Post
Sure thing.
Thank jB, this will help.

Andy
post #603 of 627 Old 03-02-2015, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

np! Get the Dune!
post #604 of 627 Old 03-03-2015, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Giving it serious consideration. I could repurpose the HD720 into the bedroom and thus retire my last Tvix. Still need very occasional 3D support and the remote on my Sony BD player was designed by idiots but maybe as rare as a 3D movie will be for me I can stand that. BD menu support would be very nice.
post #605 of 627 Old 03-03-2015, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
np! Get the Dune!
Just curious, where did you get the B1 from. Also, I thought you were considering the D1 instead. What made you go for the B1?

Vizio 80" 3D LED M801D-A3 w/ Denon AVR-1612, Polk Audio RM6750 | BenQ W1070 Projector w/ Silver Ticket 120" Screen & Onkyo HT-S770 | Sony Bravia XBR-60LX900 w/ Sony HTCT550W 3D Sound Bar | Sony SXRD KDS-R70XBR2 | Sony PS3 (Slim) | DIRECTV Genie HR44-500, C41s | Harmony 700
post #606 of 627 Old 03-03-2015, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
Just curious, where did you get the B1 from. Also, I thought you were considering the D1 instead. What made you go for the B1?
It was $200 from amazon. Refurb. They had problems with their optical drives, so a bunch were referbed. They were all fixed by Mike@Dune. I don't care about the optical drive since I have so many other devices to play BD from. I do lose the ability to hold an internal HDD, and no LED display. But I don't care about those things either.

I just realized another benefit of the Dune: chapter support! I was playing a BDMV folder rip tho. Not sure if it makes a difference with an ISO rip. SSD can comment on that.
post #607 of 627 Old 03-03-2015, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have the same exact issue!

Has any solution been come up for this other than exchanging it? I am stuck on the whole instlattion reinstalling over and over again regardless of which firmware version with the "NUPGRADE". I tried everything I could come up with. So frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ocho View Post
Hey everyone. I've had the player for two weeks. Today, when turning it on the display read 'UPGRADE', the TV screen showed something which I guess was a symbol instructing to plug firmware into USB connector. So,apparently it was going into upgrade mode upon turning it on. At the time I thought it was telling me that an upgrade was available, except it was more like the player was forcing me to do the upgrade as I couldn't switch out of this upgrade screen. I reluctantly proceeded to download the v1.2 firmware and went thru the upgrade process. After the new firmware has been installed, the player's display shows 'NUPGRADE' for a few seconds and the firmware installation starts all over again and if i didn't unplug the power it would keep installing the firmware over and over again. That's it, the player is now non-functional.
I contacted KDLinks and am awaiting reply. I'm hoping there's a fix where I can avoid having to send the unit back. By the way I tried reinstalling the 1.1 firmware but the same thing happens. Any chance somebody else has experienced something similar?
post #608 of 627 Old 03-03-2015, 10:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia Marie Stallcop View Post
Has any solution been come up for this other than exchanging it? I am stuck on the whole instlattion reinstalling over and over again regardless of which firmware version with the "NUPGRADE". I tried everything I could come up with. So frustrating
Hi Anastasia,
I contacted KDLinks customer service and I received a quick reply. There's nothing you can do on your end. They sent me a replacement and I sent the defective unit back. The replacement has been working fine for about a year now. It is the best media player around. Good luck.
post #609 of 627 Old 03-05-2015, 01:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ocho View Post
Hi Anastasia,
I contacted KDLinks customer service and I received a quick reply. There's nothing you can do on your end. They sent me a replacement and I sent the defective unit back. The replacement has been working fine for about a year now. It is the best media player around. Good luck.
Any idea why this happens? Any sequence to avoid?
post #610 of 627 Old 03-05-2015, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
Any idea why this happens? Any sequence to avoid?
I have no idea. There was no sequence preceding the failure that was out of the ordinary. I had the unit less than a week when the malfunction occurred.
post #611 of 627 Old 03-06-2015, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have enjoyed the HD720 player so far -- one question though - once per film, I get a weird icon in the upper left talking about a web app or something. How do I stop that from coming up?

Last edited by Opie; 03-06-2015 at 05:40 PM.
post #612 of 627 Old 03-13-2015, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It says:

! - Wifi Plugin

I have wifi turned off and use ethernet exclusively. Any ideas at all?
post #613 of 627 Old 03-20-2015, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Something weird in my HD720. I've noticed that downloaded subtitles never appear available nor in "browse" and also that downloaded movie info isn't retained after saving it. I have to download the subtitle srt on my pc, rename it to match the movie name exactly, move it to that movie's folder and only then will it show up in the list..

