post #1 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Media player that can play full bluray menus

Hi.

I was looking one media player that can do the following:

01. Play all 2d and 3d movie files like m2ts, mkv(Even 3d side by side or top - bottom), bd-iso, ts e.t.c.
02. Play FULL BLURAY MENU and not the lite that has many media players of one complete bluray movie rip into one bd-iso file
03. All sounds like dts-hd, dts, truehd, ac3 and can downconvert it into simle stereo for a 3dtv or simple tv
04. It has ethernet port so i can stream movie files e.t.c. from my windows7 laptop without dlna program

Last edited by fits79; 06-26-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 335
No new players support full BD menus any more. That was killed by licensing requirements that would force inclusion of Cinavia. If you want 3D capabilities, look at Mede8ter and their associated threads. Cost ~$200

If you can live without 3D, nothing touches the WDTV Live for $80.
Yeah, that's right -- 3D support will cost you an extra $120. Is it worth it?

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Already have the wd tv live gen3 but IT DOESN'T support full bluray menu so......

And as i know ONLY THE bluray player search the cinavia protection at any rip.

Any media player that support full bluray menu it can play normally any bd-iso so...

The dune hd tv-102 support full bluray menu?
post #4 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

The last Dune players that supported BD menus were the Smart series.
No new media players support full BD menus.
Your only choice is whether or not you want to spend a lot extra to just get 3D support.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #5 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

As I see the media tv-320 support and 3d movies.

And one more time ONLY THE BLURAY players was asking for Cinavia protection all others media players doesn't Need these protection to play that kind of movies.

How you are so sure that doesn't exist media players that support full BLURAY menu;
post #6 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
We are sure because it was discussed many time. If you want to play BR with menus you need a real BDA license which comes with cinavia. If you don't want cinavia you can't have the license and won't be able to play the menus.

Best 2d player with menus : dune smart. It's discontinued but you can find second hand units.
Best 3d player without menu : mede8er x3d range.
post #7 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Yes but even at bs-player if i ripped one bluray it doesn't play the menu because it doesn't have the cinavia protection isn't there any way to play full bluray menus at ripped movies?
post #8 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Try http://www.iboum.com/net-media-players.php to look for what you want.

Unfortunately, like the Rolling Stones sang, you can't always get what you want. If you do find it, please post!
post #9 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Already know this site and i believed that this choice " BD-ISO (menu)" meaned the full support of bluray movies but as i see it doesn't.

So even i buy one bluray player it CAN'T play the full menu of bluray ripped movies correct?

So it isn't any way with any device that i can play full bluray menus of bluray ripped movies correct?

Last edited by fits79; 06-23-2014 at 01:07 PM.
post #10 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
So even i buy one bluray player it CAN'T play the full menu of bluray ripped movies correct?

So it isn't any way with any device that i can play full bluray menus of bluray ripped movies correct?
As eric quoted you above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Eric View Post
Best 2d player with menus : dune smart. It's discontinued but you can find second hand units.
Best 3d player without menu : mede8er x3d range.
Other than that, there are no new players that support BD menus.

- kelson h

post #11 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

So the dune hd tv-102 support full bluray at 2d movies but not at 3d correct?

Why not at 3d movies? I belive the format of menu's e.t.c. it is the same as for 2d movies.
The only change is that 3d bluray movies has new protections like cinavia that it doesn't support any of media player correct?
post #12 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
[QUOTE=Kelson;25190313]No new players support full BD menus any more. That was killed by licensing requirements that would force inclusion of Cinavia. If you want 3D capabilities, look at Mede8ter and their associated threads. Cost ~$200

I have the KDLINKS HD 720 and supports full menu on BR disc of all my blu-ray SOPRANOS episodes.

MickinCT
post #13 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

If the disc is original then everyone tells that it would play it.

If the disc is full ripped and 2d the people here tell it would play normally with menu
BUT
if the full ripped is 3d movie then it doesn't play the menu of this ripped bd-iso file.

So the sopranos disk is 2d NOT 3D.
If you can try one 3d full ripped disc to see if it played normally with the full bluray menu or not.
post #14 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
If the disc is original then everyone tells that it would play it.

If the disc is full ripped and 2d the people here tell it would play normally with menu
BUT
if the full ripped is 3d movie then it doesn't play the menu of this ripped bd-iso file.

So the sopranos disk is 2d NOT 3D.
If you can try one 3d full ripped disc to see if it played normally with the full bluray menu or not.
sorry do not have 3d blu rays.

MickinCT
post #15 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

You can borrow one from video club and ripped with anydvd hd to test the ripped bd-iso you create with anydvd hd to see if it plays menu or not.
post #16 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
You can borrow one from video club and ripped with anydvd hd to test the ripped bd-iso you create with anydvd hd to see if it plays menu or not.
YOU CAN ASK IN THIS thread..... *Official* KDLinks HD*** Streaming Media Player Thread

MickinCT
post #17 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickinct View Post
I have the KDLINKS HD 720 and supports full menu on BR disc of all my blu-ray SOPRANOS episodes.
Really. I'll have to take a closer look.

