Micca EP600 G2 choppy DVD ISO PLAYBACK!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-07-2014, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

HELLO i just got this player (not sure if it was a mistake) and ripped A movie of mine to ISO with a DVD to ISO program and put it on my SATA drive played it with player and it was super choppy and video was weird and it didn't show menu options or play movie! so i tried using dvd descrypter and it does not open the ISO! I am frustrated because the website says that the player plays demanding formats including ISO's flawlessly! if any one can help me that would grand!                           ps;I follow instructions very well and usually can figure this kind of thing out. happy for any replies! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-11-2014, 04:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 35

I have this player in my bedroom and I've had not problems / issues playing my DVD and Blu-Ray Rips from my network (wired) as well as a USB Connected Drive. Maybe its the rip itself? Can you play it on something else and see if you have the same issue?

Antoinethe24th likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-11-2014, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

it doesn't play in vlc player either. idk what i did wrong, maybe i ripped it wrong what program do u use for ripping?  

post #4 of 7 Old 03-11-2014, 10:31 PM

I use DVD Fab and so far I've had great luck with it with a few exceptions (Like Catching Fire) but they usually work these things out pretty quickly. I usually only rip out the main movies and that is about it.

Also I have a Sound Bar that does not support DTS so I even convert the Audio Track to AC3 / 5.1 during the ripping / copying process and again I've had great luck with it.

There are many, many solutions out there that people are using successfully, I went for DVD Fab as I've been using their DVD Copying for many years without an issue.

post #5 of 7 Old 03-11-2014, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

so you can successfully play ISO files off of a drive with the menu and everything? or just the movie file mp4,mkv,avi etc...

post #6 of 7 Old 03-11-2014, 11:23 PM

As I said I only rip out the main movie, I don't bother with all of the menus / additional "Bonus Footage" that can take up a huge amount of space and I usually will watch it just once if at all. So I can't comment on that at all since I've never done it... I am not even sure if the Micca Player supports Menus or not. Not many players do and even the ones that do (from what I hear) run in to issues on a regular basis due to the protection schemes.

That said with DVD Fab I am using a single button to rip out the main movie of my Blu-Rays and it will then create an ISO File that I play off my network or a directly attached drive to my Micca and Mede8er Players. I've actually had better results with the Micca Player in some cases. The Mede8er does not like a certain encoding that some studios do, in that case I need to convert the ISO file to an MKV file which resolved the issue I was having on Movies like Enders Game and The Lorax. This was with the same file, didn't have to Rip It Again so it is an issue with the Mede8er Player with a certain encoding.

post #7 of 7 Old 04-06-2014, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter

thank you for your help! I can play the ISO... (i dont know if i should create a new thread) but when i first got the player after like a few times of playing movies (mp4 mkv avi) its been stopping after like 20 seconds between playback on any video from bad quality AVI's to high 1080p MP4's (not that AVI's are always bad quality) and i get the message: io playback error. can you help?

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
Micca Ep600 G2 1080p Full Hd Digital Media Player With 3d Playback 7 1 Hd Audio
Gear in this thread - Ep600 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page