Jukebox doesn't seem to work either. Can't add movies.

This has always been like this, but I hadn't really noticed the movie info issue until recently. Originally came with v1.1 firmware and upgraded to 1.4 later, if it matters.

Any ideas??

Last edited by Fishman1; 03-20-2015 at 04:53 PM.
post #614 of 627 Old 03-25-2015, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've looked for the answer to this question but have not been able to find it.
Does the Kdlinks Hd720 system have a search function for music by album, artist and track? Does it do this by searching an indexed data base that it creates?
Thanks!
post #615 of 627 Old 04-01-2015, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 132
So my 720 isn't booting up. It just goes to the film icon with an arrow on it. Tried restarting to no avail. Any thoughts?
post #616 of 627 Old 04-04-2015, 10:13 AM

Downloading Torrents SLOW

Hi All,

Let me preface by exclaiming my absolute LOVE for this player. All my past issues of trying to stream media using PC, PS3, etc. are gone. No more stuttering and now finally extremely high resolution. Before this player, I think my resolution was being compromised due to streaming through my network, despite using Ethernet connectivity.

This player plays all files without a hitch and overall I am very pleased with every aspect of the anticipated functionality. I also had no problems integrating to my network and transferring files over, etc.

My only issue is related to direct download of torrent files from the Web. On my PC, using ********** or UTorrent, my download speeds are 10X that of direct downloads to my HD720 (using the built in torrent utility). Direct downloads to the HD720 are especially futile with large full BD disk source files. Transferring such large files through my network takes a few hours, so I was really hoping downloading torrents directly from the HD720 would have been a solution - not so much the case.

When I download on my PC, speeds are 1-3MBS on average, while on the HD720 speeds seem to be 50-200KBS on average.

When I try to download torrents from Utorrent and save directly to the HD720 drive through my PC/network, the torrent software loses connectivity with the HD720 within a couple of minutes resulting in a botched download.

I am hoping these poor results are directly related to me trying to download massive 30-40GB files with limited number of peers, and not a result of an issue with the HD720. Although on my PC, after a few hours I eventually latch on to some high transfer rate peers and the downloads complete successfully usually within 12-20 hours (on such large files with limited peers). Yet, on the HD720 similar downloads seem to stall out at some point. When I go back to my PC after a number of hours and check the download status from the Web interface, the transfer speed is usually close to 0kbs. Then they seem to "spark back to life" as a result of me connecting to the interface again, but the subsequent download speeds never pickup past a slow crawl (<50-150kbs).

I am thinking this is a result of better peer/tracker management on the PC torrent software as compared to the torrent utility on the HD720.

Any input would be appreciated.
post #617 of 627 Old 04-08-2015, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I would just use this for MKV files. I have a few particular files/movies I play. If I'm not streaming and only using this as a media player would I have issues? I'd be using the USB flash drive as the source of the files.
post #618 of 627 Old 04-09-2015, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by audeophyle View Post
Hi All,

Let me preface by exclaiming my absolute LOVE for this player. All my past issues of trying to stream media using PC, PS3, etc. are gone. No more stuttering and now finally extremely high resolution. Before this player, I think my resolution was being compromised due to streaming through my network, despite using Ethernet connectivity.

This player plays all files without a hitch and overall I am very pleased with every aspect of the anticipated functionality. I also had no problems integrating to my network and transferring files over, etc.

My only issue is related to direct download of torrent files from the Web. On my PC, using ********** or UTorrent, my download speeds are 10X that of direct downloads to my HD720 (using the built in torrent utility). Direct downloads to the HD720 are especially futile with large full BD disk source files. Transferring such large files through my network takes a few hours, so I was really hoping downloading torrents directly from the HD720 would have been a solution - not so much the case.

When I download on my PC, speeds are 1-3MBS on average, while on the HD720 speeds seem to be 50-200KBS on average.

When I try to download torrents from Utorrent and save directly to the HD720 drive through my PC/network, the torrent software loses connectivity with the HD720 within a couple of minutes resulting in a botched download.

