Sony FMP-X10 owners thread - Page 11 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dreaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 45
^ Well done!
dreaux is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
 
slots1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 405
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I ordered mine from a sony dealer early in June.
It is coming direct from sony, but when?
If you ordered from sony you got it early
slots1 is offline  
post #303 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by slots1 View Post
I ordered mine from a sony dealer early in June.
It is coming direct from sony, but when?
If you ordered from sony you got it early
Surprised you have not received it yet.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #304 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dreaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by slots1 View Post
I ordered mine from a sony dealer early in June.
It is coming direct from sony, but when?
If you ordered from sony you got it early
Yes strange you haven't received it yet from Sony. I got mine on the 17th I believe. However I did pre order it from them in February or March.
luism2008 likes this.
dreaux is offline  
post #305 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
Yes strange you haven't received it yet from Sony. I got mine on the 17th I believe. However I did pre order it from them in February or March.
I didn't order mine until the last day at $499 and had it the next day.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #306 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 49
My Crutchfield order was showing ETA of 7/25. Decided to check status today and it now says ETA of 7/31. I assume that this is to them. Either they didn't get their allotment or I'm further down the list with an order date of 7/14.
Gerry
ggw2000 is offline  
post #307 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
My Crutchfield order was showing ETA of 7/25. Decided to check status today and it now says ETA of 7/31. I assume that this is to them. Either they didn't get their allotment or I'm further down the list with an order date of 7/14.
Gerry
I noticed Fry's went from 7/25 to sometime in August. I think Sony is going to keep filling their own orders first.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #308 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I noticed Fry's went from 7/25 to sometime in August. I think Sony is going to keep filling their own orders first.
Just checked Amazon- Video & Audio center say they have 5 left- Amazon itself says 2-4 weeks. Of course this is at $700! My point is that some retailers must have got some..
ggw2000 is offline  
post #309 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Traylorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 394
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Only 23 movies available for rental!! That's just a load of cr*p . I guess it just goes to show how Sony operates- greed-greed-greed.. Personally I would not buy any movies at the price they want. I really have to consider whether or not to cancel my Crutchfield preorder. My gut tells me that you just cannot trust Sony to do the right thing for the consumer down the road. Netflix is fine but will there be an Amazon app (unknown) and others in the future, etc..
I thank you for the review and pointing out the little good and the bigger bad ..
Gerry
Are you really surprised by Sony's pricing strategy?? They have always priced their products at Premium...this is nothing new. While I would love to see more movies available to rent, and a lower pricing structure to buy, I understand that agreeing to be an early adopter means we are stuck paying a premium for cutting edge hardware and content.

We are squarely in the early adoption time frame for 4K TVs and content, Sony is a hardware manufacturer that also manages a movie division. At this point they are going to do everything possible to maximize their products. We can talk about greed all day long...but I am hard pressed to believe that other multi-billion companies in this industry are inherently "less" greedy than Sony. If Samsung, Panasonic, Sharp, Toshiba were first to market with a proprietary media server with an opportunity to sell their own movies...IMHO you would see the same aggressive pricing structure implemented by Sony.

Last edited by Traylorc; 07-27-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Traylorc is offline  
post #310 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 1,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 247
At this point, we're pretty much locked on "Columbia" and "Sony Pictures" product. I remember years ago when the Columbia Record Club only had their labels for sale as a member. It took a few years, but they ultimately had to negotiate with other labels to remain viable.

PS: They're still around, but only a fraction of what they were.
LeeSoFl is offline  
post #311 of 2436 Old 07-26-2014, 10:48 PM
Member
 
TVAzteca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
I plugged a new WD 3TB external into the X1, and clicked Format. After it set up, I went to each feature, "Salt, "Bridge on the River Kwai" etc and one-by-one did "Move to External." When it was complete, the X1's internal drive was down at 260G (from 700G) and the external showed 400G used. The 10 features were viewable off the X1's menu from the External drive option.

It couldn't have been easier, but I don't know what format they were. I suspect they're in the same format as were originally on the internal X1 drive.

Hopefully, when the X10 gets here, it will load the external and the movies.

Sent you a PM about something related.

