Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-05-2014, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
Lap top display > TV display

I've connected my laptop to my TV using and HDMI cable and everything appears to be working well other then the fact that when the picture is displayed on my TV, it only fills a small porting on the screen in the middle. How do I get the picture to show on the whole screen?

Windows 8.1

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-12-2014, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
bump

someone here has to know

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-12-2014, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Whats the max resolution of your laptop? Your tv? From what I remember you are limited by the resolution of your laptop (I have a 1600x900 laptop and cannot take advantage of my 1920x1080 flat panel via hdmi). Might need to go into display properties/options (dont have Windows 8.1 myself but find display in control panel or whatever they call t now) to be sure what your resolution properties/options are.

ps Might be more hardware specific so post your make/model info.

Last edited by lovinthehd; 07-12-2014 at 10:26 PM.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-12-2014, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

A thought occurred to me as to what I had tried when last hooking up my laptop (which I don't really need to do normally), so tried a lower resolution and apparently that does the trick, so now have a full display by changing my laptop resolution to 1280 x 720 (and letting my tv upscale it). I just can't do the 1920x1080 which is what I originally wanted to do....but maybe there's another way....I'm no computer wiz. I'm using a Windows 7 machine via my avr on hdmi pass-thru but maybe there's a better way?

post #5 of 6 Old 07-14-2014, 06:28 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I hook up my HP windows 7 laptop direct to my Sammy Plasma through HDMI and get audio to my receiver through ARC and all works well. One extra step I do is turn off duplicate screens on laptop to only display on TV and only then can I select 1920x1080 resolution on laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 7
post #6 of 6 Old 07-14-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmedrano1977 View Post
I hook up my HP windows 7 laptop direct to my Sammy Plasma through HDMI and get audio to my receiver through ARC and all works well. One extra step I do is turn off duplicate screens on laptop to only display on TV and only then can I select 1920x1080 resolution on laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Just for fun tried that still with my aux port on my avr as I wouldn't want to plug into tv directly. I don't get a higher resolution choice, still limited to 1600x900 so maybe a limitation of the graphics card in my laptop (think its just a basic graphics application built into the motherboard).

Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page