HDMI Input/Output - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-10-2014, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Smile HDMI Input/Output

Hi there. I had a quick look around and could not see any previous threads that may fully help, so I am hoping that someone here can. I have a HDMI nightmare (for me) that I would love some advice on.

I have 3 sky HD boxes in my bar which currently only uses 1 HDMI and the others use existing RF Coax Cable running to the other tvs.

Basically, is there a box/amp that would accept 3 or 4 inputs via HDMI that I could place beside the 3 sky boxes that would be able to manage the displays, and output to the 3 TVs either of the 3 inputs. I would also need it to handle the audio so I could say play only the audio input from one of the HDMI to a surround sound speakers. Would not mind if this had to be a separate box but would prefer if one could handle all.

I want all to be HD to TV but don't want the hassle (if it can be avoided) of multiple HDMI running everywhere I seen a few wireless HDMI senders if they would be an option.

So to summarize:

3xHDMI Sky Box to one HDMI Controller to allow any input to be 'sent' to any of the 3 TVs (Outputs) via HDMI cabling or a wireless solution. Also working in some audio solution to maybe allow audio channel switching (from HDMI 'in' from SKY box)

Tell me if I am crazy but I hope this can be done.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-10-2014, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The first thing that comes to mind is an HDMI matrix switch. These can have multiple inputs that are assignable to multiple outputs. You could have one sky box showing on one or more of your TVs, or each TV having a feed from a different sky box. A place called Monoprice sells a variety of these switches as do a number of other places. I should mention that feeding multiple TVs from one source via HDMI can be problematic. I've seen it work perfectly and have seen it glitchy as hell, it can depend on the equipment involved, the quality of the cables that sort of thing. That doesn't mean you have to invest a fortune in expensive cables, you just have to find ones that will work. As far as wireless feeds for HD, I can't offer any help on that one. If there are viable solutions it would reduce the cabling clutter. You can take a look at what monoprice has to offer here: http://www.monoprice.com/Search/Inde...+matrix+switch
post #3 of 3 Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you so much for the help. I will check those out now!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page