Lee
Took my exported 4K films from the X1 (Puck) that I had stored on an external hard drive and connected it to the back USB port. These were movies that were included in the Puck and migrated like Lee had mentioned. When I connected the HD to the X10, it asked if I wanted to format it. Uh, noooo!

I then installed the HD on the front USB and when I selected Video Player from the menu, after a few seconds I got "There are no items to display."

Still connected to the front USB and selecting My 4K Videos gets a blank screen. Seems like Sony is still working on how we're expected to migrate our old movies off the the X1.

I did download a 4K video from online and copied it to a USB thumb drive in MP4 format. That played okay from the front of the X10.

Last edited by TVAzteca; 07-26-2014 at 10:52 PM.
TVAzteca is offline  
post #312 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 03:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVAzteca View Post
Took my exported 4K films from the X1 (Puck) that I had stored on an external hard drive and connected it to the back USB port. These were movies that were included in the Puck and migrated like Lee had mentioned. When I connected the HD to the X10, it asked if I wanted to format it. Uh, noooo!

I then installed the HD on the front USB and when I selected Video Player from the menu, after a few seconds I got "There are no items to display."

Still connected to the front USB and selecting My 4K Videos gets a blank screen. Seems like Sony is still working on how we're expected to migrate our old movies off the the X1.

I did download a 4K video from online and copied it to a USB thumb drive in MP4 format. That played okay from the front of the X10.
Did you try the back USB port? Just wondering....
ggw2000 is offline  
post #313 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Did you try the back USB port? Just wondering....
First thing he tried. It asked him to format the drive.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #314 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 05:01 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVAzteca View Post
Took my exported 4K films from the X1 (Puck) that I had stored on an external hard drive and connected it to the back USB port. These were movies that were included in the Puck and migrated like Lee had mentioned. When I connected the HD to the X10, it asked if I wanted to format it. Uh, noooo!

I then installed the HD on the front USB and when I selected Video Player from the menu, after a few seconds I got "There are no items to display."

Still connected to the front USB and selecting My 4K Videos gets a blank screen. Seems like Sony is still working on how we're expected to migrate our old movies off the the X1.

I did download a 4K video from online and copied it to a USB thumb drive in MP4 format. That played okay from the front of the X10.
I think drives are paired with players. That is how my DVR expander works - must be formatted and it pairs it with the physical cable box so I can't play it with any other device.
I would contact Sony and ask them how to keep those movies and pair them with your new player.
Mdjones9137 is offline  
post #315 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
First thing he tried. It asked him to format the drive.
Sorry missed that in first sentence- duh....
ggw2000 is offline  
post #316 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
I think drives are paired with players. That is how my DVR expander works - must be formatted and it pairs it with the physical cable box so I can't play it with any other device.
I would contact Sony and ask them how to keep those movies and pair them with your new player.
I think the issue is the free movies. Those are tied to the x1, not your SEN account. Sony will probably say something similar. If they were tied to your SEN account you could always redownload them for free. It seems to only be the 10 free movies giving people problems.

I received Elysium for free and was able to download it for free on the x10
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #317 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 1,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I think the issue is the free movies. Those are tied to the x1, not your SEN account. Sony will probably say something similar. If they were tied to your SEN account you could always redownload them for free. It seems to only be the 10 free movies giving people problems.

I received Elysium for free and was able to download it for free on the x10
I feared that the time I spent transferring the 10 movies off the X1 was not going to be productive. But since I was sending the X1 back, I figured I'd give it a try, since I wouldn't have both players here at the same time.

It'll be interesting to see if when I log the X10 onto my existing SEN account, it brings up those ten titles as being "mine already" and lets me pull them in again at no cost.

I was planning on buying an external drive one way or another, with the smaller capacity of the X10.

With the maybe/maybe not answers Sony support gives, I've found it a waste of time to ask those kind of questions and hope to get a reliable answer.
LeeSoFl is offline  
post #318 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 06:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
I feared that the time I spent transferring the 10 movies off the X1 was not going to be productive. But since I was sending the X1 back, I figured I'd give it a try, since I wouldn't have both players here at the same time.

It'll be interesting to see if when I log the X10 onto my existing SEN account, it brings up those ten titles as being "mine already" and lets me pull them in again at no cost.

