Sima IMIX experiences? and remote question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-28-2002, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any one here have the Sima IMIX? I was hoping someone on the forum may have some experience with this unit.

Luckily I picked it up cheap($150) on ubid. If I would have paid anywhere close to the $600 List price I would be pretty upset by now.

It works OK as an inexpensive audio server. It can store over 200 hrs of MP3s

In fact the bi-directional remote even has a qwerty keyboard embedded. Which doesn't really help much since it is so unreliable.

To access most of its features and to direct access tracks, you need to use it's (flaky) Bi-directional remote. If it wern't so dang unstable it would be the coolest audio component out there

In addition to its short range (>6ft) it eats batteries like a fiend. Even when "powered off" it will still try send calls to its base unit which means that If you don't remove the batteries they will be drained within 24hrs.

My question is, are there any ways to use 3rd party controls to replace the remote? I searched the Remote Central site and could not find anyone who has used a universal remote with a Sima IMIX. Even a hardwired solution would be preferable to this POS. Unfortunately there is no RS232 port on the unit.

Thoughts suggestions opinions would be appreciated.

I would especially be interested in hearing the experiences of anyone who has used one of these.

Cheers

Richard
Closed Thread Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page