9db 12" router antenna's - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-25-2014, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
9db 12" router antenna's

I have a Linksys AE6200 and my MBPS rate was at 65 MBPS. So I thought I would put big Antennas to get that range further to make it around the house. My Router is about 35 feet from my gaming room I bought 12 inch antennas and ran my MBPS and it dropped my rate from 65 to 30MBPS. Shouldnt of this had helped. I took the antennas because its no worth ruining speed. would these antennas cause that much drag on my speed. Take Care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-25-2014, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Antennas will amplify noise just as much as signal. First thing you should do is check to see if there are other AP's in the area from your neighbors and then try to change to a change that is less used. Also did you get an antenna that works with both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies since you AP is a dual band AP?

Also at 35' you shouldn't be having signal problems...at 65Mbps radio rate, this tells me you're running on a 20MHz channel at full strength, change your router to support a 20/40MHz channel (of course that's barring your client supports a 20/40MHz channel) to get to a 150Mbps radio rate.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page