I'm ready to "cut the cord" with the cable company.
What I'd like to do is be able to relatively easily watch on the 5 TV's in our house (not watch on PC's or devices).
We have about a dozen OTA stations in our area.
I also have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and am considering Hulu Plus.
What I'd like to be able to do is this:
1. From any TV, go to the program guide and schedule the recording of any TV show I have access to and then later, be able to watch that show on any of the TV's in my house.
2. Be able to pause live TV on any TV in the house.
3. Be able to watch a show on live TV while recording another show.
4. Be able to watch shows from Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc on any TV in the house.
5. Be able to do 1-4 with a remote control for the TV I'm sitting in front of at the time.
So, this leads to a number of questions.
A. Has anyone done this type of thing before?
B. What equipment would I need (less expensive the better)?
C. Can I get a free or cheap(ie: $30/yr) programming guide service to facilitate easy recording of TV shows?
D. How can I get live streaming of channels like MSNBC, HLN, CNBC, etc.?
Any suggestions would be appreciated in helping me to cobble together this type of system.