Amazon Fire TV + HuluPlus + Netflix + AmazonPrime + _________________ - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to make the jump on cutting the cord.

1. Ordered the brand new Amazon Fire TV today.

2. Subscribed to HuluPlus, Netflix, and AmazonPrime

3. I need reccomendations on an OTA antenna that can reach 60 miles to my east. If shows will be on HuluPlus the following day, is there a need for the antenna? I suppose NFL games and such would be nice. Thoughts?

4. Is the DVR+ worth the investment?

Will I be good to go??? Totally putting faith in all of you, no pressure smile.gif

pfan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 45
60 miles, do you have a tower? You might want to start your research at antennaweb.org.

What made you decide to cut the cord now? Because the Fire TV doesn't do much of anything that a Roku couldn't already do. Just hope you carefully considered what you are giving up by cord cutting. Timing seems a little hype driven.

Matt
post #3 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 320
I have a roku 3 and a xbmc box best combination so far.I would like to see first a more detailed review of this box the pros and cons and how it perform, I think that jumping on a device that its new to the market its a miss or hit.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /2 PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos for bedrooms,kitchen,bathroom/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos surrounds.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 03:34 PM

No HBOGO, now available through direct and comcast. Another complaint I read was the bluetooth remote, an installer said he could never get bluetooth to work with any 3rd party remote, only robust IR or IP.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 06:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 13
post #6 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter

We have planned on doing this to save some money and we don't really watch a lot of TV especially live TV. Hulu has most of our shows a day later which is when we normally do with DVR. I need some advice on the antenna. Can't live without my packers.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-02-2014, 09:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfan1981 View Post

Looking to make the jump on cutting the cord.

1. Ordered the brand new Amazon Fire TV today.

2. Subscribed to HuluPlus, Netflix, and AmazonPrime

3. I need reccomendations on an OTA antenna that can reach 60 miles to my east. If shows will be on HuluPlus the following day, is there a need for the antenna? I suppose NFL games and such would be nice. Thoughts?

4. Is the DVR+ worth the investment?

Will I be good to go??? Totally putting faith in all of you, no pressure smile.gif

pfan
it depends on what you're going to be watching current CBS shows are non-existent on Hulu and Hulu Plus so if you want those an antenna and a recorder (dvr) make sense. And of course there is football. ABC,FOX, and NBC are well represented on Hulu plus. As far as antenna's go you have any height limitations and are you at the bottom of a large hill to your east, reception is a line of sight thing. I know some parts of Wisconsin tend to be flatter than others.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page