- kelson h

post #18 of 27 Old 06-23-2014, 09:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Hi.

I was looking one media player that can do the following:

01. Play all 2d and 3d movie files like m2ts, mkv(Even 3d side by side or top - bottom), bd-iso, ts e.t.c.
02. Play FULL BLURAY MENU and not the lite that has many media players of one complete bluray movie rip into one bd-iso file
03. All sounds like dts-hd, dts, truehd, ac3 and can downconvert it into simle stereo for a 3dtv or simple tv
04. It has ethernet port so i can stream movie files e.t.c. from my windows7 laptop without dlna program

I want to cost 200 dollars even it is used.
This player does not exist. The only players that do full bluray menus are the older Dune HD models which don't do 3D. Even if you can do without 3D you'll be hard pressed to find one a used one for under $350.00.

Looky here!
post #19 of 27 Old 06-26-2014, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter

So which is the cheapest media player that maybe support full bluray menu at 2d/3d movies?

Does the
popcornhour a-300 or a-400 support?
Does the dune hd tv-303 or hd base 3d?
post #20 of 27 Old 06-26-2014, 05:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 33
none of the players you are listing supports BR menus and 3D movies.

Again, it's 2D and menus or 3D without menus. I think that the answers given here and on mpcc are clear enough.
post #21 of 27 Old 06-26-2014, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

I DON'T UNDERSTAND why it is so hard to some media player support 2d full bluray ripped menus and NOT support 3d full bluray ripped menus????

The new version of cinavia is so good that still anyone doesn't find a patch to get rid of it so we can play any 3d movie menus?
post #22 of 27 Old 06-26-2014, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I DON'T UNDERSTAND why it is so hard to some media player support 2d full bluray ripped menus and NOT support 3d full bluray ripped menus????
Well, no one here has an answer for that. All we can tell you is what we have been telling you -- that what you want doesn't exist and probably never will. You will either have to compromise or forget about it altogether.

- kelson h

post #23 of 27 Old 06-26-2014, 02:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

The new version of cinavia is so good that still anyone doesn't find a patch to get rid of it so we can play any 3d movie menus?
Its a package deal if you want any bluray menu you support you have to get a BD licenses after 2013 any new licenses has to come with cinavia. Its not 2d vs 3d or anything like that. older players like the dune and pch were able to do full menus because they got in before the requirement for cinavia. As for boxes like kdlinks running xbmc that support some menus this is because xbmc/ffmpeg added basic menu support for some bluray menus it does not work for all of them.
post #24 of 27 Old 07-22-2014, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfelite View Post
Its a package deal if you want any bluray menu you support you have to get a BD licenses after 2013 any new licenses has to come with cinavia. Its not 2d vs 3d or anything like that. older players like the dune and pch were able to do full menus because they got in before the requirement for cinavia. As for boxes like kdlinks running xbmc that support some menus this is because xbmc/ffmpeg added basic menu support for some bluray menus it does not work for all of them.
As i see here some dune media player can play bd-iso files with full support of menu without the limitations of cinavia protection.

Is this true?

Does anyone has any of these dune models that claim it can do this?

So does anyone find any other media or bluray player that can play bd-iso files with full menu support even at 3d bluray bd-iso files.

A LOT OF THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND YOUR ANSWERS.
post #25 of 27 Old 07-22-2014, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
As i see here some dune media player can play bd-iso files with full support of menu without the limitations of cinavia protection.

Is this true?

Does anyone has any of these dune models that claim it can do this?

So does anyone find any other media or bluray player that can play bd-iso files with full menu support even at 3d bluray bd-iso files.

A LOT OF THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND YOUR ANSWERS.
The simple answer to your question - NO

No media player (non-discontinued models) that supports full bd menu. I think it has been covered earlier in this thread that older dune players support full bd menu but not 3d

Simple answer for your problem is HTPC
post #26 of 27 Old 07-22-2014, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Htpc has mentioning and by other members but it is TOOOOOO expensive to buy it so.....

And ok i don't want 3d menu support i want a complete 2d bluray movie menus support so.....

Is there any that kind bluray or media player or not?
post #27 of 27 Old 07-22-2014, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Quote:
Htpc has mentioning and by other members but it is TOOOOOO expensive to buy it so.....

And ok i don't want 3d menu support i want a complete 2d bluray movie menus support so.....

Is there any that kind bluray or media player or not?
You've already been given a few choices of players that support menus. They are mostly all discontinued though, so you will need to look at ebay or the secondary market for them. There are NO new players that I am aware of that support 2d menus because of the already mentioned reasons. You can ask it in different ways, but the answer will be the same. In order to get 3d support you will need to get a player that does NOT support menus at all. If you want 2d menus then you will need to get a player that doesn't support 3d files. You need to make a choice what is more important to you ANY menu system at all or 3d support.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page