Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 259
[quote=Kelson;24975625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcut3d View Post
Just what did you expect from a Chinese company selling software that at its best was only marginally legal here in the USA?
Well, actually since it was a chinese company we kind of expected them to keep thumbing their nose at the MPAA and the US legal system -- what else would you expect from a country that embraces piracy as a major pillar of their economy.
Well then track them down and ask for a refund!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 575 Old 06-14-2014, 08:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

Correct. If you are identified as from a US IP address you get the "US" version from the DVD Fab website.

But then there are places like this: http://www.beyondwindows9.com/index....r-us-citizens/

That provide links like this: http://174.142.97.100/download/DVDFab9150.exe that they claim are for the rest-of-the-world versions. Apparently you don't need a VPN, just the right IP address.
The latest version of DVD Fab is out and is version 9.1.5.2

More importantly: the above IP address still works for the EU download. Just substitute 9152 for 9150.
http://174.142.97.100/download/DVDFab9152.exe

This appears to be the doorway for licensed users to get the EU version with BD decryption.
Bookmark the IP address.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #423 of 575 Old 06-14-2014, 08:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Well then track them down and ask for a refund!
And get paid in counterfeit money printed with lead ink.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #424 of 575 Old 06-15-2014, 09:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Quote:

Correct. If you are identified as from a US IP address you get the "US" version from the DVD Fab website.

But then there are places like this: http://www.beyondwindows9.com/index....r-us-citizens/

That provide links like this: http://174.142.97.100/download/DVDFab9150.exe that they claim are for the rest-of-the-world versions. Apparently you don't need a VPN, just the right IP address.
The latest version of DVD Fab is out and is version 9.1.5.2

More importantly: the above IP address still works for the EU download. Just substitute 9152 for 9150.

This appears to be the doorway for licensed users to get the EU version with BD decryption.
Bookmark the IP address.
If you know, how do I move a license? I am going to try this link once I build my new pc but not sure then how to reactivate my lifetime license. Am I SOL?
post #425 of 575 Old 06-16-2014, 07:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate-avfan-da View Post
If you know, how do I move a license? I am going to try this link once I build my new pc but not sure then how to reactivate my lifetime license. Am I SOL?
Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to do.
If you have a lifetime license code you should be able to just plug it into the EU version and go from there.

- kelson h

post #426 of 575 Old 06-16-2014, 11:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:

Nothing has changed with respect to activating the program. You can download your key from DVDFab. Activation works the same which ever version of the program you install. In fact, you can even have both versions installed and running.(they install to different locations)
post #427 of 575 Old 06-16-2014, 12:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
Quote:

Nothing has changed with respect to activating the program. You can download your key from DVDFab. Activation works the same which ever version of the program you install. In fact, you can even have both versions installed and running.(they install to different locations)
But with latest release I have to have a secondary method to decrypt (unless I find EU version)? Does AnyDVD HD decryption work with DVDfab v9150? Sorry for the dumb questions. Hate to spend more money but really want to have full 1:1 archive copy of the full bdmv folder structure which I can then either make 1:1 ISO or main movie ISO (depending on title if I want special features or not.
post #428 of 575 Old 06-16-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
But with latest release I have to have a secondary method to decrypt (unless I find EU version)? Does AnyDVD HD decryption work with DVDfab v9150? Sorry for the dumb questions. Hate to spend more money but really want to have full 1:1 archive copy of the full bdmv folder structure which I can then either make 1:1 ISO or main movie ISO (depending on title if I want special features or not.
You quoted my post above in which I gave you the IP address for the latest EU version of 9.1.5.2. Why don't you download that, install it to its own folder and make sure it works for you the way you want it to. You can install multiple versions of DVD Fab in separate folders and run them separately. I never update a version but install it separately until I am convinced it does what I want -- then I simply delete the folder of the one I don't want any more. I have had as many as 4 versions of DVD Fab installed at once and tested all four of them to rip the same disk.

- kelson h

post #429 of 575 Old 06-16-2014, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:
You quoted my post above in which I gave you the IP address for the latest EU version of 9.1.5.2. Why don't you download that, install it to its own folder and make sure it works for you the way you want it to. You can install multiple versions of DVD Fab in separate folders and run them separately. I never update a version but install it separately until I am convinced it does what I want -- then I simply delete the folder of the one I don't want any more. I have had as many as 4 versions of DVD Fab installed at once and tested all four of them to rip the same disk.

I will try that on my new pc after I get it together. No issues at all you've found compared to previous US release? As much as a headache latest news is, I love being done in a few clicks to rip and enjoy being discless. First rip on my new system will be all the tv bd's I have, so annoying to change discs.

Thanks for your help! Hopefully I will have no problems activating.
post #430 of 575 Old 06-16-2014, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Pretty much as you say.

In a nutshell: there are two versions of every update -- the US version that does not have BD decryption capabilities and the rest-of-the-world version that does have BD decryption capabilities. If you download an update from an IP address that is a US IP address then you will get the US version with no BD decryption. It will have all the cosmetic updates to the interface and the mediocre utilities that make up the DVD Fab package but it won't have the decryption capability that you actually bought the software for. If you download from a European IP address you get the rest-of-the-world version which is the full version including BD decryption -- what we used to get before the blockade.
thank you for the reply. I have downloaded the EU version and it is working as expected!
post #431 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Old news, but it still shows exactly how the Studios, NATO(North America Theater's Owners Association) and the DVD CCA, and many more, are very active towards piracy and copyright and they are not afraid to prosecute. That should make it very relative news.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-n...inton-township

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ecording-film/

http://www.businessinsider.com/man-i...-movies-2014-1

http://www.longisland.com/news/01-31...ed-movies.html

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/130...neworleans.htm

If you live in the US, i strongly suggest you do not rip or copy blu-rays.
post #432 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 12:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecmec View Post
thank you for the reply. I have downloaded the EU version and it is working as expected!
Did you get it from this link?
shortcut3d and mecmec like this.

