Boxee Box dying - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2013, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well my Boxee Box is starting to die, it has been unable to show my "movie poster wall" for a few months and now the remote is getting bad.

I did search and did not want to just post another "best streamer" thread, but....

My current situation, I am using a Dlink 2 bay NAS (4tb) but have bought a new Lenovo 4 bay NAS IX4-3000 since my Dlink is almost full. My NAS is used solely for my movie collection, currently about 1000 ISO movie files. I am willing to change the ISO files to MKV or the like if you guys think that would be easier to run with a streamer box (i.e Roku 3), but I'm getting off topic. I'm looking for a nice streamer box, to be able to watch movies from my collection, and if possible for it to have Netflix, Vudu, ect. One thing I would love this streamer box to be able to do is display my movies with their corresponding movie posters like my old Boxee Box did. I would run plex but I don't think I can with my Lenovo NAS, and I really don't want to spend $600 bucks on a Synology NAS that has plex. Anyone know of any decent streamers that I can use that have both Netflix and the capability to have my movie poster wall? Thanks-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2013, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I still use Boxee's and when they die, I buy used ones on Craigslist or Kijiiji, if that's not something you want to do, check out the WDTV Live, I believe they display the movie poster and info, perhaps not quite like the Boxee does, but likely well enough.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2013, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Cool thanks Ash_man! That's what I figured too, might as well try it for 80 bucks from Amazon.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
The Boxee Box By D Link Hd Streaming Media Player

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page