I was planning on buying an external drive one way or another, with the smaller capacity of the X10.

With the maybe/maybe not answers Sony support gives, I've found it a waste of time to ask those kind of questions and hope to get a reliable answer.
When you first log in on the x10 the "my 4k videos" section is totally blank. Go to the store and click the buy button on one of your free movies. It should just prompt you to download and not buy the movie.

Once I did that for Elysium it instantly showed in "my 4k videos". It is a preloaded movie too, so it didn't need to be downloaded.

I think others had problems with the 10 free titles and had to call Sony. They may give you a new download code for the movie.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #319 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 06:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 542
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Ehd ?

I see that looking at the back of the X10 the USB port says 5V at 800ma. I have been using the Western Digital Elements portables for backups on my Desktops. There small and you don't need an external power source. I went to the WD site but cannot come up with any info on the current draw on these drives . Does anyone know or tried an EHD w/o external power?
Thanks, Gerry
ggw2000 is offline  
post #320 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 06:51 AM
Member
 
Reyfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Roseville CA
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdjones9137 View Post
I think drives are paired with players. That is how my DVR expander works - must be formatted and it pairs it with the physical cable box so I can't play it with any other device.
I would contact Sony and ask them how to keep those movies and pair them with your new player.
I took a WD Passport Drive with several of the YouTube 4K MP4 files on it and tried to connect it to the front USB port. The X10 recognized the drive but not the files. I tried a USB Stick and those files played fine. So I tried connecting the Passport drive to the rear USB port and it asked me if I wanted to Format the drive. I let it format the drive and then connected the drive back up to my MacBook Pro, created a folder called 4K Videos and copied the 60+ MP4 files back onto the drive. When I connected the drive up to the front USB port of the X10, the player recognized the drive and loaded all of the thumbnails for the files and they play perfectly. Pressing the Options button on the X10's remote gives you some minimal player configuration choices along with the Scene, Picture and Sound settings. I am liking my X10 vs the X1 that came bundled with my XBR65X900A.
Reyfam is offline  
post #321 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
bruceames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Rafael, CA
Posts: 905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattopotamus View Post
I think the issue is the free movies. Those are tied to the x1, not your SEN account. Sony will probably say something similar. If they were tied to your SEN account you could always redownload them for free. It seems to only be the 10 free movies giving people problems.

I received Elysium for free and was able to download it for free on the x10
Since the 10 free movies are only free when playing on the X1, how did you get Elysium for free? Could it be that it's free for everyone with the X10?

Mine finally shipped from Amazon, will be getting tomorrow.
bruceames is offline  
post #322 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Since the 10 free movies are only free when playing on the X1, how did you get Elysium for free? Could it be that it's free for everyone with the X10?

Mine finally shipped from Amazon, will be getting tomorrow.
The Elysium offer was a few months ago, after the 10 movies deal with the purchase of the x1.

When I got the x10 it said it cost $34.99, but when I clicked buy, it was free still.

It has always shown on my SEN account since I originally claimed the offer.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #323 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 1,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Since the 10 free movies are only free when playing on the X1
I'll be happy whatever the outcome is with the X1 to X10 swap out. I'm always amused at the fuzzy math Sony continues to exhibit. If you buy their first gen player and get the movies as part of the offer, taking them back when you purchase their next gen player just adds to the ironic intrigue.

Going to be interesting to see if those 10 show up as re-downloadable with the new X10.

Sony gave me three Blu-ray movies when my 65/900A was purchased. If I buy a new TV, do I have to send those three discs back?
LeeSoFl is offline  
post #324 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
bruceames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Rafael, CA
Posts: 905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
I'll be happy whatever the outcome is with the X1 to X10 swap out. I'm always amused at the fuzzy math Sony continues to exhibit. If you buy their first gen player and get the movies as part of the offer, taking them back when you purchase their next gen player just adds to the ironic intrigue.

Going to be interesting to see if those 10 show up as re-downloadable with the new X10.