- kelson h

post #433 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 28
"worked as expected"

No doubt. Buggy with Nvidia's latest drivers. At least they've acknowledged it and are attempting to fix it. But now with the logistics involved in d/l full versions each time a full versions is released but buggy adds to the annoyance of having to wait for another "released" version.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #434 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

"i strongly suggest you do not rip or copy blu-rays."

That might be good advice.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #435 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaAndy View Post
Well not if you are going to be dumb like the people in the articles you cite and set up a camera in a theater or sell pirated copies on the street. People here are not advocating those sorts of activities at all. They are using tools on legally purchased media to be able to play it in the manner of their choosing -- in the privacy of their homes.
MishMouse and mecmec like this.

- kelson h

post #436 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Except what you are doing with copies and what your intentions are even if perfectly legit may mean absolutely nothing to Hollywood.

post #437 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Well not if you are going to be dumb like the people in the articles you cite and set up a camera in a theater or sell pirated copies on the street. People here are not advocating those sorts of activities at all. They are using tools on legally purchased media to be able to play it in the manner of their choosing -- in the privacy of their homes.
I see it there way, my way, and your way.

I have a huge collection of ripped movies on my HTPC. Over 500 titles in formats from CD, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. I am at the cross road on deleting all of them. I have the cases, the disks, and the receipts of purchase for everyone of them. But the DVD CCA and MPAA are pushing very hard to make this illegal. Yes it has a lot to do with digital downloads such as Ultraviolet. Hollywood's stance is, why rip a disk when we give you Ultraviolet or other digital means to watch. There is a lot of Judges and Jury's buying that ideal.

Those "Legally" purchased tools is what those "fools" are using to get there counterfeit copies to sell.

Hector Xavier Monsegur thought other hackers were dumb to. Didn't do him any better for it.
post #438 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Old news, but it still shows exactly how the Studios, NATO(North America Theater's Owners Association) and the DVD CCA, and many more, are very active towards piracy and copyright and they are not afraid to prosecute. That should make it very relative news.

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-n...inton-township

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...ecording-film/

http://www.businessinsider.com/man-i...-movies-2014-1

http://www.longisland.com/news/01-31...ed-movies.html

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/130...neworleans.htm

None of those people were prosecuted for breaking DRM. They were prosecuted for manufacturing and selling pirated movies.
post #439 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
But the DVD CCA and MPAA are pushing very hard to make this illegal.
It's already illegal to remove the encryption so you already broke the law. The man is coming to get you now that you've openly admitted it in a public forum.
post #440 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 02:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I have a huge collection of ripped movies on my HTPC. Over 500 titles in formats from CD, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. I am at the cross road on deleting all of them.
I won't argue your feelings. Whatever puts you in your personal comfort zone is the right course of action for you. If that means clearing your server then go for it.

I am in my comfort zone. My profile is below the radar. I'm not public in any way and I don't advocate piracy. I don't sell copies, I don't give away copies. I don't upload or offer them for download via peer network or torrents and neither do I download. The disks come into my private residence and never leave. I have little reason to suspect the FBI, MPAA or HSI will be knocking on my door because of my private video use practices.

- kelson h

post #441 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Wink

Quote:
I am in my comfort zone. My profile is below the radar. I'm not public in any way...
Um, not anymore after posting here.
post #442 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 03:29 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
"i strongly suggest you do not rip or copy blu-rays."

That might be good advice.
How come I can "like" a post but not dislike one? I feel that is unfair...
Johnla likes this.
post #443 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
yes, i did. thanks again for your replies..
post #444 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
buggy adds to the annoyance of having to wait for another "released" version.
The things you have to put up with after paying all that damn money.
post #445 of 575 Old 06-17-2014, 11:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Dunno what your links are supposed to show but so far there's been no public mention of anyone being prosecuted for ripping stuff they already bought EVER. This kinda fearmongering is almost as pathetic as the industries desperate attempts to frame the whole debate as an issue of people being "uneducated" about copyright. Yeah, right.

Quote:
I have a huge collection of ripped movies on my HTPC. Over 500 titles in formats from CD, DVD, HD-DVD and Blu-Ray. I am at the cross road on deleting all of them.
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

Tech Flaws
Things can only get better
post #446 of 575 Old 06-18-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratmanX View Post
Um, not anymore after posting here.
This has been a topic that is openly discussed on AVS with detailed tips to help people view the content they've legally bought in the manner of their choosing. See this thread with the obvious name that has been continuously active for the last 3 yr and over 6K posts.

- kelson h

post #447 of 575 Old 06-18-2014, 09:59 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
This has been a topic that is openly discussed on AVS with detailed tips to help people view the content they've legally bought in the manner of their choosing. See this thread with the obvious name that has been continuously active for the last 3 yr and over 6K posts.
You did see the winking emoticon, right?
post #448 of 575 Old 06-18-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratmanX View Post
You did see the winking emoticon, right?
Yeah . . . I guess I just didn't catch the significance.
I'm not too good with subtle -- just ask my wife.

- kelson h

post #449 of 575 Old 06-18-2014, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Mac version is just the extension .pkg
post #450 of 575 Old 06-18-2014, 06:19 PM
AVS Special Member

9.1.5.2 is buggy. Not worth installing. Neither is 9.1.5.1.

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming