AVS Forum banner

Netgear NeoTV Max NTV300SL and Amazon Prime Instant Video

5K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  pdxrealtor 
#1 ·
I just read the AVS Reviews of the "Top 6 Streaming-Media Players". In the review of the Netgear NTV300SL aka NeoTV Max, it says it streams Amazon Prime Instant Video. I own this media streaming device (purchased June '13) and I am an Amazon Prime member. But I cannot see where the player works with Amazon Prime. Do I need a firmware update or something?

#2 ·
Only has Netflix and Vudu (never dug to deep into other internet channels) as of right now. This little box would be great if it's dlna/upnp wasn't so finicky and it gets miracast support. So far chromecast gets used more for Netflix and YouTube in my house.

#5 ·
I have both the Neo and the Amazon Fire TV. The Neo does not have Amazon on it, however it works flawlessly with my Plex server via the My Media app. It plays all my MKV and MP4 videos with 5.1 audio (Dolby Digital and DTS) with no hiccups at all. The interface is a simple DLNA one and I miss the slickness of the Plex App on the AFT, but until Amazon fixes it's Plex issues, I'm using the Neo to stream from my Plex Server.

I bought the Neo on clearance at Best Buy for 40 bucks because it is supposed to stream Vudu 3D, however I have been unsuccessful in getting my 3D movies to work. My now defunct PS3 streamed Vudu 3D perfectly and I was hoping the Neo could replace it. No luck so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.