I am hoping these poor results are directly related to me trying to download massive 30-40GB files with limited number of peers, and not a result of an issue with the HD720. Although on my PC, after a few hours I eventually latch on to some high transfer rate peers and the downloads complete successfully usually within 12-20 hours (on such large files with limited peers). Yet, on the HD720 similar downloads seem to stall out at some point. When I go back to my PC after a number of hours and check the download status from the Web interface, the transfer speed is usually close to 0kbs. Then they seem to "spark back to life" as a result of me connecting to the interface again, but the subsequent download speeds never pickup past a slow crawl (<50-150kbs).

I am thinking this is a result of better peer/tracker management on the PC torrent software as compared to the torrent utility on the HD720.

Any input would be appreciated.

The player isn't designed for downloading, ya dig? It ain't got the mojo for it. You wanna do what you trying to do, you get a NAS or micro-server that can handle it.
post #619 of 627 Old 04-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Anyone having playback aspect ratio problems when viewing recordings made via OTA mediasonic 180 recorder, I recorded the voice on NBC, the aspect was 4;3 not 16;9 when played on the hd720, the following program on NBC was chicago fire it was ok 16:9, I played it on PC it played in 16:9. The commercials on the Voice were all 16:9 . do not have a clue??

MickinCT
post #620 of 627 Old 04-09-2015, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
The player isn't designed for downloading, ya dig? It ain't got the mojo for it. You wanna do what you trying to do, you get a NAS or micro-server that can handle it.
Yes, I am realizing this. Downloading to PC and then transferring to the HD720 is the only viable solution for larger HQ files. Might take a little longer, but at least it works. The HD720 is okay with smaller torrents with more peers, which is not the case with full BD rips. But this is designed to play the high quality files, so better to use it for what it is designed for. Thanks
post #621 of 627 Old 04-22-2015, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Does the 720 have good SMB performance? Does the 720 offer full BD menu support. I need to upgrade from my dying Dune D1.... How does the 720 differ/compare from the A220? All help is greatly appreciated
Thanks
post #622 of 627 Old 04-22-2015, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

No comparison. Afaik only dunes will do full menu. Mike over at dune has refurb b1 and d1. I wouldnt get anything else personally.
post #623 of 627 Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:
No comparison. Afaik only dunes will do full menu. Mike over at dune has refurb b1 and d1. I wouldnt get anything else personally.
Thanks for the quick reply. I can't believe the Dunes still rule... My dune took a power hit and i have an APC conditioner, i live in Manhattan and the manhole cover blew up. Anyways, how can i get in touch with Mike regarding the refurbs?
post #624 of 627 Old 04-22-2015, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Call him. 908-968-0859. I bought 2 b1 refurbs on amazon. Yeah i think they are top shelf. They read java so u get full bd menu. No probs with playlist obfuscation. Full forced sub with iso. Truly a 1-click rip solution. And with jukebox frontends like yadis mymovies and zappiti. How could u go wrong.
post #625 of 627 Old 04-27-2015, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Call him. 908-968-0859. I bought 2 b1 refurbs on amazon. Yeah i think they are top shelf. They read java so u get full bd menu. No probs with playlist obfuscation. Full forced sub with iso. Truly a 1-click rip solution. And with jukebox frontends like yadis mymovies and zappiti. How could u go wrong.
Thanks for the info. I called and left a message, need to know differences between d1 and b1
post #626 of 627 Old 04-27-2015, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007james View Post
Thanks for the info. I called and left a message, need to know differences between d1 and b1
guts r identical. D1 has slot for internal hdd, and a digital display. B1 has no slot for internal hdd, and has a BD drive instead of digital display. Initially, these BD drive malfunctioned on these player which is why there are a bunch of refurbs. Mike fixed them and sells them at a big discount on Amazon. I have no use for the BD drive, and don't care about internal storage, I just use these to stream from my pc so that's why I go with the B1's.
post #627 of 627 Old Today, 06:40 AM

Quote:
guts r identical. D1 has slot for internal hdd, and a digital display. B1 has no slot for internal hdd, and has a BD drive instead of digital display. Initially, these BD drive malfunctioned on these player which is why there are a bunch of refurbs. Mike fixed them and sells them at a big discount on Amazon. I have no use for the BD drive, and don't care about internal storage, I just use these to stream from my pc so that's why I go with the B1's.
Thanks for the info, I won't even use the built-in Blu-Ray... will order one next week after vacation....
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Kdlinks Hd720 Extreme Full Hd 1080p 3d Media Player With Internal Hdd Bay Gigabit Network Built In W
Gear in this thread - Hd720 by PriceGrabber.com