High speed scroll shuttle part two - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2014, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Can anyone help.

I am new to media players and one thing bothers me as I purchase a machine. I am currently auditioning a music fidelity click media player with a view to buy. I set the system up with relative ease but when I play a track whether it's on a USB stick or over a network although I can pause playback I can,t fast forward for want of a better word as you can on say a CD player or even using windows media player on a computer. So if the track is an hour long and the bit I want to hear is 50 minutes in, I have play to that point in real time. Is this a shortcoming of this particular player or a limitation of this concept full stop.

Advice very welcome

Stephen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 05:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Piece of over priced audiophile junk cant even get ff/rw right, that figures ;-)

If its a limitation of lazy or incompetent software developers who made the device stay far away from it if they cant get something so basic right.

Why not just start out with something like a Rocki + for what like 89 bucks and try that on for size before blowing a huge amount of money on some audiophile monstrosity.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Yep! your dead right and its going back from demo. I spoke to Music Fidelity yesterday just to make sure I wasn't missing a trick. The Arrogance of thee people was unbelievable. Evidently most people are happy to play a fifty something minute track from the beginning without the ability to jump in time or go back ten seconds. It is based on a specific "software model" . Forum rules prevent me from using an expression but its something men have that ladies don't.

Cheers

Tags
Musical Fidelity