Mede8er vs. Minix X8-H - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-12-2014, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Mede8er vs. Minix X8-H

So my Dune player died after a year and 2 weeks. It worked fine during that time, but it seems Dune has failed to do much to the players now and their support sucks. So I am off to find a new player. I like the thought of the Minix, but Mede8er seems more polished.

I run full bluray rips straight from my disk, so I see up to 45mb/s read speeds. I am seeing that the minix can have issues with mkvs and that is all I have. I have gigabit from the server, but I see minix is 10/100 only where the Mede8er is gigabit. My Dune was 10/100 only and did ok on most things, but over 40mb/s seemed to be pushing it as it would start to lose the smoothness. I would really like to go with the Minix, but I want it to play everything and it sounds like the Mede8er 600x3d will do that.

Can someone give input on either of these machines? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Yesterday, 04:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm also going to choose between one of those two in the near future. I'm mainly gonna be streaming of a NAS, and what I read on most sites is that the streaming of full HD is not a problem on the Minix 8-h (despite the 100mb). What I read what might be a problem is the low internal memory on the Minix, which is a problem during online streaming. There is a workaround , which caches onto an SD card, but I don't really like the added complexity of that.
But still I do prefer the Minix over the mede8er because XBMC runs so smoothly on android since Gotham is released, and I have always liked XBMC (I remember using it on my xbox (1st gen)). Besides that the chipset is better (Amlogic S802-H with Mali450 versus Realtek 1186 0.75Ghz Single Core)

Can anyone come up with a good reason to prefer the mede8er (600) over the MiniX Neo X8-H, besides the gigabit LAN being more futureproof (like 4k at higher fps streaming)?
post #3 of 3 Old Yesterday, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Do these do 3D blu ray ISO ?... I tried looking it up but couldn't find info.
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page