Merging two MKV's (The Hobit 3D Part 1 and 2) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Now that I am getting back into 3D and have a player capable of streaming MKV MVC's (Mede8er 600X3D), I am re-buying my 3D Blu-ray collection and ripping them to my computer for streaming using MakeMKV to rip movie only streams in MKV MVC format.

Upon researching which 3D Blu-rays are worth buying, I saw that The Hobbit 3D is split into two movies, which means I will have an .mkv for Part 1 and an .mkv for Part 2. Is there a simple program (free) that will take both parts and make a single MKV I can stream? I know there will still be the black frame sequence at the end of part 1 and beginning of part 2 in the combined MKV stream, that's fine with me. I just want to be able to point the Mede8er to one mkv file and have it play continuously, start to finish. So the easiest way to turn the two parts into one is appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
MKVToolNix / MKVmerge has an "append" function that will do this (as long as the two files have the same format & resolution).

It's very widely used freeware:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/
Old 01-22-2014, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I have used this merge feature and never had good results, I just decided to leave it at 2 MKV files, it would of been nice to be able to merge them, but every time I tried, the video and audio would wind up out of sync or the video would stop at some point altogether.