Hi. I have read many useful advice on this forum, so I was wondering if you could help me out here. I have a stereo amp with only analog inputs (Yamaha R-S700) that doesn't have any "modern" inputs such as usb, streaming or dnla. I haven't been able to find the perfect box that will allow me to do the following:
- Hookup to the receiver via analog jacks (most modern boxes are just hdmi)
- Allow full control of the box via an app for ios or android tablets/phones (it won't be hooked up to a TV)
- Have a hard drive or support an external usb drive to store and playback audio files.
- Have streaming capabilities for Spotify and radio stations (tune in radio).
- I would love it if the device could control the amp's basic functions (such as volume) via an IR blaster or cable remote.
Apparently the Logitech Squeezebox did most of what I wanted, but its no longer produced.
Is there any device that would do this? Can an old laptop be repurposed for this by means of some software?
I really appreciate your help!