29Likes

post #541 of 568 Old 07-09-2014, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimA View Post
What update? A Windows update or a AnyDVD update? If this is true I would expect to see a ton of angry posts on the Slysoft forums, but I don't.
Hey! DVDFab will do the best to protect the existing customer's interests. DVDFab can't decrypt the AACS Blu-rays protection in the US market.However,DVDFab can work very well together with the free Addon named Woookao to decrypt it. You can see the tutorial here: http://www.myce.com/article/tutorial...-dvdfab-72113/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 568 Old 07-09-2014, 06:47 PM

Hey! DVDFab will do the best to protect the existing customer's interests. DVDFab can't decrypt the AACS Blu-rays protection in the US market.However,DVDFab can work very well together with the free Addon named Woookao to decrypt it. You can see the tutorial here: http://www.myce.com/article/tutorial...-dvdfab-72113/
post #543 of 568 Old 07-10-2014, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFab Staff View Post
DVDFab can't decrypt the AACS Blu-rays protection in the US market.However,DVDFab can work very well together with the free Addon named Woookao to decrypt it.
Everybody knows that Woookao is just an older version of DVD Fab PassKey Lite that you guys are distributing through a dummy chinese server. When it was first released you guys didn't bother to pull the version information out of the properties dialog box so it was plain as day. I see you got smarter and wiped the version info from the current download, but the cat is already out of the bag. It's PassKey Lite which means it just decrypts AACS but doesn't do anything about the newer BD+ and Java protections. So, I'm guessing that in response to the legal actions DVD Fab took out the AACS decryption but left in the code to handle BD+ and Java because they probably weren't covered in the current lawsuit. So for the time being, installing PassKey lite (a.k.a. WoooKao -- where did you get that name?) replaces the AACS decryption and supposedly allows DVD Fab to function once again -- I wonder if anyone here has actually tried it. I say for now because the MPAA will most certainly catch up and file more actions to get you to remove BD+ and Java circumvention. Good luck with the chess match.

For now, it is a much better solution for US customers to just download the European version of build 9.1.5.6 from:
http://174.142.97.100/download/DVDFab9163.exe
ellisr63 likes this.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Last edited by Kelson; 08-19-2014 at 11:14 AM.
post #544 of 568 Old 07-10-2014, 06:22 AM
FX4

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I feel like captain obvious here but why don't you guys just use a VPN service to get around court sponsored censorship?
post #545 of 568 Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 303
testing

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
post #546 of 568 Old 07-10-2014, 09:56 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
testing
I prefer Tune In Tokyo.

Thanks for the great forum, Mike.
post #547 of 568 Old 07-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
I stuck with free programs for the longest time, just because I didn't want to spend the extra $50 or $60 or whatever when there were good free options. I finally wanted to enjoy the east of functionality I saw in DVDFab, and pulled the trigger a few months back.

Ugh.

That's all I have to say. I hope my 2 year license holds up.
post #548 of 568 Old 07-14-2014, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanPackMan View Post
I'd add

4. They want digital versions of their purchased content to use on multiple devices.

Downloading is often easier than copying. EDIT: In fact, its faster and easier than buying as well.
I'll add:

5. The content they want isn't available in their region

post #549 of 568 Old 07-16-2014, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Meanwhile, here's the latest development in Fab Land...<b><span style="font-size:16px;">New buyers won't get decryption</span></b>...<a href="http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-9-only-for-existing-customers-blufab-for-new-users-70896/" target="_blank">http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-9-only-for-existing-customers-blufab-for-new-users-70896/</a> This is a fairly significant developement...
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>olyteddy</strong> <br>
It's a pity that some people will use any thread to push their agenda. Frankly I'm surprised that no one has chimed in that Plasma beats LCD hands down. Any way, this thread seems to have degenerated into a pissing match between kjfalls and techflaws.</div>
</div>
Recently DVDFab removed their Blu-ray copying and ripping capabilities due to legal issues in the United States. It can no longer decrypt AACS blu-rays in the US version.However,luckily a new tool has emerged on forums called Woookao which is easy to set up free addon can work very well with DVDFab and being able to remove the latest protections on new releases.

