Not seeing YaDis from my dune - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 51 Old 05-14-2014, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I hooked up mu new Smart D1 tonight to test it. It found my media collection on drive M: How do I export what I've scraped to the Dune. I did enter the path correctly but have noticed that the "export" tab is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 05-14-2014, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK I think I know the ,or part of the problem. Under the general tab workspace auto filled but the box for Dune Interface is blank.
What am I to enter here. I assume the fact that this box is blank is why the export button is not working. Am I to tell it where my MKV files are or am I to make a folder on my drive M: for YaDis and put that address in Dune Interface. I have been looking but have not found any instructions to use this.

Current owner of the last/best AmPro on the planet. The mighty 4600HD, and it's still running...better than Barco's, especially southern ones.
post #3 of 51 Old 05-15-2014, 03:12 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefuel View Post

OK I think I know the ,or part of the problem. Under the general tab workspace auto filled but the box for Dune Interface is blank.
What am I to enter here. I assume the fact that this box is blank is why the export button is not working. Am I to tell it where my MKV files are or am I to make a folder on my drive M: for YaDis and put that address in Dune Interface. I have been looking but have not found any instructions to use this.

Maybe it help

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27649

post #4 of 51 Old 05-15-2014, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK I screwed up. I put my Yadis file (Dune interface Location) in the wrong place. Now I don't see my files. It shows "empty" even after deleting the folder from the wrong location. All the movies are still in the server as I can watch them from the local monitor. How do I do a factory reset and start from scratch again or is there a better way to get it to see my files again? Note: I did not do the FW update that I saw was available upon first power up. Was saving that for later. Prior to mis placing this folder, I was able to see and play a movie from the Dunes generic interface.

post #5 of 51 Old 05-15-2014, 03:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Have a look at the tutorial I made here for a better understanding about how to set up yadis :

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=253354#post253354
post #6 of 51 Old 05-15-2014, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I will read it when I get home tonight but is there a way to do a factory reset on the Dune?

post #7 of 51 Old 05-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Why would you need to do a factory reset ?

If you deleted the yadis export folder that's all you need to do. Just reexport somewhere where your dune can read the folder.
post #8 of 51 Old 05-15-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:

I will read it when I get home tonight but is there a way to do a factory reset on the Dune?

Setup-->General-->Reset Settings,you can chose between Full Reset( thats the Factory Reset) or Soft Reset.

post #9 of 51 Old 05-16-2014, 02:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post

Why would you need to do a factory reset ?

If you deleted the yadis export folder that's all you need to do. Just reexport somewhere where your dune can read the folder.

I did delete the yadis folder but the Dune is still reporting the movie file storage location as empty. That happened as soon as I exported to the wrong location. I was hoping a factory reset, starting from scratch would solve the problem. I have been reading a couple of other threads and seen a couple of youtube video's where it was suggested to install a small thumb drive to the D1's internal usb port.
Is this a good option for me before I continue on?
I couldn't look at this last night. I got stuck on a emergency job and didn't get home until 9:30 with no lunch or coffee break. I was beat. I hope there's some lurkers here tonight. I want to get this sucker working.

post #10 of 51 Old 05-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Advanced Member

If the yadis menu was starting but when you try to launch a movie it failed then it's a dune path problem. Did you correctly setup the dune path in the yadis configuration menu ?

Your export folder can be anywhere. The easiest is to use a small thumb USB drive to plug in or outside the dune on a free USB port, then export to this drive and read this exported folder from the dune UI.

Before going further you should really read the tutorial, everything is explained with screenshots (I tried to do it easy enough for any newcomer to understand everything)
post #11 of 51 Old 05-16-2014, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK I'm back to where I was before I got into trouble. I can now see my server and play a movie from the generic Dune interface. I'm going out to get a thumb drive and probably install it on the inside usb port for simplicities sake. Then read the guide again and see if I can get this going.

post #12 of 51 Old 05-17-2014, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK, need a little help here so I'll do the best I can to explain. I have a older Dell work station OS and programs are on drive C:. my storage is a raid 5 array called media (M) in this folder M:\MKV.
Now I have installed a thumb drive into the Dune and the Dune sees it I assume I will have to create a folder on the thumb drive to send YaDis to. What should I name that folder?
Now back to Yadis setup screen. Under the "general tab" I have selected the following,

Language English
Profile Dune
workspace auto filled with C:\Program Files\Yadis\workspace
Dune interface location unsure about this. Is this the folder yet to be named on the thumb drive?
Automatically add new movies to a selection un checked
Ignore articles for the sort of movies un checked
Movie database TMDb
Certification MPAA (US)

Under the folders tab

top box shows M:\MKV under it is greyed out but reads
Storage_label://Media/MKV Think this needs to be changed because the file is going to the thumb drive IN the Dune?

