no Dolby Digital sound on passthrough (NeoTV550) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-06-2014, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
goodoldman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi

Im using NeoTV550 media player connected with Onkyo AVR (model RC-360) with optical cable SPDIF for sound.

The neoTV player is connected with HDMI to the TV.

In the player audio setting everything is set for "passthru to SPDIF" except AAC and decode to PCM.

I can get sound from my receiver and can select different normal listing modes.

If i change AAC to "passthru to SPDIF" my receiver shows DOLBY DIGITAL on the front screen but i do not get any sound from speakers.

I like to see DD/DTS and want my receiver to do the decoding. Please help. what should be the right settings i should select.

goodoldman5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 05-06-2014, 05:05 PM
Member
 
fmedrano1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So you have SPDIF from player to receiver and also a HDMI from player to TV?

Emm Eight
fmedrano1977 is online now  
post #3 of 6 Old 05-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Member
 
fmedrano1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
If so have you tried pass through to TV via HDMI and then SPDIF from TV to receiver?

I don't have that media player but I stream movies with DD & DTS to my TV and pass the audio to my receiver through SPDIF and it works. Only thing I have to do sometimes is go into my TV menu SPDIF settings and change it from PCM to DD or DTS.

Emm Eight
fmedrano1977 is online now  
post #4 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoldman5 View Post

Hi
Im using NeoTV550 media player connected with Onkyo AVR (model RC-360) with optical cable SPDIF for sound.
The neoTV player is connected with HDMI to the TV.
In the player audio setting everything is set for "passthru to SPDIF" except AAC and decode to PCM.
I can get sound from my receiver and can select different normal listing modes.
If i change AAC to "passthru to SPDIF" my receiver shows DOLBY DIGITAL on the front screen but i do not get any sound from speakers.
I like to see DD/DTS and want my receiver to do the decoding. Please help. what should be the right settings i should select.

You're more likely to get your questions answered on the NeoTV-550 forum.

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Movies

Mr.G is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
goodoldman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

No i have not tried that, I will try that and see if that makes any difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmedrano1977 View Post

If so have you tried pass through to TV via HDMI and then SPDIF from TV to receiver?

I don't have that media player but I stream movies with DD & DTS to my TV and pass the audio to my receiver through SPDIF and it works. Only thing I have to do sometimes is go into my TV menu SPDIF settings and change it from PCM to DD or DTS.

Emm Eight
goodoldman5 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 05-07-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
goodoldman5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post


You're more likely to get your questions answered on the NeoTV-550 forum.

http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111


thanks.will try that forum too, but i thought may be someone here had the same problem and got any answers.

goodoldman5 is offline  
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming
Gear in this thread - (NeoTV550) by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off