Here is the tutorial for you all : Backup Blu-ray movies with WoooKao and DVDFab:http://www.myce.com/article/tutorial...-dvdfab-72113/
post #550 of 568 Old 07-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So, how often are you gonna post about WooKao in this thread, especially after Kelson already made perfectly clear that people are on to you?

Tech Flaws
Things can only get better
post #551 of 568 Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techflaws View Post
So, how often are you gonna post about WooKao in this thread, especially after Kelson already made perfectly clear that people are on to you?
I think they are just doing what they can to try and convince new users that they should still pay full price for their software even though it has lost 90% of its utility when it no longer could decrypt BluRay. A smart shopper who is made aware of the score, is not going to pay full price for a bunch of mediocre utilities and then have to depend on the continued availability of a "mystery" 3rd party free app. as the missing piece to make it work. What happens when they get sued to remove the BD+ cracking module. I guess if I were a new user I would be spending that much money on an AnyDVD HD license.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #552 of 568 Old 07-16-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
I think they are just doing what they can to try and convince new users that they should still pay full price for their software even though it has lost 90% of its utility when it no longer could decrypt BluRay.
In your country (the USA) perhaps. But not for the rest of us within the 'free world'...

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #553 of 568 Old 07-16-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
In your country (the USA) perhaps. But not for the rest of us within the 'free world'...
Well of course in our country -- that is what this thread is about. DVD Fab Website is blocked in the US.

- kelson h

post #554 of 568 Old 07-18-2014, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
File didn't work for me

The file I got from the posted EU download link does not work for me. Did i do something wrong? I am desperate to get Bluray ripping to work so i can rip hi res music files from a couple new Bluray audio discs I just got.

Any suggestions?

Thx
post #555 of 568 Old 07-18-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDiAndrea View Post
The file I got from the posted EU download link does not work for me. Did i do something wrong? I am desperate to get Bluray ripping to work so i can rip hi res music files from a couple new Bluray audio discs I just got.
Are you a licensed user with a reg code? The free version apparently stopped working for newer releases after v9.1.3.6. Other licensed users have reported the EU version works for ripping BD's.

I don't know anything about ripping BD audio with DVD Fab. I don't even know if it can do that.

- kelson h

post #556 of 568 Old 07-18-2014, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
Are you a licensed user with a reg code? The free version apparently stopped working for newer releases after v9.1.3.6. Other licensed users have reported the EU version works for ripping BD's.

I don't know anything about ripping BD audio with DVD Fab. I don't even know if it can do that.

I have had a forever, or whatever it's called, license with DVDFab for a while now. To rip hi rez audio from a "Blu-ray Audio ONLY" disc or a regular BluRay Movie (concert Video), I also needed to use FabKey (forget exact name).

This really sucks. I just want to rip the music audio to place on my server.

By the way....thanks for your response.
post #557 of 568 Old 07-18-2014, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRDiAndrea View Post
To rip hi rez audio from a "Blu-ray Audio ONLY" disc or a regular BluRay Movie (concert Video), I also needed to use FabKey (forget exact name).
Do you mean PassKey?
PassKey for BluRay is not available in the US any more.

What module is your license for.

- kelson h

post #558 of 568 Old 07-20-2014, 11:22 AM

Liked: 10
Ok, so this might seem like a really dumb question, but how do i uninstall Woookao?? it seems to be interfering with Anydvd-HD on my machine. Win 7 install.
post #559 of 568 Old 07-20-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingCrown View Post
Ok, so this might seem like a really dumb question, but how do i uninstall Woookao?? it seems to be interfering with Anydvd-HD on my machine. Win 7 install.
Add/Remove Programs. DVDFab PassKey.
post #560 of 568 Old 07-20-2014, 11:39 AM