Sony gave me three Blu-ray movies when my 65/900A was purchased. If I buy a new TV, do I have to send those three discs back?
I agree it will be awfully lame if Sony takes those 10 movies back because they were only "free" as played on the X1. People bought that player under the assumption that those movies would become part of their 4K "digital locker", so hopefully it's not true or at least they'll cave and let those owners keep the movies forever.
bruceames is offline  
post #325 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
AustinJerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,195
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2152 Post(s)
Liked: 1159
Well, I received the 10 free movie offer when I purchased my X1. I only downloaded four of them, and the other six have disappeared from my account, even though I still have the X1. I guess I should have "purchased" the other six free ones.
AustinJerry is offline  
post #326 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dreaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
I'll be happy whatever the outcome is with the X1 to X10 swap out. I'm always amused at the fuzzy math Sony continues to exhibit. If you buy their first gen player and get the movies as part of the offer, taking them back when you purchase their next gen player just adds to the ironic intrigue.

Going to be interesting to see if those 10 show up as re-downloadable with the new X10.

Sony gave me three Blu-ray movies when my 65/900A was purchased. If I buy a new TV, do I have to send those three discs back?
What movies do you have listed under media on your SEN account. I have 9 of the 10 free movies that were on the X1, but they don't show up on "My Videos" on the X10 so I can't view them.
They are listed under my SEN Media with a link but it is not a download link to a MP4 movie and they all say SD and they do not have an expiration date.
I may try and download/buy them on the X10 and see if they are free like mentioned above.

Last edited by dreaux; 07-27-2014 at 10:15 AM.
dreaux is offline  
post #327 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LeeSoFl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wellington, FL
Posts: 1,012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
What movies do you have listed under media on your SEN account. I have 9 of the 10 free movies that were on the X1, but they don't show up on "My Videos" on the X10 so I can't view them.
They are listed under my SEN Media with a link but it is not a download link to a MP4 movie and they all say SD and they do not have an expiration date.
I may try and download/buy them on the X10 and see if they are free like mentioned above.
None of the original ten movies are listed online at my SEN account. I don't think they're coming back, and most likely not retrievable from my transfer to the external drive.

When I get the X10, I'll take it one step at a time, and see if it's worth the effort to "discuss" it with Sony.
LeeSoFl is offline  
post #328 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
dreaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 1,320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I just now tried to buy "Bad Teacher' which is in with 'all movies'. When I tried to buy it a screen came up saying--

"You purchased this video ( I really didn't purchase it before, it was just one of the free movies on the X1) on another device.
To view it on this 4K Media Player (meaning my X10), please contact Sony with this code 4145.
Call 1 855 476 6945"

I called this number and they saw my earlier X1 account. They said they will be sending me an email with a code in it to put in my X10 screen under Video Unlimited 4K, "Redeem Codes".
At least that's what I think he said in a heavy accent.
The code won't come until Monday of Tuesday he said. The code office is not open on Sunday.
So in any case it 'appears' they may honor our X1 purchases.
We'll see.
LeeSoFl and bruceames like this.
dreaux is offline  
post #329 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Mattopotamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
I just now tried to buy "Bad Teacher' which is in with 'all movies'. When I tried to buy it a screen came up saying--

"You purchased this video ( I really didn't purchase it before, it was just one of the free movies on the X1) on another device.
To view it on this 4K Media Player (meaning my X10), please contact Sony with this code 4145.
Call 1 855 476 6945"

I called this number and they saw my earlier X1 account. They said they will be sending me an email with a code in it to put in my X10 screen under Video Unlimited 4K, "Redeem Codes".
At least that's what I think he said in a heavy accent.
The code won't come until Monday of Tuesday he said. The code office is not open on Sunday.
So in any case it 'appears' they may honor our X1 purchases.
We'll see.
That is what I thought they would do. Granted the movies have to be in your SEN account.
Mattopotamus is offline  
post #330 of 2436 Old 07-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member
 
Mdjones9137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 550
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeSoFl View Post
None of the original ten movies are listed online at my SEN account. I don't think they're coming back, and most likely not retrievable from my transfer to the external drive.

When I get the X10, I'll take it one step at a time, and see if it's worth the effort to "discuss" it with Sony.
Wish the industry would hurry up and create 4k blu-ray. Physical media doesn't have all these challenges.
Mdjones9137 is offline  
Reply Networking, Media Servers & Content Streaming

Tags
fmp-x10
Gear in this thread - fmp-x10 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off