Any media players with content focus for children (preferably with cableCARD support) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-26-2014, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Question Any media players with content focus for children (preferably with cableCARD support)

I like the new Kids area on Netflix (when I tried it with a desktop web browser).

I thought it would be nice if there was an media playback STB/dongle (attached to TV) that has menus/Theme/selections/channels/views/ meant for children. If it could play games, that would be nice too.

Also, if the device can detect and take advantage of cableCARDs for Live TV (either over LAN or builtin).

Can your HTPC Media Center / DVR Do this??

SageTV:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
+ OTA ATSC + DVB-S2 + Blu-ray/HD-DVD serving 5 clients.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-26-2014, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Roku would probably be your best part, specifically the Roku 3 which comes with a gaming remote. The games are nothing fancy, but you can review what games they have available here https://www.roku.com/channels/#!browse/games/by-popular

As for cablecard support, I'm not aware of any streaming box that supports a cablecard.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page