Liked: 10
thanks for the quick reply, so If i dont have passkey installed anymore (removed it the other day) but i have several old versions of dvdfab, should i assume that Woookao has been removed and its something else entirely thats causing my rips to fail?
post #561 of 568 Old 07-29-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026 View Post
For me if I can't get the exact quality of the disc I purchased than what is the point. The whole point for me of ripping all my discs is being able to access my entire media at the touch of a button without having to fumble around with discs. I see no benefit to Ultraviolet if it means to continue with this process I have to watch a degraded copy (or go back to using the physical disc which defeats the purpose in the first place)
Yep, I'm in the same exact place. I want full HD video and audio. Plus Ultraviolet is still a little discombobulated. You have to access through multiple services or you have to remember to remember which service it is you want to access through. Disney is doing its own thing. You get me a service that has full HD streaming and I'm on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesawi View Post
Restrictions on format shifting aren't primarily about reducing unauthorised distribution, they are about milking every last dollar from existing copyright. Over the past 30 years we've shifted from VHS to DVD to Bluray, and now to Digital. With physical distribution media, the copyright owner has been able to gain a royalty from each the format shift (first you bought a movie on VHS, then you bought the DVD version, and finally you bought the Bluray version). Software such as DVDFab allows the consumer to format shift to the latest distribution media (digital) without paying a royalty to the copyright owner.

Secondly, the world was traditionally segregated into distinct distribution markets with each market having different pricing based on what the individual market was prepared to pay for the product. Generally this also included an intermediary who had the exclusive rights to distribute in that particular market, and took a cut of the sales. This enabled the copyright owner to maximise their profits. DRM on DVD and Blu Ray allow the copyright owners to maintain these structures and economic rents. With increased globalisation and associated ease of access by consumers to other markets, consumers realised they could parallel import content at a much cheaper price than buying locally. In order to do this, tools such as DVDFab are necessary to remove the geographic restrictions on the media.

Format shifting and market segmentation are the biggest cash cows for the content industry, and hence their desire to limit the availablility of tools which challenge their exclusive monopoly on distribution.

I pay for the digital version whenever it is available. I like to be able to say, I spent money on every available version so the studios can't say they lost money. But they aren't even offering a full HD streaming service or digital copy. What they are really doing is hurting themselves just like the MPAA did with digital music. The MPAA fought and fought. And now you can buy high quality DRM free audio on iTunes. I buy one copy and I play it on all my devices anywhere I happen to be. Furthermore, I don't even have to pay for the entire album. I just buy the songs I want.
post #562 of 568 Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Which contributes more to the "death" of the industry than any piracy. Not that any of the content owners would ever admit this.

Tech Flaws
Things can only get better
post #563 of 568 Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Jeez...

It looks like you guys in the USA are going to get your 'fair use' rights squeezed even more. As the AARC (Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies) are suing Ford and GM for millions over CD ripping technology in cars: -

Link: http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...g_tech_in_cars

Cheers

I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear
post #564 of 568 Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 86
It says "The suit seeks millions of dollars to be paid by each of the companies for violating the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992. The Act protects against distributing digital audio recording devices whose primary purpose is to rip copyrighted material."

I do not think they have a case because ripping is not the primary purpose. In fact I have never done it in my BMWs. My music from various sources is loaded to the car HD from thumbnail drives. Most people use it that way. They could outlaw the ripping in the car and my music files will still get to the HD easier.
post #565 of 568 Old 07-30-2014, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 53
[QUOTE=Gary J;26155610]It says "The suit seeks millions of dollars to be paid by each of the companies for violating the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992. The Act protects against distributing digital audio recording devices whose primary purpose is to rip copyrighted material."

I do not think they have a case because .... [QUOTE]

It will really come down to whether GM and Ford are willing to spend money to defend the suit. Whatever they do, it will increase the cost of their cars.
post #566 of 568 Old 07-30-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 86
Again it says "The suit seeks millions of dollars to be paid by each of the companies" so I am betting they are "willing to spend money to defend the suit".
post #567 of 568 Old 07-30-2014, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaayoung View Post
It will really come down to whether GM and Ford are willing to spend money to defend the suit.
If they don't then what's next. Play a CD in your car with the windows down and get sued for not paying public performance royalties?

- kelson h

post #568 of 568 Old 07-31-2014, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
Jeez...

It looks like you guys in the USA are going to get your 'fair use' rights squeezed even more. As the AARC (Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies) are suing Ford and GM for millions over CD ripping technology in cars: -

Link: http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...g_tech_in_cars

Cheers
I chuckled over the reader comment: Another example of the "no lawyer left behind act."

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page