*Official* KDLinks HD*** Streaming Media Player Thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #751 of 757 Old 09-14-2017, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am in dire need of A400 help or this thing is going back to Amazon ASAP. My popcorn hour PSU took a dump again for the 3rd time so I'm giving up on it. I decided to go with a KDLINKS A400 mainly because it gets great reviews and it has the option for a HDD. I have everything installed and have it wired instead of using wireless. I am UNABLE to transfer a file larger than a GB from my Mac to the A400 via the network. It keeps telling me the file is too large and there isn't enough space on the HDD. Trust me, there is room. I also tried a USB drive and a SD card with the same results. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I transfer a file to this unit that is larger than a few MB? Are there permission settings I'm missing? Is there a Mac to Android file transfer limitation??? Please help ASAP!!!!

Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 757 Old 09-14-2017, 05:08 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew98ster View Post
I am in dire need of A400 help or this thing is going back to Amazon ASAP. My popcorn hour PSU took a dump again for the 3rd time so I'm giving up on it. I decided to go with a KDLINKS A400 mainly because it gets great reviews and it has the option for a HDD. I have everything installed and have it wired instead of using wireless. I am UNABLE to transfer a file larger than a GB from my Mac to the A400 via the network. It keeps telling me the file is too large and there isn't enough space on the HDD. Trust me, there is room. I also tried a USB drive and a SD card with the same results. What am I doing wrong? Why can't I transfer a file to this unit that is larger than a few MB? Are there permission settings I'm missing? Is there a Mac to Android file transfer limitation??? Please help ASAP!!!!

Andrew
Can you transfer a file larger than 1 gb to your hard drive from your computer? Anyway, I wonder if your devices are formatted with FAT32. There's some sort of a limit to file size with that formatting. I think the correct formatting for macs is something called ExFat.
post #753 of 757 Old 09-15-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briguy65 View Post
Can you transfer a file larger than 1 gb to your hard drive from your computer? Anyway, I wonder if your devices are formatted with FAT32. There's some sort of a limit to file size with that formatting. I think the correct formatting for macs is something called ExFat.
The hard drive I'm trying to copy to was originally from my Popcorn Hour and I had zero issues transferring files from my Mac to it. I've already gone ahead and started the return process with this unit. I've spent way too many hours trying to figure out the issue and KDLINKS support isn't of much help. Oh well.....

post #754 of 757 Old 09-15-2017, 01:58 PM

Lemme also state that I bought a 64gb sd card, formatted it to exFAT, and it still wouldn't allow me to copy a file over a GB to it via my network. Same goes for a freshly formatted USB drive. Is it an Mac to Android issue?
post #755 of 757 Old 09-16-2017, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I just got this player and for some reason when I browse my folder of MKV files and ISO files, it doesn't only show the movie file but also the cover art file and some other file. How do I make it only display movie file?

thank you.

Epson 3100, STR 135" Grey Screen, Sharp LC-80LE650U 80", Denon AVR 4311ci, Ascend Sierra-1 NrT, Ascend HTM-200 (surrounds), Rythmik F12, WD TV Live Media Player, Samsung BD ES6000, Denon DVD-2910 & Sony BDP-S370 SACD/DVDa, Monster HTS 5100 MKI, Monster Z2 Biwire, Logitech Harmony One, Sennheiser HD600, Schiit Modi/Vali
post #756 of 757 Old 10-04-2017, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 22
hey guys just noticed the kdlinks 400 i run a wd live that i feel is outdated is this box really as good as people say it is ?
post #757 of 757 Old 10-08-2017, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 22
got my kdlinks a400 and i love it .it took me a few hours to set it up to see my network but everything working good now besides 1 thing , how do i veiw the harddrive i installed in the kdlinks on my win10 pc so i can move files over from my windows 10 pc to the kdlinks internal drive? i know samba has to be turned on and it is but where do i see the hard drive on my pc ? if anyone knows how to set this up please let me know so far this box plays anything .hdr 10 bit everything no troubles at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Kdlinks Hd720 Extreme Full Hd 1080p 3d Media Player With Internal Hdd Bay Gigabit Network Built In W

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page