Chromecast device listed twice on wife's iPhone when trying to cast Netflix - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Just picked up the Chromecast device for our non-smart bedroom TV, mainly in order to watch YouTube and Netflix content on it. I set it up using my iPhone 5, everything went smoothly other than having to change the Zoom setting on the HDMI input I installed the Chromecast device in.

I already have a couple of other Smart-enabled devices in the house (a new TV and 2 Sony Blu-ray players), and so my phone is already paired with those devices. When I bring up a YT video on my phone, I can hit the wireless broadcast button and it brings up a list of devices I can watch that video on (usually just the living room TV or the Blu-Ray player). So I set up Chromecast, and named it "Bedroom", so now "Bedroom" shows up in the list of devices I can send my YT video to.

So then I checked out the functionality of my wife's iPhone 5. I brought up a video in her YT app, hit the broadcast button, chose "Bedroom" and within a few seconds the YT app started on Chromecast, and the video started playing. However with Netflix I'm having an issue.

If I go to Netflix on my wife's phone, hit the broadcast button and choose "Bedroom", the Netflix app will start on Chromecast. But then when I start a movie or show playing, nothing happens. The Netflix app screen just sits there on the TV. If I hit the broadcast button again, suddenly there is a duplicate item listed: "Bedroom" and also "Bedroom (2)". If I hit "Bedroom (2)" then the video will start playing on the TV.

With my phone I don't ever see the "Bedroom (2)" or at least haven't yet.

What is going on here?
Sponsored Links

Google Chromecast Hdmi Streaming Media Player