Interface tab shows

Template Origins
options all checked
synopsis format JPG
Recently added Activate checked
Period 60 days

This is where I am so far. There's a new thum drive in the Dune. I thought I read that the Dune would automatically see it (it did) and would format it (it didn't) I have not seen anywhere in the Dunes menu on how to format it.

post #13 of 51 Old 05-17-2014, 07:29 AM

Quote:

If the yadis menu was starting but when you try to launch a movie it failed then it's a dune path problem. Did you correctly setup the dune path in the yadis configuration menu ?

Your export folder can be anywhere. The easiest is to use a small thumb USB drive to plug in or outside the dune on a free USB port, then export to this drive and read this exported folder from the dune UI.

Before going further you should really read the tutorial, everything is explained with screenshots (I tried to do it easy enough for any newcomer to understand everything)

Whats wrong with Mr Eric's Tutorial,it explain every single Step.

The Thumb Drive can be formated with Dune ( select your Thumbdrive and press Info Button on your RC)

post #14 of 51 Old 05-17-2014, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm sure there's nothing wrong with it. I am a hardware guy. If it's fixable I can fix it. However, I am all thumbs when it comes to software. OK the Dune manual says it will format the thumb drive in EXT2.
However, it gives me the option of EXT2, EXT3 or NTFS. should I let it default to EXT2?

post #15 of 51 Old 05-19-2014, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, I made some progress. I did get the movie wall up. I was able to navigate around the screen and select a movie to pull up full screen cover art. When I tried to make the movie play, it would not.
I tried different paths but then only had the backdrop for the movie wall. Then I tried going back the way I had it but still just the backdrop. Also, I have been looking around the Dunes menu and don't see where you can set it to boot directly to YaDis

post #16 of 51 Old 05-20-2014, 02:42 AM

Quote:

OK, I made some progress. I did get the movie wall up. I was able to navigate around the screen and select a movie to pull up full screen cover art. When I tried to make the movie play, it would not.
I tried different paths but then only had the backdrop for the movie wall. Then I tried going back the way I had it but still just the backdrop. Also, I have been looking around the Dunes menu and don't see where you can set it to boot directly to YaDis

Storage_label://Media/MKV Think this needs to be changed because the file is going to the thumb drive IN the Dune? 

1.Try this one:

nfs://ip of your Dell:/M:/Media/MKV

2.Check on your Dune Player system files hide is ON--> Setup-->Miscellaneous-->File Browser-->Hide System Files-->YES

3.To directly boot to yadis-->Setup-->Miscellaneous-->Power Management-->Launch favorite item on power-on-->chose" yadis"

post #17 of 51 Old 05-20-2014, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks. Will get back to this tonight

post #18 of 51 Old 05-20-2014, 04:54 AM
Advanced Member

for #1 other alternative for the path (nfs can be tricky to set up, but calahan path should be OK) :

smb://iP of your Dell/Media/MKV

remember that if you use a login/password to connect to your dell you will need to add it to the path. So it should be something like this :
smb://login:password(at)Ip of your Dell/Media/Mkv (can't write the "at" sign...)
post #19 of 51 Old 05-20-2014, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Nothing seems to be working. A question about formatting the internal thumb drive I installed was not answered so I let the Dune format it to EXT2 So I figured I would reformat to EXT2 again and clear all the junk I have been trying. So I tried I tried reformatting to EXT2 first and got a error message and the format was aborted. It was telling me that it wasn't formatted to EXT2 or EXT3. I have another thumb drive here to try. What of the three formats should I format it to?

post #20 of 51 Old 05-20-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK, making progressI have my movie wall back that I can navigate around but when I try to play the movie (Avatar) I get
"Failed to open URL"
URL: Storage_label://Media/MKV/Avatar.MKV

Also, I have YaDis starting up on power up. However, it boots up to the back drop with the banner on the bottom with the menu selection. No movies showing. If I go all the way to the right and select
"Types" a pop-up comes up with "Matroska" on it. If I click enter again, a fully populated movie wall appears.

