What type of system configuration? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-12-2014, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What type of system configuration?

I am trying to determine the best configuration to use. Up to this point I have just been streaming music from my phone to a bose bluetooth unit to play at the pool.

I am now finishing up renovations on my poolhouse and want to upgrade the system -- and eliminate the need to pull out the bose every time I want to use it. I have 2 speakers wired outside of the poolhouse pointing towards the pool deck and might also put in two additional wireless speakers. In addition to playing music by the pool, I also have an outdoor movie screen, and would use those speakers for audio on outdoor movies. I have a about 50gigs of music in itunes, but also need to be able to connect blu-ray player. I also have a YAMAHA RX-V577 7.2-channel Wi-Fi Network AV Receiver that I can use in the pool house. As far as music source, I can continue to just play it off my iphone or I could use a computer as a media server. I have the option of wireless or cat5 connection from the receiver into my home network.

So I am looking for recommendations on what config to use to play music out by the pool and audio from the blu-ray. I have done some research but still at a loss for the best solution ... thanks for your help!
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page