Sudden stutter on bd iso playback through wired network - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-04-2014, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I recently ran an ethernet wire to a second bedroom so that I could play my full bitrate bd rips through my network (I have an asus nt56u router) to my pioneer bdp-150 (custom firmware). The first few days after setup were great. I tested the largest/highest bitrate files I could find and they all played without a hitch. I even watched one all the way through without a single stutter. I tried numerous files and they all worked great. Fast forward to today and now even the lower bitrate ones stutter like crazy. The files play fine when connected directly via usb, so it is not a hard drive issue. I tried rebooting my router as well, same results. I know this is a common frustration with wireless setups because there are many variables that can diminish signal transfer, but I figured wiring it would either work or not, I did not expect the inconsistency I am seeing. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-04-2014, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Well, after some web research I decided to play with the network adapter settings. I went from automatic to full duplex (100mbps) and changed the power save setting to off. After these changes, I went back and played the same few movies that were stuttering before and now they play fine. I am not calling it a victory yet, since I didn't have a problem the other day, but today, so far so good. Anyone think this could have fixed the issue?
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Asus Rt N56u Dual Band Multimedia Ultra Slim Wireless Router , Pioneer Bdp 150 Region Free 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page