Yadis 3.0 ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 03:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi,i post my question here,cause in mpcclup nobody ask about it,and by myself i cant post anymore in this Forum,cause they doesnt send an email to confirm to register(i only changed my email and after i was out):mad:

So,whats about Fred-L and his famous Moviescraper called "Yadis"

Obviously Fred-L have now another Hobby or what else,so should we seriously give it up to wait from an answer from him.

In Roadmap of yadis 3.0 it stuck since 1 year ago by 60% and nothing happens.

Mr.Eric says he worked on it but i cant believe that,it was nice something to hear from Fred-L himself.

Btw:Sorry for my bad English...

Greets Calahan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 04:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I would say at this point lets assume there will be no Yadis 3.0. Its been so long and with the possibility of new media players coming out that will support hevc (h.265) we may have to use a different program to display artwork. If we do eventually get a Yadis 3.0 then we lucked out.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewhale1 View Post

I would say at this point lets assume there will be no Yadis 3.0. Its been so long and with the possibility of new media players coming out that will support hevc (h.265) we may have to use a different program to display artwork. If we do eventually get a Yadis 3.0 then we lucked out.

What have a new codec to do with a Moviescraper?

post #4 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post

What have a new codec to do with a Moviescraper?

If we have to jump on a new player that Yadis doesn't support or Fred-L doesn't have time to do then we won't see it. The longer we wait the less the demand/need for it.

Long story short I don't think there will be a Yadis 3.0. I hope I'm wrong but only Fred-L knows and Mr Eric can only tell use what Fred-L tells him.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

If we have to jump on a new player that Yadis doesn't support or Fred-L doesn't have time to do then we won't see it. The longer we wait the less the demand/need for it.

Long story short I don't think there will be a Yadis 3.0. I hope I'm wrong but only Fred-L knows and Mr Eric can only tell use what Fred-L tells him.

I almost suspect that you have right.

What else,yadis 2.3 is good enough with a Dune Player.

post #6 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

I have 4 Dunes(3 Smart D1 and a Dune Base 3.0) all my movies are on a Synology ds1812+. I am using both Yadis 2.3 and Zappiti. You are going to have to try different ones and use the one you like. The options that I know of are listed on the mpcclub website

Yadis 2.3
Zappiti
Mymovies
DFI (Dune flash inteface)
MyDuneVideo(coming just not sure when)
Movienizer
10muse
post #7 of 9 Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I can't tell much unfortunately. Latest news are from end of last year and Fred was still building a brand new yadis from scrap. But it doesn't go fast at all, that's sure.

I don't want to bother him with questions about yadis anymore. It will be done when it will be done...

I think that the main thing is that he's happy with yadis as it is. Knowing that he made it for his personal use, there might be not much motivation to go further for him and that's why it's so slow to move.
post #8 of 9 Old 05-14-2014, 02:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

I can't tell much unfortunately. Latest news are from end of last year and Fred was still building a brand new yadis from scrap. But it doesn't go fast at all, that's sure.

I don't want to bother him with questions about yadis anymore. It will be done when it will be done...

I think that the main thing is that he's happy with yadis as it is. Knowing that he made it for his personal use, there might be not much motivation to go further for him and that's why it's so slow to move.

He should yadis as a shareware,its absolutly worth to pay for it.

I try all the other ones,and nothing comes on yadis.

For me "yadis" is the Number 1 to organize Movies and TV-Shows:cool:

post #9 of 9 Old 05-14-2014, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I have 4 Dunes(3 Smart D1 and a Dune Base 3.0) all my movies are on a Synology ds1812+. I am using both Yadis 2.3 and Zappiti. You are going to have to try different ones and use the one you like. The options that I know of are listed on the mpcclub website

Yadis 2.3
Zappiti
Mymovies
DFI (Dune flash inteface)
MyDuneVideo(coming just not sure when)
Movienizer
10muse

I have a Dune H1 and all my Movies are on the HDD inside my Dune,can i use it as a NAS to share my Movies with other Mediaplayers ( i try it with a Samsung BD Player,but it doesnt detect my Dune,cause DLNA is not support by Dune).

Btw:Obviously all BD Players with a Network can only share over this worthless DLNA or iam wrong?

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming