Media Server for Mac using Mavericks to Sony BDP BX510 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2013, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Can anyone point me to an understandable article about using a media server to stream downloaded videos to my Sony BluRay player?

I have tried PS3 Media Server and Universal Media Server.  I am currently attempting to use TVMOBiLI from the UK.

I have a Mac running Mavericks. I connect using a wireless network to the BluRay player through ATT router (one of the new ones) from the Mac.

Most of the files I try to play give an "File is Corrupt or Unsupported" error.  I even try and convert them to something using Amersoft Video Converter Ultimate.

I have trouble with MKVs, AVIs and MP4s.  Sometimes they work, most times they don't.  There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why some play and others don't. I get the feeling that just even though the files have the same extension, they aren't the same.

I see a transcode folder on the media server, but while the videos in it may initially play, they usually start stuttering quickly.

I have tried to delete the media server files from my Mac, but they still show up on the Sony Media Server folders.  How do I reset it?

I would appreciate any explanations that might be helpful.

Thanks, in advance.  There is precious little in the way of concept explanation out there.   All the media server help files tend to assume you are already an expert at the media server concept level.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Serviio and choose the 2012 x90 profile.

To delete older DLNA server on the BDP, goto network settings and select media player settings. You will see a list of servers. Hit options and delete.

Tags
Sony Bpd Bx510 3d Blu Ray Player