I can't be to far off now.

post #21 of 51 Old 05-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member

Did you read the tutorial ? Everything is explained. Stop messing around doing random things and read it. You even didn't read calahan post or mine which contains the answer to your Failed to open URL problem...
post #22 of 51 Old 05-21-2014, 03:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Did you read the tutorial ? Everything is explained. Stop messing around doing random things and read it. You even didn't read calahan post or mine which contains the answer to your Failed to open URL problem...

Yes I did read it and yes I did follow calahans instuctions for both path and getting yadis to boot on power up. His instructions for booting to Yadis works fine. I also tried the path you suggested and still nothing. That's when I found a problem with the thumb drive that I was using. I removed it and tried a second thumb drive formatted to "EXT2". Starting over again with his nfs path first. I think I wasted a bunch of time trying to make this work with a corrupted thumb drive. I ran out of time last night. I will try your SMB path tonight with a good thumb drive installed. Sorry if you think I'm "messing around" but nothing worked until I swapped out the thumb drive

post #23 of 51 Old 05-21-2014, 05:05 AM

Quote:

Yes I did read it and yes I did follow calahans instuctions for both path and getting yadis to boot on power up. His instructions for booting to Yadis works fine. I also tried the path you suggested and still nothing. That's when I found a problem with the thumb drive that I was using. I removed it and tried a second thumb drive formatted to "EXT2". Starting over again with his nfs path first. I think I wasted a bunch of time trying to make this work with a corrupted thumb drive. I ran out of time last night. I will try your SMB path tonight with a good thumb drive installed. Sorry if you think I'm "messing around" but nothing worked until I swapped out the thumb driveY

You can also use a SD Card ( i use it ).

About formatting,it play's no role,you can use EXT2,EXT3 or NTFS.

post #24 of 51 Old 05-22-2014, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Still not working. Dune boots up to a empty screen wall but with the menu banner on the bottom. When I hit the enter button for movies or recently added movies the banner goes away and I see empty in the top left corner. When I Have the banner up on movies and I tap the info button it shows folder 00 and location 00. All other Yadis menu functions under the banner seem to work.

post #25 of 51 Old 05-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes I did read it and yes I did follow calahans instuctions for both path and getting yadis to boot on power up. His instructions for booting to Yadis works fine. I also tried the path you suggested and still nothing. That's when I found a problem with the thumb drive that I was using. I removed it and tried a second thumb drive formatted to "EXT2". Starting over again with his nfs path first. I think I wasted a bunch of time trying to make this work with a corrupted thumb drive. I ran out of time last night. I will try your SMB path tonight with a good thumb drive installed. Sorry if you think I'm "messing around" but nothing worked until I swapped out the thumb drive

sorry if i've been a bit harsh in my comment, but nothing gets me more crazy than people not RTFM... wink.gif
post #26 of 51 Old 05-22-2014, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Still not working. Dune boots up to a empty screen wall but with the menu banner on the bottom. When I hit the enter button for movies or recently added movies the banner goes away and I see empty in the top left corner. When I Have the banner up on movies and I tap the info button it shows folder 00 and location 00. All other Yadis menu functions under the banner seem to work.

did you checked that ? :

2.Check on your Dune Player if system files hide is ON--> Setup-->Miscellaneous-->File Browser-->Hide System Files-->YES
post #27 of 51 Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:

did you checked that ? :

2.Check on your Dune Player if system files hide is ON--> Setup-->Miscellaneous-->File Browser-->Hide System Files-->YES

I hope he checked it already,cause i said him several Post's before:rolleyes:

post #28 of 51 Old 05-22-2014, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post

I hope he checked it already,cause i said him several Post's before:rolleyes:

No need to roll your eyes buddy. I did check that when told to and it is correct. In fact it was that way by default as I did not have to change it.

post #29 of 51 Old 05-22-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:

No need to roll your eyes buddy. I did check that when told to and it is correct. In fact it was that way by default as I did not have to change it.

Good luck with yadis, i am out.It makes no sense anymore to trying help.

Maybe Mr Eric will,but i guess he give it also up ,Buddy;).

post #30 of 51 Old 05-22-2014, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calahan View Post

Good luck with yadis, i am out.It makes no sense anymore to trying help.
Maybe Mr Eric will,but i guess he give it also up ,Buddy;) .

That's fine. If all you can come up with is giving me crap for doing EXACTLY what you told me to do then I don't want your help. Have a nice day

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page