AVS Forum banner

Media player until 200$

1K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Ph8te 
#1 · (Edited)
Media player that can play full bluray menus

Hi.

I was looking one media player that can do the following:

01. Play all 2d and 3d movie files like m2ts, mkv(Even 3d side by side or top - bottom), bd-iso, ts e.t.c.
02. Play FULL BLURAY MENU and not the lite that has many media players of one complete bluray movie rip into one bd-iso file
03. All sounds like dts-hd, dts, truehd, ac3 and can downconvert it into simle stereo for a 3dtv or simple tv
04. It has ethernet port so i can stream movie files e.t.c. from my windows7 laptop without dlna program

#2 ·
No new players support full BD menus any more. That was killed by licensing requirements that would force inclusion of Cinavia. If you want 3D capabilities, look at Mede8ter and their associated threads. Cost ~$200

If you can live without 3D, nothing touches the WDTV Live for $80.
Yeah, that's right -- 3D support will cost you an extra $120. Is it worth it?

#4 ·
The last Dune players that supported BD menus were the Smart series.
No new media players support full BD menus.
Your only choice is whether or not you want to spend a lot extra to just get 3D support.

#5 ·
As I see the media tv-320 support and 3d movies.

And one more time ONLY THE BLURAY players was asking for Cinavia protection all others media players doesn't Need these protection to play that kind of movies.

How you are so sure that doesn't exist media players that support full BLURAY menu;

#6 ·
We are sure because it was discussed many time. If you want to play BR with menus you need a real BDA license which comes with cinavia. If you don't want cinavia you can't have the license and won't be able to play the menus.

Best 2d player with menus : dune smart. It's discontinued but you can find second hand units.
Best 3d player without menu : mede8er x3d range.

#10 ·
So even i buy one bluray player it CAN'T play the full menu of bluray ripped movies correct?

So it isn't any way with any device that i can play full bluray menus of bluray ripped movies correct?
As eric quoted you above

Best 2d player with menus : dune smart. It's discontinued but you can find second hand units.
Best 3d player without menu : mede8er x3d range.
Other than that, there are no new players that support BD menus.

#11 ·
So the dune hd tv-102 support full bluray at 2d movies but not at 3d correct?

Why not at 3d movies? I belive the format of menu's e.t.c. it is the same as for 2d movies.
The only change is that 3d bluray movies has new protections like cinavia that it doesn't support any of media player correct?

#13 ·
If the disc is original then everyone tells that it would play it.

If the disc is full ripped and 2d the people here tell it would play normally with menu
BUT
if the full ripped is 3d movie then it doesn't play the menu of this ripped bd-iso file.

So the sopranos disk is 2d NOT 3D.
If you can try one 3d full ripped disc to see if it played normally with the full bluray menu or not.

#18 ·
Hi.

I was looking one media player that can do the following:

01. Play all 2d and 3d movie files like m2ts, mkv(Even 3d side by side or top - bottom), bd-iso, ts e.t.c.
02. Play FULL BLURAY MENU and not the lite that has many media players of one complete bluray movie rip into one bd-iso file
03. All sounds like dts-hd, dts, truehd, ac3 and can downconvert it into simle stereo for a 3dtv or simple tv
04. It has ethernet port so i can stream movie files e.t.c. from my windows7 laptop without dlna program

I want to cost 200 dollars even it is used.
This player does not exist. The only players that do full bluray menus are the older Dune HD models which don't do 3D. Even if you can do without 3D you'll be hard pressed to find one a used one for under $350.00.

#21 ·
I DON'T UNDERSTAND why it is so hard to some media player support 2d full bluray ripped menus and NOT support 3d full bluray ripped menus????

The new version of cinavia is so good that still anyone doesn't find a patch to get rid of it so we can play any 3d movie menus?

#22 ·
I DON'T UNDERSTAND why it is so hard to some media player support 2d full bluray ripped menus and NOT support 3d full bluray ripped menus????
Well, no one here has an answer for that. All we can tell you is what we have been telling you -- that what you want doesn't exist and probably never will. You will either have to compromise or forget about it altogether.

#27 ·
Htpc has mentioning and by other members but it is TOOOOOO expensive to buy it so.....

And ok i don't want 3d menu support i want a complete 2d bluray movie menus support so.....

Is there any that kind bluray or media player or not?
You've already been given a few choices of players that support menus. They are mostly all discontinued though, so you will need to look at ebay or the secondary market for them. There are NO new players that I am aware of that support 2d menus because of the already mentioned reasons. You can ask it in different ways, but the answer will be the same. In order to get 3d support you will need to get a player that does NOT support menus at all. If you want 2d menus then you will need to get a player that doesn't support 3d files. You need to make a choice what is more important to you ANY menu system at all or 3d support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.